which spec for leveling to 85?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

which template will you mainly use from 80 to 85?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:11 am

A- tank one day, tank for life !! protect 'till death
52%
B- Retribution For The Win, i love big stick in my hands
27%
C- lolilol shockadin !! heal can hurt
3%
D- don't know yet, will depend ideas in this post
8%
E- my pal will stay lv80 (retirement, new alt etc)
11%

Total votes : 79

Re: which spec for leveling to 85?

Postby eia » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:18 am

That's the problem with all polls, limited amount of answers and wording of the replies modifying the results.
What I lacked most was a dual-spec option though, considering it now costs 10g, I can't imagine anyone not having it. Even if you'd only use it for a second prot-spec so you don't have to swap glyphs or whatever...
"It takes two to cuddle."
eia

Postby econ21 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:19 am

I'm surprised at so many people saying "prot in ret gear" - I thought the 4.x threat figures from theckhd implied this was pointless?

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... _v=posting

Specifically, if stamina is "almost as much" DPS for prot spec as strength, why not just use your "threat set" tank gear - exp and hit capped, but otherwise enhanced for suvival? I suppose ret gear does come with crit, but still - I'd rather have the avoidance/block we get from prot gear.

I'll level as prot - starting off in my threat set, but I guess soon switching for whatever new gear I can pick up (ret or prot) when soloing.
econ21

Postby eia » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:51 am

As I understood it Stamina is a threat stat due to vengeance, and while running around questing it will most probably drop off and/or not stack high enough to matter.
"It takes two to cuddle."
eia

Postby degre » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:32 am

eia wrote:As I understood it Stamina is a threat stat due to vengeance, and while running around questing it will most probably drop off and/or not stack high enough to matter.

The new gear has the very same amount of stamina and strenght in the two dps/tank versions, it only differs in what secondary stats are offered, so where DPS gear offers haste and crit, Tank gear offers dodge and parry, mastery is common to both.
AP has been removed, so the same iLevel gear coming in either dps or tank version will give you the very same AP thanks to Strenght.

Considering all of the above, I'll get whatever best in slot I drop or get as reward, I'll semply wear anything that drops and is an improvement, the only bits I'll try to avoid unless are a major primary stats upgrade will be the ones showing haste/crit together, as haste is fairy useless if you go sword and board and crit itself doesnt justify changing the piece.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby Maddok » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:58 am

Prot/Ret Dualspec unless I decided to to level my tank warrior instead, I doubt I'll swap mains this xpac but who knows.
Maddok

Postby theckhd » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:42 am

eia wrote:As I understood it Stamina is a threat stat due to vengeance, and while running around questing it will most probably drop off and/or not stack high enough to matter.

This. Grinding quest mobs is not likely to be Vengtastic. Stamina is really only a threat stat while tanking in raids (and possibly heroics, depending on how hard stuff hits).
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Previous

Return to General