Remove Advertisements

Our soloing abilities after the Shattering?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Our soloing abilities after the Shattering?

Postby Jonlo » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:02 am

I gained 5% passive block when the Shattering happened. Went from 44% to 49%.
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:20 pm

I have to say our solo'ing ability all up is good.
Can do Mags, first bosses of Kara, and Heroic BC instances easily.
Course the self heal nerf hurt a bit (Potl), but pallies are still in a good place.

P.S. Who thinks that the Glyph of the long word is good for soloing?
Ive been using it and I am finding that I'm doing less over healing, and able to manage my health better.

Another aspect that I've been investigating is the effect of 4.0 on low level pallies.
Seems they are virtually indestructible now, both questing and running LFG.

Word of glory is achieved at level 9 - and is the first heal you get now.
Level 10 brings the prot spec, and down low its near identical to ret, except that prot gets the very nice 3.0sec CS so you get your holy power stacked up faster.
AoE is a bit dicey down low, you get your 3 mob hitting AS as soon as you spec prot at 10, but apart from that there are NO other multi target abilities until Consecrate at 24, then Ret aura at 26. Don't even get Righteous Defence until 36.
So in essence self WoG usage is a GOOD way to retain threat on multiple targets.
WoG is also essential as many low level healers have no idea how to heal. :D

Once you ding 29 it all becomes terribly easy. You have enough talent points for HotR.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby steadypal » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:37 pm

Worldie wrote:Looking at it, my WoG now hits for about as much as before, if not more. So we just only lost 15% block and 3-4k bonus heal everytime, in change of 10% block value, seembs ok.

hrm, before last patch my wog was healing for 10-13k , last time i checked a few days ago it was hitting for like 6k?
steadypal

Postby Gabe » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:21 am

masterpoobaa wrote:Another aspect that I've been investigating is the effect of 4.0 on low level pallies.
Seems they are virtually indestructible now, both questing and running LFG.

I started leveling a new tauren paladin to use a as a main in Cata and boy has it been fun. Leveling as Prot is absolutely insane right now.

Firstly, with WoG you never die. Enemies just can't deal enough damage in the time it takes you to regain three stacks of HoPo so there's no risk. I've soloed every single elite I've come across without breaking a sweat, most recently all of the ones in Dragonblight and the Grizzly Hills horde Arena quests. Not that this is absolutely impossible with a few other classes, but the lack of effort it takes is pretty silly.

Our AoE and even single target DPS is pretty insane. During the Outland phase and the start of Northrend recount regularly showed me as doing over 40% of the groups DPS while tanking. Now some of this may be due to terrible DPS from the others, but it was way too consistent to be only that. A ret spec can barely squeeze out the same DPS on an equivalent level.

Also in instances if a healer just goes AFK and we can't get rid of him to find a replacement you can just keep going and heal yourself. This includes most of the bosses.

I say this after having leveled a Blood DK in 4.0.1 and the difference in ease has been pretty staggering and not like the DK wasn't easy.

A friend of mine has been climbing trough the levels on a tauren paladin his own and he's reporting similar results.

So if you've been wondering about rolling new a pally, now seems to be a great time to do so. Hoping to hit 80 in a few hours myself.
Gabe

Postby masterpoobaa » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:17 pm

Yeah, midrange (30-70+) pallies shine.
Ret aura + HotR every 3 sec + Holy Wrath + consecrate = insane aoe dmamage.
Getting HotR at 29 and glyphing it is an absolute must.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Worldie » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:38 am

steadypal wrote:
Worldie wrote:Looking at it, my WoG now hits for about as much as before, if not more. So we just only lost 15% block and 3-4k bonus heal everytime, in change of 10% block value, seembs ok.

hrm, before last patch my wog was healing for 10-13k , last time i checked a few days ago it was hitting for like 6k?

No idea of your AP but my WoG (talented) heals for about 13k non crit.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby xlos » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:07 am

Tbh even in heroic (80) instances I can keep going even when the healer is afk/not there. Just have to watch out with dmg on the dps with aoe.
xlos

Postby Santcuff » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:07 am

I was able to solo Baron Geddon and it seems the ceiling DC bug is gone so more TF runs for me
daemonym wrote:Crazy? I was crazy once...
Santcuff

Postby Chunes » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:24 am

Strangely enough for me, the boss giving me the hardest time last night in MC was genennas. His healing debuff is a gamebreaker unless you're glyphed and talented for a really heal-centric prot build.
Chunes

Postby Worldie » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:52 am

Not so strange, Gehennas has always been the hardest boss in there.

Golemagg turned into a decent challenge now though while it was a joke before.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Chunes » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:58 pm

I always struggled more with geddon than gehennas just due to the mana burn, unavoidable fall damage and the tics from his fire pulse. Then again, I never made a dedicated set of gear for him like some of the strategies recommended.
Chunes

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:44 pm

I find levelling as Ret to be more fun, personally. Up to 37 now, been utterly destroying everything since L10.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Shathus » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:20 pm

Chunes wrote:I always struggled more with geddon than gehennas just due to the mana burn, unavoidable fall damage and the tics from his fire pulse. Then again, I never made a dedicated set of gear for him like some of the strategies recommended.

And it's rougher now since we can't cleanse the mana burn. I had to switch to SoI in order to actually have some mana last time I tried. Though I was also suffering from the D/C when you hit the roof issue, so I didn't finish the fight. need to get back in there.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:02 pm

So THATS what was making me DC!
Was driving me nuts.
Last time i tanked Geddon i needed a mage friend to help me.
And he dropped his bindings! (I got both on the 1 run).
So as i got my thunderfury Ive never had to attempt him again.
masterpoobaa

Previous

Return to General