Post Shattering activities

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Shattering activities

Postby Belloc » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:13 pm

Noradin wrote:I had fun discovering all dungeons in nortrend with all my chars since otherwise the only random heroic you get is Strat -.-

Shame it didn't work that way before... I would've went and discovered the Oculus and Utgarde Pinnacle and been done with it.
Belloc

Postby Teranoid » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:07 pm

Just ran the new version of deadmines on the druid. Words cannot describe how awesome this dungeon has become.
Teranoid

Postby Dorvan » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:19 pm

"Post Shattering activities" brought back memories of moderating here...good times :twisted:

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Dianora » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:58 am

Teranoid wrote:Just ran the new version of deadmines on the druid. Words cannot describe how awesome this dungeon has become.

Although Blizzard instituted the auto quest discovery and turn-in, they didn't do it to all of the old instances. For example, Blackfathom Depth (I'm going through ALL of the old zones doing the fp discovery and doing old instance for worgen reputation points). I'm also grinding for new pets. Hordes have it easy with getting Withers, they just have to buy it. Alliance have to go through about 32 quests just to get it as a quest reward. I'm mostly done with East Kingdom FP, next stop, Stonetalon Peaks.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Mannstein » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:15 am

Noradin wrote:I had fun discovering all dungeons in nortrend with all my chars since otherwise the only random heroic you get is Strat -.-

Is this implemented?
This means that for my lvl69 shammy, i can only access UK/UP random dungeons (i haven't explored more)?

O. M. G.
This means that with careful planning(exploration) i can setup in the future a random HC rotation that only has ToC, Gundrak, DTK, UK and UP as an option?
No HoS, Oculos or HoL???

P.S. Sorry for the Thread highjacking
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby culhag » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:43 am

Mannstein wrote:

Is this implemented?
This means that for my lvl69 shammy, i can only access UK/UP random dungeons (i haven't explored more)?

It was a bug that's been hotfixed.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Mannstein » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:13 am

culhag wrote:It was a bug that's been hotfixed.

Damn... it would be fun :D

Thx anyway...
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:23 am

I didn't realize that so many questing areas would have completely new achievements for them.

At first I was bitter because I lost 150 achievement points with the Shattering but then I opened up the achievements points for the zones and I was like ZOMG NEW NERD POINTS FOR QUESTS.

That'll definitely keep me busy till Cataclysm hits.

(Also, new cooking and fishing quests are up and rewarding the items you need for the cooking recipes. Very excited to stockpile a few before the expansion.)
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby eia » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:42 am

It seems that you can only "stockpile" 10 of the awards though*, but that shouldn't be a big problem since the vendor seems to be up already as well, so you can just start spending them immediately.

(*Source is that my ui reports that I have "1/10" and claims that 10 is max amount, same as it reports 4000 is max JP etc)
"It takes two to cuddle."
eia

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:52 am

eia wrote:It seems that you can only "stockpile" 10 of the awards though*, but that shouldn't be a big problem since the vendor seems to be up already as well, so you can just start spending them immediately.

(*Source is that my ui reports that I have "1/10" and claims that 10 is max amount, same as it reports 4000 is max JP etc)

That's weird... I don't remember seeing a total number when I looked at my currency tab. I was being rather hasty though so perhaps I missed it.

And yeah you can spend them right away as it looked like there were about 15 or so recipes that could be bought and learned with our current maxed cooking skill.

A cap on the awards isn't a bad idea... I've got 260 cooking awards left over on my main from Wrath... And there's nothing to spend that on that can even produce money anymore.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby djlar » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:48 am

THere some nice new 450 cooking skill recipes.. however the mats aren't available yet.. LOL..

Some were reporting that you could fish some of those new recipes mats near the new zones, but they hotfixed that.

Also I was excited to get the new Goblin vehicle, but now I see 100's running around.. meh.
djlar

Postby eia » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:06 am

Nikachelle wrote:
eia wrote:It seems that you can only "stockpile" 10 of the awards though*, but that shouldn't be a big problem since the vendor seems to be up already as well, so you can just start spending them immediately.

That's weird... I don't remember seeing a total number when I looked at my currency tab. I was being rather hasty though so perhaps I missed it.

And yeah you can spend them right away as it looked like there were about 15 or so recipes that could be bought and learned with our current maxed cooking skill.

A cap on the awards isn't a bad idea... I've got 260 cooking awards left over on my main from Wrath... And there's nothing to spend that on that can even produce money anymore.

Yeah, you have to hover over the icon on the far right for each currency, it's quite handy, you can see hard and weekly caps (guess this is why it was implemented, since the weekly cap would be really annoying to figure out and keep track of per week).
"It takes two to cuddle."
eia

Postby Gracerath » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:19 am

I said I would and the first thing I did was go to Westfall to investigate the death of Old Blanchy. Westfall questing was great but damn, what a tragic story there. A quick word of advice for anyone going through it. After you go through the questlines and you get sent to the deadmines, instead of clearing out the deadmines once you're there, come back out and do the next set of quest turn ins. It will make the trek back into deadmines make a little more sense.

Then I went and punched deathwing in the face. The 3rd part of that quest line is the best. I loved that one of the "hot chicks" is a male blood elf. I laughed pretty mightily. Blizzard has some fantastic humor somtimes.

I've been running some random heroics for Gilneas rep and not doing a whole lot of questing otherwise. I want it all to be mostly new when I start leveling my worgen alt.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:16 am

Gracerath wrote:I said I would and the first thing I did was go to Westfall to investigate the death of Old Blanchy. Westfall questing was great but damn, what a tragic story there. A quick word of advice for anyone going through it. After you go through the questlines and you get sent to the deadmines, instead of clearing out the deadmines once you're there, come back out and do the next set of quest turn ins. It will make the trek back into deadmines make a little more sense.

I've been questing my way through... and so far only managed Redridge and Westfall. Have to agree... the turn of events in Westfall is rather chilling. DEFINITELY recommend re-doing Westfall because hitting the heroic mode. There is a LOT of explaining that goes on and it's well worth your time.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby crazyharry » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:46 am

I noticed no one on my server had the goblin trike, so I ground out the rep, got the bike and have been zooming about Org getting whispers every few seconds about it.
Now I feel way more important than I have any right to feel but it will be short lived, everyone will have one tomorrow.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a hoof stamping on a cupcake -- forever.
http://kefkafloyd.deviantart.com/art/Pi ... -201465409
crazyharry

PreviousNext

Return to General