Post Shattering activities

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Shattering activities

Postby Rojhaz » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:38 am

So far I've gotten the four new pets and nearly loaded my quest log with completed quests to turn in on the 7th. I also tried to buy the blue lvl 85 JP gear but I guess I have to be 85 to even buy it. I'm at JP cap and am wondering if I should spend them on heirlooms -- do the regular 80-85 dungeons give JP as we level, or just heroics once we're at cap?
Rojhaz

Postby Braundo » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:33 pm

Rojhaz wrote:So far I've gotten the four new pets and nearly loaded my quest log with completed quests to turn in on the 7th. I also tried to buy the blue lvl 85 JP gear but I guess I have to be 85 to even buy it. I'm at JP cap and am wondering if I should spend them on heirlooms -- do the regular 80-85 dungeons give JP as we level, or just heroics once we're at cap?

IIRC, you'd only get the small amount of bonus JP acquired from the first random dungeon you do each day. The bosses themselves in non-heroic dungeons don't give any points so far as I know.

-------

For my own question, what's the fastest way to level Steamwheedle rep nowadays? Is grinding pirates still the way to go, and if so, are the same locations still valid after the Shattering? If not, where should I be headed? I don't care about reaching Exalted or anything at this point, I just want to get back to Neutral.
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby Zalaria » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:48 pm

Braundo wrote:For my own question, what's the fastest way to level Steamwheedle rep nowadays? Is grinding pirates still the way to go, and if so, are the same locations still valid after the Shattering? If not, where should I be headed? I don't care about reaching Exalted or anything at this point, I just want to get back to Neutral.

I've been working on that myself. They took out my Dire Maul quest, so I have resorted to grinding mobs for the rep. As far as I can tell, there's 2 good spots: the boat in Grizzly Hills, and the pirates in Tanaris.

The boat is the middle one at Venture Bay. the Venture Company Evacuees give 5 rep to Booty Bay (until revered) and 2.5 spillover to the other three (until exalted). They are on a forced spawn, so if you can get a few people, the rep comes in really fast.

The Tanaris pirates have changed a bit. The old spot is under attack from... I think alliance and horde mobs. Go a bit south (or come around the south side of the CoT mountain) and there's a place with 2 boats. The mobs there give 5 Gadgetzan rep (until revered) and 2.5 spillover to the other three (until exalted). The captain on the northern boat gives no rep, but there's a rare spawn on the southern boat that gives 3x rep. These also seemed to be on a forced spawn so the more the merrier, but they were a reasonable solo-farm as well.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby crazyharry » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:49 pm

Braundo wrote:
Rojhaz wrote:So far I've gotten the four new pets and nearly loaded my quest log with completed quests to turn in on the 7th. I also tried to buy the blue lvl 85 JP gear but I guess I have to be 85 to even buy it. I'm at JP cap and am wondering if I should spend them on heirlooms -- do the regular 80-85 dungeons give JP as we level, or just heroics once we're at cap?

IIRC, you'd only get the small amount of bonus JP acquired from the first random dungeon you do each day. The bosses themselves in non-heroic dungeons don't give any points so far as I know.

-------

For my own question, what's the fastest way to level Steamwheedle rep nowadays? Is grinding pirates still the way to go, and if so, are the same locations still valid after the Shattering? If not, where should I be headed? I don't care about reaching Exalted or anything at this point, I just want to get back to Neutral.

Cloth hand ins outside the relevant area. i.e. ratchet, there is a goblin outside that will give you 500 rep for ratchet (and 250 for each of the others) for the princely sum of 40 linen cloth and 4 crystal vials. Repeatable till Neutral.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a hoof stamping on a cupcake -- forever.
http://kefkafloyd.deviantart.com/art/Pi ... -201465409
crazyharry

Postby Zalaria » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:54 pm

crazyharry wrote:Cloth hand ins outside the relevant area. i.e. ratchet, there is a goblin outside that will give you 500 rep for ratchet (and 250 for each of the others) for the princely sum of 40 linen cloth and 4 crystal vials. Repeatable till Neutral.

Note that that will kill your bloodsail rep. If you want to keep that rep, don't do the cloth turnins!
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Nalyn » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:17 pm

Braundo wrote:For my own question, what's the fastest way to level Steamwheedle rep nowadays? Is grinding pirates still the way to go, and if so, are the same locations still valid after the Shattering? If not, where should I be headed? I don't care about reaching Exalted or anything at this point, I just want to get back to Neutral.

It's a bit more work, but running DM north, repeatedly, and turning in the mats for the ogre suit (75 rep, and can be done multiple times a run if you get extra ogre tanins), and releasing the imprisoned goblin (250 rep, but can only be done once per run) is probably the fastest, least for anything over honored, with the bonus that it doesn't subtract from the bloodsail rep. Extra points if you're an enchanter, illusion dust and greater eternals usually sell well.
Nalyn

Postby Zalaria » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:38 pm

Nalyn wrote:It's a bit more work, but running DM north, repeatedly, and turning in the mats for the ogre suit (75 rep, and can be done multiple times a run if you get extra ogre tanins), and releasing the imprisoned goblin (250 rep, but can only be done once per run) is probably the fastest, least for anything over honored, with the bonus that it doesn't subtract from the bloodsail rep. Extra points if you're an enchanter, illusion dust and greater eternals usually sell well.

The quest Free Knot is gone, and the Ogre Suit quest no longer gives rep. Sadly, this means Dire Maul is no longer an option for rep :(
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Braundo » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:40 pm

Yeah, I already did the Dire Maul grind to exalted on another character, wouldn't be anxious to do it again, haha.

Thanks for the ideas, I'll go check out the new pirate camps.
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby Shathus » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:49 am

Thought the Badlands quest chain was fun and an interesting story. Really liking how it feels like (for the zones I've done) you're actually going through a thought out plot in a zone when questing now instead of just running from point A to point B to kill X mobs or get Y items.

EPL was fun like that too with the Fiona's Caravan quest thing... even if the damn Battle of Darrowshire is still bugged and I can't finish my achievement!
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to General