Remove Advertisements

Argent Tournament Daily Quest Gold Nerf

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Argent Tournament Daily Quest Gold Nerf

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:16 pm

Chunes wrote:
Rothifer wrote:I didn't notice a gold nerf but then I do have the addon Turn In so I never notice how much gold I get from quests.

I have to say I'm a believer too. This little addon made my life really awesome leveling my DK recently.

/highfive

Turn In - never talk to a stupid NPC ever again
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby fudomyou » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:46 pm

Ooh... I need to get in on installing that one when I get home.
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby rodos » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:51 pm

From what I've seen, the NPC dialogs for both accepting and turning in a quest show a lower amount (the amount you would get if you weren't level-capped), but in the quest log the full amount is shown.

I didn't check the actual gold received, since I've only been doing the dailies for seals.
rodos

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:32 pm

By the way, I have no idea what crack you guys are smoking, but those dailies... the purse does NOT grant a guaranteed champion's seal. I've just handed in two right now with no extra seal in my bags. >.<
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:49 pm

they aren't in the bag, just granted when opening.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby rodos » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:02 pm

Flex wrote:they aren't in the bag, just granted when opening.

I'm guessing this is why they're now guaranteed. They stopped being a lootable item with the currency change, and WoW only has a mechanism for random loot rewards, not random currency rewards. Rather than write new code, Blizz said "Hey, lets just give everyone some free seals."

That said, I didn't realise any of this until I read this thread. I'm going to start doing the annoying joust dailies that reward a purse now instead of skipping them. Getting the 8 mounts (5 city, 2 birds, 1 warhorse, already have charger) + squire pony takes 1050 seals. I really shouldn't have taken such a long break from doing these.
rodos

Postby benebarba » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:03 am

Another reason the Argent Tournament dailies were nice, especially around when 4.0.1 hit, was that the cost of the PVE heirlooms never changed through the Argent Crusade vendor, unlike the prices through the JP vendors. So I did the grind to get crusader, then kept doing them because they were pretty easy money (and once decently geared, most become trivial), could be done quickly and allowed me to save my JP for gearing my main.

For folks who are swimming in JP or don't care about PVE heirlooms, mounts, pets or rep, they probably aren't worth it.
benebarba

Postby Diocaska » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:52 am

benebarba wrote:Another reason the Argent Tournament dailies were nice, especially around when 4.0.1 hit, was that the cost of the PVE heirlooms never changed through the Argent Crusade vendor, unlike the prices through the JP vendors. So I did the grind to get crusader, then kept doing them because they were pretty easy money (and once decently geared, most become trivial), could be done quickly and allowed me to save my JP for gearing my main.

For folks who are swimming in JP or don't care about PVE heirlooms, mounts, pets or rep, they probably aren't worth it.

Depending on server, spending the points on a pet to list on the AH is a nice bit of extra income. They're still BoE right?
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
Diocaska

Postby degre » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:54 am

Diocaska wrote:
benebarba wrote:Another reason the Argent Tournament dailies were nice, especially around when 4.0.1 hit, was that the cost of the PVE heirlooms never changed through the Argent Crusade vendor, unlike the prices through the JP vendors. So I did the grind to get crusader, then kept doing them because they were pretty easy money (and once decently geared, most become trivial), could be done quickly and allowed me to save my JP for gearing my main.

Depending on server, spending the points on a pet to list on the AH is a nice bit of extra income. They're still BoE right?

Still are and selling well.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby benebarba » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:02 am

degre wrote:
Diocaska wrote:Depending on server, spending the points on a pet to list on the AH is a nice bit of extra income. They're still BoE right?

I hadn't even thought of that (never gave the pets much of a look)! /facepalm
benebarba

Postby Rothifer » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:14 am

It is one of my ways of making gold. I watch the pet market and buy any pet below 1k gold. Re list pet and profit. I have kept the pets selling above 1k gold for months and the only reason I stopped is because my girlfriend stole the idea XD

/highfive

Can't highfive. Foot hurts from dropping your addons name :P Thanks for all your time and effort with this gem!
Too much talking here and not enough tanking. Stop the bitching and get tanking.

Barathorn
Rothifer

Postby halabar » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:19 am

Hmm... gonna need new heirlooms for my baby worgen druid...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Dianora » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:14 am

benebarba wrote:
degre wrote:
Diocaska wrote:Depending on server, spending the points on a pet to list on the AH is a nice bit of extra income. They're still BoE right?

Yeah, a very healthy part of my Cata bankroll comes from selling Alliance pet on the neutral AH.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Belloc » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:40 pm

Diocaska wrote:

I don't want to know where you're going to equip that Elwynn Lamb.
Belloc

Postby benebarba » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:57 pm

Belloc wrote:I don't want to know where you're going to equip that Elwynn Lamb.

I don't either, especially since it'll be bound when it gets there :p
benebarba

PreviousNext

Return to General