Argent Tournament Daily Quest Gold Nerf

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Argent Tournament Daily Quest Gold Nerf

Postby Dianora » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:19 pm

The gold nerf was reversed. I guess that's what this morning's rolling restart aimed to fix.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby ZeroKewl » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:40 pm

Saw a bunch of people mentioning filling up their quest log for Cata. How much of a level do you think you will get for that? Are dailys worth more or less than non dailies? I think it sounds like a good idea, just hoping for a little more direction I guess.
ZeroKewl

Postby djlar » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:43 am

I can almost bet the dailies won't give any experience when Cata hits...

I pretty much stopped those since I'm only getting 7g each, not worth the time..

No hotfix, I just did some argent dailies with an alt last night, the same 1/2 the gold award
djlar

Postby Zalaria » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:46 am

djlar wrote:I can almost bet the dailies won't give any experience when Cata hits...

I pretty much stopped those since I'm only getting 7g each, not worth the time..

No hotfix, I just did some argent dailies with an alt last night, the same 1/2 the gold award

from last week's dev chat:

Blizzard Dev wrote:Will you allow players to fill their quest log with say, 25 dailies, and then turn them in right after Midnight on December 7th to get a quick boost towards 85? This is how it worked in the beta, but some players are confused on whether it will work on Live. Thanks!

Regarding 25 daily quests to turn in when the expansion goes live, this is something players have been able to do for the last 2 expansions and we aren't talking about changing it now.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:01 am

djlar wrote:I can almost bet the dailies won't give any experience when Cata hits...

Why would the remove quests for level 78s? (you need to be 80 to get into Cataclysm zones and AT quests unlock at 78.)
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby djlar » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:22 am

Yes, there are "yellow" exclamation marks at 78 for AT, and another 100 unique quests in Icecrown alone.. don't think those are going to be affected, I meant the "blue" exclamation quests..

Let's see when 4.0.3a hits tomorrow, if they still giving 7g.

Anyone has a 78 doing those dailies? will be interesting too see how much XP they give..
djlar

Postby Flex » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:25 am

djlar wrote:Yes, there are "yellow" exclamation marks at 78 for AT, and another 100 unique quests in Icecrown alone.. don't think those are going to be affected, I meant the "blue" exclamation quests..

Anyone has a 78 doing those dailies? will be interesting too see how much XP they give..

Those Blue ! granted the same XP as regular quests.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Chunes » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:40 am

Some blog I have rss'ed was guessing that if you struck a good balance between density of quest hubs and highest rewarding quests (i.e. not filling your log with the 25 highest xp quests because they may be located very far apart), that the estimated total xp reward would be between 25% and 30% of the level.

This was working on the assumption that you were using the argent tourney quests, skybreaker quests and a handfull of wintergrasp quests. Nothing that required more than a zone's worth of travel.
Chunes

Postby rodos » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:25 pm

According to wowhead, most of the lvl 80 dailies award 22050 XP. There are a few quests that award more. They are:

33100 XP - All Things in Good Time (AK Timer), No Rest for the Wicked (IC group), and Neutralizing the Plague (IC group)
27550 XP - Thrusting Hodir's Spear, Putting the Hertz (IC bombing run)

Of those, the AK timer is too far out of the way, Putting the Hertz phases you out as long as it's in your log, so it's impractical, and Neutralizing the Plague actually requires 5 people due to silly mechanics.

My plan then is to sit on full set of Hodir dailies, and log out in their base. Log in there, turn in (6), port to Tournament with the tabard, turn in a full set there (+9 = 15), then fly to the Skybreaker and Shadow Vault to turn in the remaining 10. Hearth back to the old world and get stuck in.

To those worried that the LK dailies have been nerfed, have you actually checked how much gold is going into your bags? What I noticed was that the NPC dialogue windows were showing the base gold amount, without the XP-to-gold conversion, but that the amount shown in the quest log was the full amount.
rodos

Postby Belloc » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:27 pm

djlar wrote:Yes, there are "yellow" exclamation marks at 78 for AT, and another 100 unique quests in Icecrown alone.. don't think those are going to be affected, I meant the "blue" exclamation quests..

Blue post has stated that the daily gold rewards were hotfixed.
Belloc

Postby Kelaan » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:47 pm

rodos wrote:Neutralizing the Plague actually requires 5 people due to silly mechanics.

I duo'ed it last night with my friend. Feral druid + prot paladin, didn't need a healer. Just wait until it says "the process starts to fail" (or something like that), and use the potion. You'll need to alternate, but have plenty of time, and are in no danger. I took nearly no damage, and tended to have 5-10 seconds between each wave for casting heals. Viola, 33k in my quest log.

I'm amused that one of the perks of being a non-Loremaster is being able to get lots of 27k, 31k, and 33k quest-chain-endings loaded up in my quest log. I'm totally OK with flying from Icecrown to Zul'Drak to turn in Betrayal, for example, if it means an extra 10k experience. Now, if I can only get the quest done to kill Halion, as that's apparently marked as worth 50k experience. O_O

How much XP do we need to level to 81, anyways?
Last edited by Kelaan on Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kelaan

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:48 pm

rodos wrote:My plan then is to sit on full set of Hodir dailies, and log out in their base. Log in there, turn in (6), port to Tournament with the tabard, turn in a full set there (+9 = 15), then fly to the Skybreaker and Shadow Vault to turn in the remaining 10. Hearth back to the old world and get stuck in.

Awesome. Thanks very much for that, I'll plan to do the same thing. I like how they're all relatively close to one another.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby d503 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:49 pm

Chunes wrote:Some blog I have rss'ed was guessing that if you struck a good balance between density of quest hubs and highest rewarding quests (i.e. not filling your log with the 25 highest xp quests because they may be located very far apart), that the estimated total xp reward would be between 25% and 30% of the level.

This was working on the assumption that you were using the argent tourney quests, skybreaker quests and a handfull of wintergrasp quests. Nothing that required more than a zone's worth of travel.

My daily plan included:
- Crusader-level Tournament dailies
- Orgrim's Hammer Dailies
- Hodir Exalted Dailies

That got me to 25 pretty quickly.

Here's the EXP curve to 85:

Code: Select all
80-81 1,686,300
81-82 2,121,500
82-83 4,004,000
83-84 5,203,400
84-85 6,546,500

So, if you average out conservatively that you're doing 25 quests at 22,050 a pop (yes, I know some are more, but it's not worth the research ;P), then you're looking at getting 551,250 toward level 81, which is 32.6%.

It'll be a little bit more considering the few quests that provide more than the above.

But yeah...pre'good start.
d503

Postby d503 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:26 am

Interesting note from Kalgan on MMO-Champion interview:

The experience changes for 71-80, are those the only you've made recently?
TC: No, we actually did increase the experience required for 84-85 from what it was at in beta. That one was a little bit too short. Other than that, yeah everything else is staying the same. At least for now.

Shouldn't add more than an hour or two, depending on how much they increase it.
d503

Previous

Return to General