Argent Tournament Daily Quest Gold Nerf

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Argent Tournament Daily Quest Gold Nerf

Postby Dianora » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:09 am

My current method of making money is to do all of the Argent Tournament dailies. Didn't have time to do them on Tuesday when 4.0.1 dropped. It turns out that the 4 quest that also reward Argent purse have had their gold reward drop from 13g to 2g. The purse still drop 10g but now is guarantee to reward you Champion's Mark. The other dailies also have their gold reward drop somewhat. My daily intake from a single toon went from 190g to about 100g. The additional 4 Champion Mark may make up for it.

I'm pretty sure this is to discourage people from loading up on daily quest on 4.0.3a and turn them all in to get a jump start on leveling.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Re: Argent Tournament Daily Quest Gold Nerf

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:13 am

Hmmm so if the gold drops, that means the XP drops too?

Have to admit, I was planning on doing this myself. (Loading up 25 dailies in my quest log the night before Cataclysm release.)

That being said... I've been hating doing these dailies for the mounts (missing two or three I think) and them adding a mark as a guaranteed drop to those gold bags may give me a bit more incentive to actually do them again.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:35 am

Tsk tsk, amateurs.

Faction changing basically completely resetted my quests done. I'm loading with 25 group quests :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:43 am

Worldie wrote:Tsk tsk, amateurs.

Faction changing basically completely resetted my quests done. I'm loading with 25 group quests :)

:O
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Palisade » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:48 am

Worldie wrote:Tsk tsk, amateurs.

Gasp! Worldie is alliance now?!

And double gasp! You paid for leveling! :p :lol:
Palisade

Postby fudomyou » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:58 am

Has this change affected anything other than the 4 purse-reward dailies? I have 25 dailies sitting complete in my log, and only 4 of them have their gold reduced (I think)
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:08 am

Palisade wrote:Gasp! Worldie is alliance now?!

Been Alliance for half a year now, was Human but i fell in love with Draeneis <3
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Belloc » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:31 am

These changes are affecting all quests, not just the Argent Tournament dailies. I'm guessing this is a repeat of the bug back in classic (I think) where as soon as 2.0 hit, all quests started showing the gold rewards as if we were no longer max level (and, thus, gaining xp from the quests). Of course, that was simply a display error whereas these quests are actually giving the displayed amount.

I'm hoping that, once cata hits, the gold rewards from these quests will remain the same and we'll still get full XP values from them.
Belloc

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:34 am

I loaded up my quest log last week, and am still showing 13g rewards, including the Argent Tourney dailies. Other people are reporting 7g on assignment, however.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Palisade » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:03 am

Worldie wrote:
Palisade wrote:Gasp! Worldie is alliance now?!

Been Alliance for half a year now, was Human but i fell in love with Draeneis <3

lol

I <3 space goats too :lol:
Palisade

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:37 am

I was getting 13g reward from quests I turned in on Tuesday, though they weren't tournament quests.

My first guess would have been they removed the XP from tournament dailies, and the gold drop is because that XP is no longer there to be converted. Guess too many people were planning to collect all the quests and turn in on the 7th.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Rothifer » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:56 am

I didn't notice a gold nerf but then I do have the addon Turn In so I never notice how much gold I get from quests.

The purse still drop 10g but now is guarantee to reward you Champion's Mark.

They have for awhile. Couldn't say when exactly the change went through but I have been getting a mark a bag since a month or so before the patch. I server and faction changed so I had to get mah achievables back and noticed I was getting a lot of marks per day. Working on the last faction to champion and I have bought 2 mounts so far.
Too much talking here and not enough tanking. Stop the bitching and get tanking.

Barathorn
Rothifer

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:28 pm

Rothifer wrote:I didn't notice a gold nerf but then I do have the addon Turn In so I never notice how much gold I get from quests.

/highfive

yeah this sounds like a repeat of the XP bug
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Belloc » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:53 pm

There's a blue post on the EU forums that acknowledges this as a bug.
Belloc

Postby Chunes » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:37 pm

Rothifer wrote:I didn't notice a gold nerf but then I do have the addon Turn In so I never notice how much gold I get from quests.

I have to say I'm a believer too. This little addon made my life really awesome leveling my DK recently.
Chunes

Next

Return to General