The Insane

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: The Insane

Postby Braundo » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:56 pm

Yes, that was the way you did it. Even that was still an ungodly pain in the ass, though, especially when it came to turning them in. (You had to drop a portable mailbox and pull one of each book out at a time, turn them in, get more, etc.)
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:05 am

It's been confirmed a million times that you don't need to have the reps simultaneously, but since it took months anyway and didn't change the grinding required, a lot of people still did them simultaneously.

Now that DM rep is out of the equation, you can attain the bloodsail+goblin portion of the requirements by killing Booty Bay guards until you're Honored with the pirates, and then killing pirates mindlessly until you're exalted with all the goblins. The tedium of key farming and libram turnins is completely gone.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby degre » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:33 am

Just tried last night as, after finally getting my Frenzyheart brew, I finished the rep to get the achievement and switch to oracles, once a rep is gained is accounted for even if lost, end of story.

Earned exalted:

Went to Altruis to change, pic taken before completing, 31 exalted reps:

Quest completed, change done:

Count is still the same:

SO i bet as PsiVen says must be the same for the Insane.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby rodos » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:28 pm

Huh. That's definitely a change with the Frenzyeheart/Oracles. I know I lost 1 exalted rep from the achievement when I switched.
rodos

Postby culhag » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:52 pm

rodos wrote:Huh. That's definitely a change with the Frenzyeheart/Oracles. I know I lost 1 exalted rep from the achievement when I switched.

Same here.
But what this also means is that now you can have both reputations for Exalted.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby rodos » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:26 pm

culhag wrote:
rodos wrote:Huh. That's definitely a change with the Frenzyeheart/Oracles. I know I lost 1 exalted rep from the achievement when I switched.

Same here.
But what this also means is that now you can have both reputations for Exalted.

I already have Exalted, so for me it's academic, but I wonder if this applies to the Aldor/Scryer pair too.
rodos

Postby Torquemada » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:17 pm

After about a year and a half of passively working on them when I wasn't raiding or leveling alts, I just got Everlook(My last goblin rep) back up to exalted via Kalimdor questing. I noticed doing the Mechanical Chicken quest in Ferelas that my Bloodsail rep took a hit. Currently, just have Darkmoon Faire remaining, which I will probably work on when I level the Warrior's inscription and make level 85 decks for sale.

Part of me is tempted to go back and grind out Exalted with Bloodsail when I'm completely done with the rest of my life, and go back and re-get Exalted with the goblin factions so that my self-hatred can be complete.
Torquemada

Previous

Return to General