The Insane

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

The Insane

Postby Corpsegrinder » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:50 pm

I don't remember where I saw this signature, but I saw a druid having the Insane title and it peaked my interest heavily. However, I was going to do it on my warrior since he's been my main since...since well pre-ToC. But now finding that Warrior's aggro has been nerfed to hell even on single targets. I have been leveling a new main, my druid, whome I've found is an aggro whore. So instead of getting the insnae title on my warrior (which I've yet to start) decided to do it on my new main. If anyone can tell me a great way to get it, I'd much appreciate it :)
Corpsegrinder

Re: The Insane

Postby Kuripari » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:08 am

There's not really any "great" ways to pull the insane off.

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=2336

The first post there pretty much outlines it.. on the positive side, you don't need to be exalted with shen'dralar any more :D
Kuripari - Skywall US Horde
Kuripari

Postby Corpsegrinder » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:18 am

That's...actually a good thing, one less faction I have to get exaulted with. soon as I hit 80...I'm gonna start doin all the goblin quests till I get exaulted, then get me a willing guildy to heal me up while I start murdering goblins, hopefully..one's a blood sail admeril :) Ty very much
Corpsegrinder

Postby Corpsegrinder » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:22 am

Question is...where to start off first...I wanna say either everlook or Tanaris, since they offer the least ammount of quests, imo.
Corpsegrinder

Postby Zonzede » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:52 am

Corpsegrinder wrote:That's...actually a good thing, one less faction I have to get exaulted with. soon as I hit 80...I'm gonna start doin all the goblin quests till I get exaulted, then get me a willing guildy to heal me up while I start murdering goblins, hopefully..one's a blood sail admeril :) Ty very much

Kill Goblins first, IMO. Well, feel free to do the Booty Bay quests while leveling, as completing those will damage Bloodsail reputation.

Point being, if you trash your Goblin rep, then repair it either in Dire Maul or by killing Southsea/Wastewater Pirates, you can use those quests as another way to restore reputation without trashing the Bloodsail.

Having Bloodsail Admiral myself, I have to say being banned form Goblin cities is more inconvenient than you think.
Zonzede

Postby Zalaria » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:12 am

Corpsegrinder wrote:That's...actually a good thing, one less faction I have to get exaulted with. soon as I hit 80...I'm gonna start doin all the goblin quests till I get exaulted, then get me a willing guildy to heal me up while I start murdering goblins, hopefully..one's a blood sail admeril :) Ty very much

Don't do goblins first! The achievement requires all of those reps simultaneously, which means that grinding goblins up first is a waste since the only way to get pirate rep is to slaughter goblins!

If you want to do this, I would start with Ravenholdt. They are off in their own world, and getting their rep is challenging enough that you can see if you're up to it. Slaughter Syndicates until you're 1 point from revered, then use a rogue* to get 1400 heavy junkboxes to get yourself to exalted.

* You have a rogue alt, right? If not, get ready to pony up a lot of cash.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Goins2754 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:36 am

How does the change affect this achievement? Is it much easier?
Goins2754

Postby Teranoid » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:11 am

Its arguably nowhere near as costly now that Shendrelar rep is gone from it. The PBD's were what hampered a lot of people just due to the price and sheer number of them you needed. Now really the hardest part is getting Darkmoon exalted unless you don't have a rogue to get the 1400 junkboxes you need.

I'm actually going to try and go for this in the coming few weeks if anything because I have nothing better to do with my time :P
Teranoid

Postby Zobel » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:51 pm

Corpsegrinder wrote:I don't remember where I saw this signature, but I saw a druid having the Insane title and it peaked my interest heavily. However, I was going to do it on my warrior since he's been my main since...since well pre-ToC. But now finding that Warrior's aggro has been nerfed to hell even on single targets. I have been leveling a new main, my druid, whome I've found is an aggro whore. So instead of getting the insnae title on my warrior (which I've yet to start) decided to do it on my new main. If anyone can tell me a great way to get it, I'd much appreciate it :)

This reads like: "I'm gonna reach the gold cap. soon as I hit 80, I already have fifty gold I know I can do it. cna ne1 tell me what I shud sell?"
Zobel

Postby rodos » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:46 pm

Yeah. The Bloodsail rep is by far the quickest and easiest part.

I have Bloodsail revered and 2 goblins to Exalted (Ratchet, Gadget) from DM North quests and pirate slaughter. I'm already very sick of grinding goblin rep and it's taken me weeks, compared to just a couple of nights for the Bloodsail rep.

I can't even contemplate what it's going to take to get Darkmoon rep, and I left my rogue on my old server, so it's either $25 or a lot of leveling or a lot of gold to get junkboxes.
rodos

Postby Passionario » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:17 am

Zalaria wrote:Don't do goblins first! The achievement requires all of those reps simultaneously, which means that grinding goblins up first is a waste since the only way to get pirate rep is to slaughter goblins!

AFAIK, only the PTR version required you to have those reputations simultaneously. On live, you can get a reputation to the required level, trash it later, and it will still count.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Zalaria » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:20 am

Passionario wrote:
Zalaria wrote:Don't do goblins first! The achievement requires all of those reps simultaneously, which means that grinding goblins up first is a waste since the only way to get pirate rep is to slaughter goblins!

AFAIK, only the PTR version required you to have those reputations simultaneously. On live, you can get a reputation to the required level, trash it later, and it will still count.

Hm.
The only info I could find on this was the video from the PTR, and references to it on Wowhead and WoWWiki. But given that the 40 Reputations achievement (and all previous ones) require them to be simultaneous, I wouldn't risk it. Getting the goblins back without trashing the pirates is no harder than any of the other reps you have to get, but there's no way to get pirates without trashing the goblins.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby degre » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:03 am

If I remember right, the only achievements not requiring simoultaneous reputations are the ones where the the triggers are other achievements, but where the reputations are requested you need to have it all together.

A couple of examples to better express my point:

Mercenary of Sholazar has for requirements the achievements for the 2 exalted reputations, hence you trigger the achievements once the two related achievements are triggered, this is done as obviously you cannot have both reputations to exhalted at the same time.

5 exalted reputations or anything similar, like Insane in the membrane, do require instead the reputation and don't rely on another achievements, which means that the requirements must be fulfilled alltogether at the same time in order to unlock it.
This has been confirmed by observers who noticed that in the tracker, by loosing a reputation, the number was indeed stepping down.

I have no way to personally confirm this myself in this moment as I really cant be arsed to dump any rep to farm it again, but seems logical and I honestly trusts the reports on this matter.
I could confirm it later, once I finally get my Frenzyheart brew and I switch to Oracles, but god only knows when that's going to happen... might be in 3 days like in 3 months...
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby Braundo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:40 am

I got relatively close to finishing this on my Mage, I only really had Shen'dralar and Darkmoon left to go. I think Shen'dralar was by far the most aggravating part of the grind, due to the fact that you needed librams (that are unique), PBDs, shards, and one of three different types of BoP items depending on what type of libram you had. Removing Shen'dralar will make this a lot easier, but I still don't really have the motivation to start this over on my Paladin, so eh.

Some easy tips:

1. Do Bloodsail first, as leveling Bloodsail (at least pre-Cataclysm) will necessarily tank your Goblin rep to Hated. Raise Goblin rep after that.
2. You need some sort of access to a Rogue for your supply of Ravenholdt junkboxes.
3. Since the Darkmoon cards are now BoE, consider hanging around the turn-in NPCs and offer people X gold to turn in their decks for them to receive the rep. You might not get many takers if you don't have a good reputation, though, obviously.

I'm not sure if this has been changed, but as of a few patches ago, a few players players tested and seemed to confirm that you needed to have all of the reputations simultaneously, despite a Blue post that stated the contrary.
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby majiben » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:45 pm

Might be too late now, but I heard that if you mail the librams you can have as many as you want in your mail box and take them out when you need them.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Next

Return to General