Remove Advertisements

Trying to figure out what class for 2nd healer

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Trying to figure out what class for 2nd healer

Postby Shathus » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:32 pm

We're trying to finalize our 10 man raid group for the expansion, and we just need another healer. Currently we have

Tanks
Pally (holy off-spec)
Bear (resto off-spec)

Melee
Rogue
Ret pally (not sure off-spec)

Ranged
Hunter
Ele shaman (resto off-spec)
Warlock (afflication)
Warlock (destro/demo)

Healers
Holy priest (shadow off-spec)
???

The shaman is the 3rd/swing healer and does so currently. Trying to figure out what class would give us a well-rounded healing crew. Originally had a Holy Paladin who was going to go with us, but I haven't heard from him in weeks. Preferably someone who is a tank healer. I know bring the player, not the class, etc. But what would you go for in this situation? I was thinking druid/pally since we don't have anyone using SP leather or plate for a mainspec.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Re: Trying to figure out what class for 2nd healer

Postby Koatanga » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:22 pm

Druid would be preferable for the brez, and the lovely hots.

Shaman is a nice choice for the swing position, since Elemental DPS is through the roof at the moment, and Shaman healing is well suited to the fights that currently need a 3rd healer.
Koatanga, Capnhammer, Shapely, Sultry, Boondoggle, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Shathus » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:26 pm

Koatanga wrote:Druid would be preferable for the brez, and the lovely hots.

Shaman is a nice choice for the swing position, since Elemental DPS is through the roof at the moment, and Shaman healing is well suited to the fights that currently need a 3rd healer.

Yah, but we have the druid tank for one (pending situations when he's not actively tanking), plus with 2 warlocks, that's 2 soulstones, and we'll only be able to use 1 of the 3 per fight anyways. Though my other thought for the druid was if we can get one with a boomkin OS, it would be helpful for fights when we have to juggle healers around, etc and ranged tends to be better than melee to have more of.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Koatanga » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:01 pm

Well, if you are just looking for big heals, then a shaman or Paladin is the way to go, but I figured you would reply "but we already have a shaman we can get to heal".

I figured there are more fights that need 3 healers than need 1 tank. If I was arranging things I would have a full-time druid healer and get the OT to go either feral or balance DPS.
Koatanga, Capnhammer, Shapely, Sultry, Boondoggle, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:22 pm

Rogue heals.... srsly, it's OP! I had a bandage spec Rogue all through TBC that could even dps while dead!
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Pizbit » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:25 pm

Instantly thought shaman but you have that as swing, so I'd go druid.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Passionario » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:53 am

Disc Priest?
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Amirya » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:13 am

Disc priest or holy paladin, or resto druid.

Effloresence is loverly on tanks that don't need to move, such as Saurfang or Festergut, om nom nom.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Palisade » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:11 am

I would personally suggest a holy priest or a resto druid, but I'm also biased on that front. As a tank, I've always preferred to be healed by one of those two types. My former raiding healer toon was a shaman, which I feel are now broken for healing. As mentioned in another thread, I am working on leveling a resto druid for future raiding.
Palisade

Postby Aanar » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:39 am

Could you elaborate on what you feel is broken with shaman healing at the moment? Just curious. I have one that's 76 and so far random dungeons have been easier to heal than I remember starting out with my holy paladin. Earth shield and riptide give a nice buffer on the tank. Only annoying part I've had is when you have three range dps all spread out so chain heal is only going to hit you and whoever you stand next to.
Aanar

Postby Pizbit » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:54 am

Palisade wrote:I would personally suggest a holy priest or a resto druid, but I'm also biased on that front. As a tank, I've always preferred to be healed by one of those two types. My former raiding healer toon was a shaman, which I feel are now broken for healing. As mentioned in another thread, I am working on leveling a resto druid for future raiding.

o_O broken? Feels exactly the same as before.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Shathus » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:01 am

Pizbit wrote:o_O broken? Feels exactly the same as before.

I thought Shaman healing in Wrath was the closest (of the 4) to the Cata healing model they wanted to implement. This would make sense to me.

I think I'm gonna go with 1st choice druid healer, but will take a pally if a good one comes along.

Any takers? :) US East Coast guild (pve)
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby kennywu » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:30 am

Unless the hunter is BM spec with a corehound pet, I'd seriously consider a Resto Shamman for the Heroism.

Edit: NVM, put on my glasses and saw the ele shamman in your group.
kennywu

Postby Palisade » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:10 am

For the shaman healing, maybe it's just me. But I've seen others post on the official forums about their complaints as well. It just doesn't feel as smooth to me. There is definitely not the same scale or potency to it either.

Mana is still not a problem, but I feel as if the resto shaman doesn't have the same healing power as before.
Palisade

Postby Phonic » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:19 am

Pally and Druids are pretty ahead of Shaman and Priests in almost all areas. They're still doing some numbers tweaking (lots of priest spells just got a 20% base buff).

So get a tree!
Phonic

Next

Return to General