After HLK...

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

After HLK...

Postby Nemi » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:05 am

So we recently downed HLK 10, as a 10m strict guild... We said F ICC we still havent had XYZ drop (tank neck ... seriously? not once?) And are debating awesome things to do with our time.

So far the suggestions have been work on getting 219 gear together for Herald of the Titans, that fight should be insane in that gear. Algalon hits like a truck load of trucks filled with bricks.

What are you all doing with your short time before cata comes out?
Nemi

Re: After HLK...

Postby bldavis » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:09 am

getting my 67 disc/shapow priest and my 75 feral/feral druid to 80

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby culhag » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:16 am

Nemi wrote:So far the suggestions have been work on getting 219 gear together for Herald of the Titans, that fight should be insane in that gear. Algalon hits like a truck load of trucks filled with bricks.

What are you all doing with your short time before cata comes out?

We're doing just that : preparing for Herald of the Titans and Argent Defender.

FYI for Herald you can wear anything 226 and lower, 232 for the weapon and off-hand, since that's what drops in Heroic 10-man Ulduar.
For Defender its a bit more complicated. You can year any 245 item as long as it was accessible to a 10-man raider. So BoP from ToC 25 are out, but BoE and crafts are okay.

Other than that we're doing all the silly achievements in Ulduar.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:17 am

Finished my Herald set tonight. Hoping to join my guild as we sell Herald for about 60k :P

And hoping that we get another buyer for Bane this week... made 7.5k last week from selling bane and the ToGC-10 mount.

So, yeah, start selling your services or getting old achievements. Tribute to Dedicated Insanity is insanely easy, even in the required gear.

and to the above poster: Also note that Onyxia head quest rewards are not allowed, even though you can get them from Onyxia-10.
Belloc

Postby masterpoobaa » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:14 pm

Hogger.
Roll some level 1's, and go kill hogger.
No Level 2's or greater allowed!
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby bldavis » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:35 pm

masterpoobaa wrote:Hogger.
Roll some level 1's, and go kill hogger.
No Level 2's or greater allowed!

only if its a gnome raid and you are all naked with just your weapons equiped! (no heirlooms or upgraded vendor items allowed!)

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Chicken » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:21 pm

Get a full set of blue gear from heroics for all your raiders, and see how much raid content you can clear in that gear!
Chicken

Postby Belloc » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:23 pm

Chicken wrote:Get a full set of blue gear from heroics for all your raiders, and see how much raid content you can clear in that gear!

I can just see the tanks getting wrecked due to the armor changes.
Belloc

Postby bldavis » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:27 pm

Belloc wrote:
Chicken wrote:Get a full set of blue gear from heroics for all your raiders, and see how much raid content you can clear in that gear!

there was a guild in the EU servers that did this
only ilvl200(blue) gear and under allowed, and only enchants that dont require abyss crystals
they got through T8, not sure baout T9 though

bldavis

Postby Bastien » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:30 pm

bldavis wrote:
Belloc wrote:

only ilvl200(blue) gear and under allowed, and only enchants that dont require abyss crystals

If you're talking about the GreedyGoblin guy and the guild he started, they managed to make it into ICC. I don't think they downed all the bosses in ToC, but I think they made a fair stab.

Sadly the guild fizzled.
ImageImage
Bastien

Postby Belloc » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:22 pm

bldavis wrote:
Belloc wrote:

That was before the armor formula change in 4.0.1 :P
Belloc

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:21 pm

Interesting thing about the armor change.
While my Belfadin was level 79 in primarily T6 she had some 18k armor - or 55% damage resistance.

Now compare that with my current ICC25 geared Draenei tank. Same buffs, but far far superior gear.
Armor is 25k ish (if i recall correctly) giving 65% damage reduction.

Only a 10% difference.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby fudomyou » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:29 am

masterpoobaa wrote:Interesting thing about the armor change.
While my Belfadin was level 79 in primarily T6 she had some 18k armor - or 55% damage resistance.

Now compare that with my current ICC25 geared Draenei tank. Same buffs, but far far superior gear.

Only a 10% difference.

There are a number of threads that show that while reduction from armor scales on a decreasing scale, each point of armor retains the same relative value as the previous point of armor. I don't have them handy right now, unfortunately, but some napkin math illustrates the point.

Let's say the LK hits for 100,000 per auto-swing. Your lowbie tank cuts 55% from that - it's actually less at level 79, but that's beside the point - and takes 45,000 damage per swing. Your highbie tank cuts 65% from that and takes 35,000 damage per swing. Stepping back, that's only a 10% difference from the 100,000 for your 25k armor, but the tangible gain is closer to 22% due to the real comparison being from 45,000 to 35,000.

I may have gotten the minor details wrong, but that's what I was taught and how I understand it. :)
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Noradin » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:18 am

masterpoobaa wrote:Interesting thing about the armor change.

Only a 10% difference.

My Shadowpriest has 51% damage reduction via armour. (Using Inner Fire, but still, thats a flat multiplier, you include those of tanks as well.)
Maybe thats why they increased the repair costs, because there is almost no difference in armour reduction anymore :/
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby warden » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:40 am

Belloc wrote:Finished my Herald set tonight. Hoping to join my guild as we sell Herald for about 60k :P

And hoping that we get another buyer for Bane this week... made 7.5k last week from selling bane and the ToGC-10 mount.

So, yeah, start selling your services or getting old achievements. Tribute to Dedicated Insanity is insanely easy, even in the required gear.

and to the above poster: Also note that Onyxia head quest rewards are not allowed, even though you can get them from Onyxia-10.

Please tell me you typoed this; We've been selling bane for 30-50k (per buyer, two buyers per run), and we're actually jacking UP the price next week because its so close to Cata.

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to General