Remove Advertisements

Best Dungeon for Gold Grinding

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Best Dungeon for Gold Grinding

Postby Esilence » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:22 pm

Sabindeus wrote:Think he's doable with just 264 gear?

Soloable with much less than 264, only 264's I have are badge cloak and trinket, wrathful weapon and shield, rest is 2piece t10, some 232's, 226, and even still 219 legs. (this is just my alt so gearing is very lazy, boots are normally the 226 crafted ones, im just missing PoJ too much so use my frost ones with tuskars for moving about)
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=Esilence

Was a bit of pain to get it down, as your more reliant on RNG, ended up needing to use Seal of Truth to get the dps to get it done (current gear you basically get him as he enrages, had a painful wipe at 40k hp left to his enrage :/)
Spam WoG every single time you have 1 point, and try to use AS as often as possible (with focused shield) for dps. DP when you drop below 75% ish, and AD when you get below 30% ish, dont be afraid to LoH to avoid healing to get more dps out, though bubble heal is a no as I found the loss in dps time meant I would reach the enrage.

Last 2 weeks Ive just not bothered soloing though andtaken in my main (resto shammy) on a 2nd account and used it to do some basic dps while keeping earth shield up, WoG healing holds agro on adds, and the small amount of extra dps just makes the fight go a lot smoother (plus I still get all the cash :)) It's nice to know you can solo, but when your gear is so borderline on enrage, its just not worth the extra hassle :)
Eteyin - Resto Shaman
Esilence - Prot Pally
EU-Wildhammer
Esilence

Postby Sabindeus » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:12 pm

masterpoobaa wrote:I managed to solo MAG's on the weekend.
Dunno bout you guys but i found it very hard on the healing.
Spamming WoG on every cool down at some points, and chaining my defensive cooldowns.
That was in full i264 prot gear.
Incoming damage was very significant - maybe im missing something?

yeah same, I only got to hit ShotR on a few EG procs. I in fact could not do it without PotI, had to go respec for it.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Zonzede » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:55 pm

Sabindeus wrote:yeah same, I only got to hit ShotR on a few EG procs. I in fact could not do it without PotI, had to go respec for it.

Oops... Forgot to mention protector of the innocent >.>

Yeah, you're going to get pounded. That's not unusual at all.

Still, I find myself using ShoR a fair bit more than you describe; I would guess I dedicate between a third and a half of my 3HP casts to it. I should run some logs for exact numbers. I'm sporting about a 12% spell crit chance using my random Ret items, maybe the occasional extra healing is the difference?
Zonzede

Postby Palisade » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:37 pm

I went and tried this myself this weekend. I got pretty much squashed. The death coil fears were tearing me up.

Here's my armory link. My average iLvl is only 231, though I'm currently geared for the most stamina I can get.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... /palisade/
Palisade

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:56 pm

Zonzede wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:yeah same, I only got to hit ShotR on a few EG procs. I in fact could not do it without PotI, had to go respec for it.

Oops... Forgot to mention protector of the innocent >.>

Yeah, you're going to get pounded. That's not unusual at all.

Still, I find myself using ShoR a fair bit more than you describe; I would guess I dedicate between a third and a half of my 3HP casts to it. I should run some logs for exact numbers. I'm sporting about a 12% spell crit chance using my random Ret items, maybe the occasional extra healing is the difference?

maybe? I had in 2 pieces of ret gear for the T10 2pc set bonus.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:27 pm

Next time im gonna bring a heals/dps with me - just for my sanity.
I think the most annoying thing was getting rid of all the add packs before hand.
Feer-feer-feer-feer-feer-FFSSTOPIT-feer-^&*$%$#&-feer.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Teranoid » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:38 pm

Yeah I tried it solo last night.. after about the 900th death coil I said screw it and brought my brother with me. I have no problem with 242 gold for 7-8 minutes of my time.
Teranoid

Postby theckhd » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:29 pm

You're supposed to clear all of the trash first. If you do, the channelers won't cast Death Coil on you.

If you don't clear all of the trash, they will, which makes killing mags damn near impossible.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:38 pm

Yes.
I probably didnt make it clear. Clearing all the trash is annoying, but essential.
When pulling the trash packs, make sure you tank them well away from other packs - and the pats. Nothing worse than trying to fight 6 channelers at once - chain feered to death.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:10 pm

Well to be more precise, pulling Mag while trash is up aggros the trash, so they will then cast Death Coil and stuff on you.
Sabindeus

Postby theckhd » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:45 pm

Sabindeus wrote:Well to be more precise, pulling Mag while trash is up aggros the trash, so they will then cast Death Coil and stuff on you.

Oh, is that how it works? I've never tried it without clearing everything, I was going off of what I remembered from the T10 forum thread. Which apparently has been whittled away to "trash = death coil" with no supporting details. :oops:
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:54 pm

Many people seem suprised that you can solo Mags. The comment that comes up most often is
"Don't you need people to click the cubes?"

Here are my Mags attempts.

Attempt 1: Only Cleared half the trash or less. Got chain feared to death very quickly even before Mags became live as all the adds aggro'ed. Very nasty.

Attempt 2: Cleared all trash. Tried to kill at least 1 of the channelers in Mags chamber, but was unable to due to heals. Was getting the hang of tanking adds and mags at the same time - trying to work out ways to reduce damage. Got "bounced" into the corner by his earthquake effect when suddenly he despawned on me.

Attempt 3: Didn't bother trying to kill any of the adds, just went straight for Mags. Was able to use Seal of Truth most of the time, and depending on the time got off a few SotR's.
Lots of damage every minute when he did his blast nova.
Got close to death a number of times. Gift of the Naruu and LoH was used toward the end.
Was pretty intense. Got him down though. Nice 400g reward!

According to wow head, you have 22 minutes to get mags down. And the first 2 he is undamageable. So 3,372,866 hp in 20 mins (1200 sec).
Which is an absolute minimum DPS of 2810.

In i264 gear I do around 3.5-ish without Vengeance. (very rough guess)
And given the damage i was taking, i had a full stack of Vengeance, so my dps was far higher.
masterpoobaa

Postby Palisade » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:27 am

I think I see my mistake then. I left one of the trash groups up, figuring they were out of my way and wouldn't be an issue. They must have pulled with Mags, which is where the fear came from.

I had thought it was weird to be getting feared, as I didn't remember that happening when I tanked him back in BC.

Also, I had brought along a friend, a 72 resto / enhance shaman. She healed me through the trash, which was a breeze. But she kept dying with the hellfire elemental mobs (or whatever they're called.) They'd aggro on her as soon as they spawned.

Hm, now that I think about it, I should've ran with Ret aura instead of devo.

I wasn't getting hit that hard, but the fear was kicking my tail.
Palisade

Postby masterpoobaa » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:06 pm

Yeah Palisade. Kill all the trash packs beforehand, and your feer problems go away.
Only thing to really worry about are the earthquakes tossing you about.
masterpoobaa

Postby eia » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:07 am

Tried this last night with a holy friend of mine, was really easy, even though it took a while for us to get it done. Great suggestion. :)
"It takes two to cuddle."
eia

PreviousNext

Return to General