Remove Advertisements

Best Dungeon for Gold Grinding

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Best Dungeon for Gold Grinding

Postby Palisade » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:33 am

You wouldn't need a huge threat lead on the adds. Just enough to get their immediate attention. Self healing will keep their attention away from the dps, but should give said dps enough room to blast it away.
Palisade

Postby fudomyou » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:03 pm

Did this last night with 3: me, DK, shadow priest. The DK was mainly there for Death Grip, which was super useful but not 100% necessary.

Sweet.
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Zonzede » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:40 pm

Magnusharkov wrote:Mag is soloable as prot spec with decent gear. I do it in full ret gear and a self healing prot spec. There's no point trying to kill the adds, just let them hit you.

Exactly this.
I solo him weekly now; I get 550-600g each time, depending on if I get good drops. Plus the price of gems you get out of the sack.
Protector of the Innocent spec, glyph Focused Shield, Seal of Insight, Shield of Righteousness. Run Seal of Insight and heal as necessary, ignoring the adds.

I wonder how long we'll get to hit this before they slash the money he carries, like they did with Onyxia and the entirety of ZG.
Zonzede

Postby Adryl » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:59 pm

Palisade wrote:
Goins2754 wrote:I don't know how it works exactly, but if you run four people through Stocks and they give you all of the cloth, somehow that sells for a ton of gold. Additionally, you get a really decent amount of gold/hour because you have so many people looting and you can kill the mobs so easily.

Credit Hobbs for figuring this out. You can find his video on the specifics on YouTube.

I did this for a while. The wool sells for 5 to 10g a stack on my server. Maybe takes 10 minutes to clear the whole instance at 80

plus as a tailor you get more cloth drops no?
Adryl

Postby Amirya » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:21 pm

Only for Frostweave. Far as I can tell, it doesn't apply retroactively to Vanilla and BC mobs.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Zonzede wrote:Exactly this.
I solo him weekly now

Can you please provide more info?
My pally's got i264 tanking gear. That should be ok yes? dont need to put ret gear on for more dps?
Any strats for where to tank him and how?
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Midoriko » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:44 am

I also solo him every week, using a mix of ilvl 277 tank gear, 2pc 264 ilvl ret tier, DPS trinkets and 5 more pieces of DPS gear and a WoG spec. Most of the healing i do comes from Seal of Insight, not WoG and i use my HoPos on SotR most of the time. You should be able to survive in ilvl264 tank gear without any difficulty.

You probably wont need any ret gear to make it before enrage because with 5xchannelers, magtheridon and burning infernals hitting you, your vengance will be stacked nearly fully most of the time. Use your defensive cooldowns oftenly to need less healing. This way, you can increase your dps by hitting more SotRs.

Tank him at a corner so that you dont get bounced around by the quake. Moving around usually causes the boss to despawn. I use the corner thats betweem two cubes which are at the opposite side of the entrance and quakes don't move me even an inch.
Midoriko

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:09 am

Think he's doable with just 264 gear?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Discus » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:11 am

I wonder how long we'll get to hit this before they slash the money he carries, like they did with Onyxia and the entirety of ZG.

It's usually within a month of appearing on here, so I'd guess before next expansion. Better hurry! Thanks for the tips all.

Just on a general pointless QQ though - why can't tanking classes get a nice little earner in tanking old bosses for gold? As a casual player in a tiny guild I get to see game content I missed at the correct level and the weekly raid timer means I can't make imbalanced amounts of Gold.
Discus

Postby Korola » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:49 pm

Discus wrote:Just on a general pointless QQ though - why can't tanking classes get a nice little earner in tanking old bosses for gold? As a casual player in a tiny guild I get to see game content I missed at the correct level and the weekly raid timer means I can't make imbalanced amounts of Gold.

You can thank -

Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby Adryl » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:08 pm

I used to just farm the piss out of Strat. Sell the cloth, sell the blues, auction the BoEs, and I'd normally get about 1 BoE epic per 4-5 runs.
Adryl

Postby Sarutankah » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:43 pm

I have been levelling a hunter so aint done too much farming lately but I would usually do Prophet Skeram and Satura in AQ40 + AQ20 (skip Buru and Ayamiss) ZG full clear, MC full clear, ZA full clear and kara up to chess every week.

I am not a great saver of cash but from about 300g when I came back to 9k a few weeks later it seems to be a nice casual way to grind some cash.

I have a selection of 60/70 Twinks on another account so I get the added bonus of having them pick up any good drops as well as having an automated 50% savings scheme lol... I think my twink 60dk has around 900g just from standing still in MC while I run around looting corehounds (honestly I never understood why you shouldn't until I started doing full clears... so annoying.)
Sarutankah

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:26 am

Sarutankah wrote:I have been levelling a hunter so aint done too much farming lately but I would usually do Prophet Skeram and Satura in AQ40 + AQ20 (skip Buru and Ayamiss) ZG full clear, MC full clear, ZA full clear and kara up to chess every week.

For some reason I can't get past Skeram, partially because of my latency (no insta-flash heals for ret anymore, and WoG is pretty meh once he splits.) Closest I've managed is with a holy spec, but again, when he splits, I just take far too much damage. My avg ilvl is 249 (according to char sheet, so not sure how that factors exactly between my prot/ret/holy sets.) If you check my armory, I should be in my prot spec/gear atm. Just not sure if it's enough. We've tried 3 manning it, but then the MC usually causes our death (pally/hunter/tree.) Any suggestions?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Zonzede » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:55 pm

Sabindeus wrote:Think he's doable with just 264 gear?

Yes. I do him in a 264 tank set with 2pc 251 t10 ret for the damage bonus.

Skye1013 wrote:For some reason I can't get past Skeram, partially because of my latency (no insta-flash heals for ret anymore, and WoG is pretty meh once he splits.) Closest I've managed is with a holy spec, but again, when he splits, I just take far too much damage. My avg ilvl is 249 (according to char sheet, so not sure how that factors exactly between my prot/ret/holy sets.) If you check my armory, I should be in my prot spec/gear atm. Just not sure if it's enough. We've tried 3 manning it, but then the MC usually causes our death (pally/hunter/tree.) Any suggestions?

Skerem is easier to solo then with a small group because of that bloody mind control.
I do him as prot, same gear as above. Glyph Divine Protection to take the bite out of his Earthshock spam during splits. Also Seal of Insight. When he splits, pick one of the copies (you can tell because they have a much smaller max health pool) pop DP and wings, and focus it, using WoG every opportunity. Once one goes, you should have no problem staying up. Don't push him to the next split until you have at least DP back up.
Rinse, repeat.

Sarutankah wrote:I have been levelling a hunter so aint done too much farming lately but I would usually do Prophet Skeram and Satura in AQ40 + AQ20 (skip Buru and Ayamiss) ZG full clear, MC full clear, ZA full clear and kara up to chess every week.

I am not a great saver of cash but from about 300g when I came back to 9k a few weeks later it seems to be a nice casual way to grind some cash.

I have a selection of 60/70 Twinks on another account so I get the added bonus of having them pick up any good drops as well as having an automated 50% savings scheme lol... I think my twink 60dk has around 900g just from standing still in MC while I run around looting corehounds (honestly I never understood why you shouldn't until I started doing full clears... so annoying.)

Why do you skip Buru? He's just about as easy as any of the rest, plus another pair of 10g skill books.
Have you tried Fankriss? He's actually the toughest solo of the bosses I've been successful on. I haven't hit him solo since 4.0.1, but I can't imagine he'd be harder now.

Oh, and for everybody. Familiarize yourself with your local enchanting market. I know on my server it's best to vendor the blues and epics, but DE all greens as the dust and essence all go exceptionally well, while shards and crystals are junk. You can squeeze quite a bit more gold out of Kara runs and whatnot.
Zonzede

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:21 pm

I managed to solo MAG's on the weekend.
Dunno bout you guys but i found it very hard on the healing.
Spamming WoG on every cool down at some points, and chaining my defensive cooldowns.
That was in full i264 prot gear.
Incoming damage was very significant - maybe im missing something?
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

PreviousNext

Return to General