Remove Advertisements

Best Dungeon for Gold Grinding

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Best Dungeon for Gold Grinding

Postby Zonzede » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:33 am

Well since it seems to be going well, try these places too. Most are soloable, but if you don't mind a 50/50 split, bring a dps friend.

Zul'Aman - 6 bosses at ~40g each, Malacrass being the most dangerous. Lots of weapon drops. Each trash mob yields 1-1.3g, and a chance at an Amani Hex Stick, which itself is a chance for another 10-15g. Each prisoner saved grants another item, plus several piles of gold worth ~6 each. This has become my second favourite after Mag.

Zul'Gurub - Not just for the mount bosses anymore. Bosses are ~40g each x9 (or 10 if you brew up some Mojo Madness). The main draw here is Bijous. Since there will be no way to gain Zandalar rep in cata, but it's not being removed, it's crunch time for people who want it. You can get a premium price (~25ea on my realm) for a large amount of these in the right circles. The Polymorph: Turtle book is gravy as well.

Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj - Six very quick and easy bosses worth 25-50 each, but the kicker is class books. These antiquated tomes serve no purpose now and are merely gray items, but they vendor for 10g each, and you get 2 per boss. Even Ayamiss is doable now with Judgment, Avenger's Shield, and Exorcism spam.
Scarabs and Idols don't go nearly as well as Coins and Bijous, but sometimes you can find people.

Gruul - I haven't been able to handle the Healing trash even with AS. I also think the Ogre Council would be a bitch. Not so much with help. Clean 250 split.

SSC - 2 manned Hydross, 3 manned the whole place minus Vashj. I think we can do her though. Each boss is 250, and the trash is fair, but it really takes time.
Tempest Keep - Haven't tried, but a phoenix mount is tempting, eh?

Temple of Ahn'Qiraj - Admittedly not all that profitable, but it's the only way to get certain profession patterns and Brood rep. Solo the first boss, but bring a friend for the rest. Even though it is soloable up to Emps, I don't suggest it. For best results, have your friend capable of healing themselves as well as dealing both physical and magic damage (DK, Enhancement, Druid), or capable of dealing Holy damage (Priest, Pally).
Just 2 manned the whole place last night excluding Viscidus. Is it possible to just brute force it without freezing? We didn't try.
Last edited by Zonzede on Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zonzede

Postby eia » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:50 am

Last I tried to do ZA you needed 4 ppl or something like that to open the door, or has that been changed?
"It takes two to cuddle."
eia

Postby Zonzede » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:52 am

eia wrote:Last I tried to do ZA you needed 4 ppl or something like that to open the door, or has that been changed?

That's been changed. Harrison Jones still yells for a group but he lies; one person can open the gates no problem.
Zonzede

Postby DC1033 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:08 am

Right now for my server runecloth prices are gaining with people hording it for their soon to be new toons in the expansion, so I have been going to ZG while it is still up and fishing each time twice a week. Polymorph: Turtle is going on my server AH right now for 2k-2500g each book so between that and mount farming certain instances selling the trash works for me.
When you need someone to control Amirya, just call for DC!!
DC1033

Previous

Return to General