Best Dungeon for Gold Grinding

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Best Dungeon for Gold Grinding

Postby Kraziness » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:41 am

I decided to pick up Flight Mastery the other day, which left me with about 10g on my main. Total account gold maybe 1K. I decided to hit up some outland heroics on my DK I had not yet done. After about 4 hours I had racked up about 500 gold. With selling the loot etc, I netted about 1200 gold in this little adventure. So I decided well time to go hit up some raids then. After ZG, MC, Kara and a few other Heroics in the time span of two days I am back up to about 5K. I auction housed alot of drops as well. I got to wondering if anyone had a clue on which heroic / non heroic that is soloable in outland that produces the best time to gold ratio? I am thinking Magisters Terrace could be pretty good. Any suggestions?
Dell can go F themsleves in the A
Kraziness

Re: Best Dungeon for Gold Grinding

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:43 am

From what I recall, you could do Ramparts in 10-15 minutes (possibly less now), and if you did that continuously it netted you about 500 gold per hour.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Brutalicus » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:50 am

I am a fan of farming every trash mob in MC (takes maybe 30-40 min?) and soft resetting and doing it again, with a fully cleared instance. When people buy those cores, they usually pay about 50g on Garona, so if you're lucky on drops you can make upwards of 500-750g just in the Geddon/Shazzrah room.

edit: sorry, that doesn't really answer your question, I kind of wish I knew now cause I'm poor.
Brutalicus, Garona (Horde) Tankadin
Brutalicus

Postby Palisade » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:39 am

If you don't have it yet, farming for Baron's mount can be worth your time. Especially if Runecloth sells well on your server
Palisade

Postby Goins2754 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:39 am

I don't know how it works exactly, but if you run four people through Stocks and they give you all of the cloth, somehow that sells for a ton of gold. Additionally, you get a really decent amount of gold/hour because you have so many people looting and you can kill the mobs so easily.

Credit Hobbs for figuring this out. You can find his video on the specifics on YouTube.
Goins2754

Postby Palisade » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:41 am

Goins2754 wrote:I don't know how it works exactly, but if you run four people through Stocks and they give you all of the cloth, somehow that sells for a ton of gold. Additionally, you get a really decent amount of gold/hour because you have so many people looting and you can kill the mobs so easily.

Credit Hobbs for figuring this out. You can find his video on the specifics on YouTube.

I did this for a while. The wool sells for 5 to 10g a stack on my server. Maybe takes 10 minutes to clear the whole instance at 80
Palisade

Postby Kiorken » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:32 pm

Holy biscuits, I was going to make this thread myself! I was going to try this. I HATE dailies, and I do Eng/Ench, so I can really only profit off of DE'ing stuff.

So a basic grind day should work like this:
-H Ramps
-H BF
-H MT
-Ramps
-Some BC raid, prolly Kara
-More Ramps...plural...until I asplod

Does this sound reasonable? What do you guys do?

Playing very casually....for now.
Kiorken

Postby amh » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:49 pm

Grab a caster hybrid and go 2man Magtheridon. 262ish gold (each) for 20 minutes effort.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Palisade » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:00 pm

amh wrote:Grab a caster hybrid and go 2man Magtheridon. 262ish gold (each) for 20 minutes effort.

As in, healer + dps type?
Palisade

Postby amh » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:42 pm

Dps caster with a healing spell or two, yeah. You should be able to do most of the healing yourself, but it's nice to have some backup. I run it every week with an elemental shaman. The more adds you kill before Magtheridon breaks out, the easier it gets.

(Your buddy nukes one target while you drag everything else to the far end, so you out-range their healing. Once the first one is dead, your buddy can pull one off of you and repeat the process.)
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby fudomyou » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:32 pm

I am fascinated by the 2man Mags. Can you do it with Seal of Truth, or do you stick to Seal of Insight for the healing, since your dps is mostly irrelevant?
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby masterpoobaa » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:27 pm

Getting a raid group and farming Kara trash can be productive too.
Mobs there drop 20-80silver, with piles of netherweave cloth and greens.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Palisade » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:06 am

fudomyou wrote:I am fascinated by the 2man Mags. Can you do it with Seal of Truth, or do you stick to Seal of Insight for the healing, since your dps is mostly irrelevant?

Yes, please share =)
Palisade

Postby Kraziness » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:27 am

I imagine you let the hybrid pull the first add, then you tank all the remaining adds together away from the first add. I think the biggest thing you probably will need from the hybrid is for them to have the ability to taunt the next add from you as by the time the down the first one you will have such a large amount of threat normal dps just won't pull it off you. I think a druid would probably be perfect for 2 manning it.

Another question, does anyone know how much the new flying skill to allow you to fly in Azeroth is going to cost?
Dell can go F themsleves in the A
Kraziness

Postby Magnusharkov » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:29 am

Mag is soloable as prot spec with decent gear. I do it in full ret gear and a self healing prot spec. There's no point trying to kill the adds, just let them hit you.
Magnusharkov

Next

Return to General