Mace ≠ Hammer Question?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Does it bother you that maces & hammers are the same type of weapon?

GTFO, noob! It's just a stat stick. I'd swing a fish if it gave me +500 stamina!
42%
I can see your point, but it never bothered me.
51%
Yes, I feel similarly about this or something similar.
7%

Total votes : 81

Re: Mace ≠ Hammer Question?

Postby Goins2754 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:38 pm

/sigh

You know, with all the jackassery in this forum, I would have expected more number 1 votes. Thank you for your candid responses, though.

Anyone want to start on how many different classifications are lumped into "guns"?
Goins2754

Postby Brutalicus » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:30 pm

Lol the latter part of the first page made me laugh
Brutalicus, Garona (Horde) Tankadin
Brutalicus

Postby Invisusira » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:54 pm

Goins2754 wrote:Anyone want to start on how many different classifications are lumped into "guns"?

one - guns?
Invisusira

Postby ryan4nayr » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:59 pm

Goins2754 wrote:Anyone want to start on how many different classifications are lumped into "guns"?

My dwarf paladin classifies guns as blunt force trauma / mace weapons.

Rifles, shotguns, carbines would be wielded 1-handed by him to pummel boss crotches with.

Harquebuses, hand bombards, mini-guns would be 2-handed and make pretty yellow Crusader Strike hits.

Bullets... he chews on 'em for the smoky flavor.
ryan4nayr

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:03 pm

Guns = 1.
Though size of guns can vary from bullets of a few mm in caliber up to battleship guns of 16 or 18 inches.

Back on the topic of maces and hammers, I remember the old AD&D also had Flails as a separate weapon 'class'.

And World of Warcraft is missing 'Slings' and 'Staff Slings' From their ranged weapon lists.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Arcand » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:09 am

Passionario wrote:On a related note, why are all polearms grouped together?

There should be different skills/proficiencies/specializations for ranseurs, halberds, tridents, partisans, awl hooks, bill hooks, corseques, fauchards, military forks, naginatas, nakamaris, voulges, scythes, bardiches, lochaber axes, spetums, glaives, guisarmes, longspears and lucern hammers.

Put down the Unearthed Arcana and keep your hands where I can see them.
Arcand

Postby bldavis » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:19 am

this topic is making me nostalgic for Diablo 2
one of the items you had to "craft" to unlock Mephisto was a sick 3-headed mace that made a great weapon...
oc i did play a barbarian so....
and a dwarf fighter in D&D, wtb dwarven waraxe in wow, or maybe dwarven urgrosh... i wouldn't mind going ret with that

edit: spelling

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Kayoto » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:52 am

Passionario wrote:On a related note, why are all polearms grouped together?

There should be different skills/proficiencies/specializations for ranseurs, halberds, tridents, partisans, awl hooks, bill hooks, corseques, fauchards, military forks, naginatas, nakamaris, voulges, scythes, bardiches, lochaber axes, spetums, glaives, guisarmes, longspears and lucern hammers.

Let's not forget bec de corbins and ox tongues, now!

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0136.html
Kayoto

Postby Bladesong » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:53 pm

It is good to see so many of my fellow DnD geeks representing! :mrgreen:
Bladesong

Postby bldavis » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:59 pm

the basis of 90% if not more of the RPG's out there... gotta pay tribute to the grand-daddy!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:03 pm

Who remembers playing the original Gold Box AD&D games on IBM-XT's?
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Palisade » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:36 pm

masterpoobaa wrote:Who remembers playing the original Gold Box AD&D games on IBM-XT's?

Pfft. Who remembers playing the original red and blue box sets of D&D? :lol: :wink:
Palisade

Postby sahiel » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:09 pm

Palisade wrote:
masterpoobaa wrote:Who remembers playing the original Gold Box AD&D games on IBM-XT's?

Pfft. Who remembers playing the original red and blue box sets of D&D? :lol: :wink:

Ah basic d&d, when dwarf was both a race and class and the red box only gave you levels 1-3... :D
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:31 pm

I remember the start of Pools of Radiance.
Starting a party with all level 1 characters, max HP being 10-12hp, surrounded by some 40 goblins. Getting hit more than half a dozen times = death. (dmg = 1d4) ahh good times.
masterpoobaa

Postby rodos » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:08 pm

masterpoobaa wrote:I remember the start of Pools of Radiance.
Starting a party with all level 1 characters, max HP being 10-12hp, surrounded by some 40 goblins. Getting hit more than half a dozen times = death. (dmg = 1d4) ahh good times.

That's where you have to get creative. The old lamp oil and torn shirt molotov cocktail was usually pretty effective. Or throw a gold piece and let them kill each other to get at it.
rodos

PreviousNext

Return to General