Remove Advertisements

Battle Rez and Soulstone Changes

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Battle Rez and Soulstone Changes

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:12 pm

Braundo wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:Or even better, just remove in-combat res entirely.

Let's go back to the olden days of designated out-of-combat rezzers. 8)

I was the king of OOC rezzing. That was totally entirely how our group first downed Majordomo.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Palisade » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:07 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
Braundo wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:Or even better, just remove in-combat res entirely.

Let's go back to the olden days of designated out-of-combat rezzers. 8)

I was the king of OOC rezzing. That was totally entirely how our group first downed Majordomo.

Oh... Shadowmeld + rez
Palisade

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:17 pm

Palisade wrote:Oh... Shadowmeld + rez

Shadowmeld didn't used to work that way.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Amirya » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:21 pm

Sabindeus wrote:

Did you used to be a night elf paladin, Sab? :wink:
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Palisade » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:55 am

Sabindeus wrote:

Sadly, it still doesn't. I thought Shadowmeld took you out of combat, but nope. I tried it this weekend.
Palisade

Postby Amirya » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:24 am

Palisade wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

Sadly, it still doesn't. I thought Shadowmeld took you out of combat, but nope. I tried it this weekend.

I'd almost say it depends. I've seen night elves successfully Shadowmeld on the Arthas fight, and have him despawn and reset (I was, in fact, one of those night elves).
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Zalaria » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:59 am

The same thing happens with Feign Death and Invisibility. They don't take you out of combat, but if all remaining players are in one of those states, the fight ends.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:01 pm

Amirya wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

Did you used to be a night elf paladin, Sab? :wink:

For those who weren't around back then, Out of Combat Ressing used to be having someone stay out of combat for the entire fight and rezz people who died. This was made impossible in a 1.x patch (I forget which) that added a infinite range AoE attack to every raid boss the intent of which was to put you in combat no matter what else you did.
Sabindeus

Postby Digren » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:08 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
Amirya wrote:Did you used to be a night elf paladin, Sab? :wink:

For those who weren't around back then, Out of Combat Ressing used to be having someone stay out of combat for the entire fight and rezz people who died. This was made impossible in a 1.x patch (I forget which) that added a infinite range AoE attack to every raid boss the intent of which was to put you in combat no matter what else you did.

Yeah, that patch was when my 1.x raid encounter role changed from out-of-combat rez box to decursive spam box. Out of encounter role remained nonstop blessing buff box.

I don't have fond memories of Molten Core.
Digren

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:16 pm

I actually found OOC rezzing fun. It was a challenge to actually run around to people and not get hit by random gouts of flame or explosions.
Sabindeus

Postby Braundo » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:22 pm

The first Onyxia video I can remember ever seeing was taken from the point of view of an OOC rezzer. It was, um, not very exciting.
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby Korola » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:29 pm

EQ went one step further and allowed you to drag the corpses. So you could have a monk (or w/e) designated to drag corpses to a cleric standing around a corner.

That was pretty much bullshit.

I like WoW's design of a couple get out of jail cards. Limiting this is good in my opinion. It was always the same 5 or 6 people getting rezzed anyways.
Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:31 pm

Sabindeus wrote:For those who weren't around back then, Out of Combat Ressing used to be having someone stay out of combat for the entire fight and rezz people who died. This was made impossible in a 1.x patch (I forget which) that added a infinite range AoE attack to every raid boss the intent of which was to put you in combat no matter what else you did.

Pfft. I'd rather you be a night elf mohawk carrying a light infused 2 handed mace, swinging away while screaming, "for the light!"
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:32 pm

Amirya wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:For those who weren't around back then, Out of Combat Ressing used to be having someone stay out of combat for the entire fight and rezz people who died. This was made impossible in a 1.x patch (I forget which) that added a infinite range AoE attack to every raid boss the intent of which was to put you in combat no matter what else you did.

Pfft. I'd rather you be a night elf mohawk carrying a light infused 2 handed mace, swinging away while screaming, "for the light!"

D:

/donotwant.jpg
Sabindeus

Postby Amirya » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:33 pm

Ok, you can be the Tyrande lookalike doing that.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General