Remove Advertisements

Battle Rez and Soulstone Changes

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Battle Rez and Soulstone Changes

Postby DC1033 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:28 pm

I am guilty of doing that on a regular basis when i use my resto shammy because i am told i suffer the healing martyr complex of if I can get that last heal off before I die then it was worth it. :?
When you need someone to control Amirya, just call for DC!!
DC1033

Postby Amirya » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:22 pm

DC1033 wrote:I am guilty of doing that on a regular basis when i use my resto shammy because i am told i suffer the healing martyr complex of if I can get that last heal off before I die then it was worth it. :?

Physician, heal thyself
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby lythac » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:24 pm

I will not be surprised when they add an effect that renders you immune to damage taken and taking any action (except moving) for 2-5 seconds after taking an in-combat ress.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Flex » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:35 pm

inthedrops wrote:
Flex wrote:
inthedrops wrote:5. Eat healthpot/healthstone.

Most people fail on step 1.

Glyph of Rebirth says hi.

HAHA! Total fail :) Thanks.

When it was competing with majors pre 4.0 it wasn't used, now that those majors are primes it should be in use.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Gracerath » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:36 am

One of my 10 mans had 4 druids. Yep, 4. 2 ferals (1dps, 1 tank) a resto and a moonkin. The core of this group (3 of the druids and ~2 of the other dps) are great players. The rest are quite mediocre. I'm fairly convinced that if we did not have so many battle rezzes available, we wouldn't have killed certain bosses when we did. I always wanted to blow my brains out when we actually used all 4 on one fight.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:41 am

Back during early LK when Naxx was still the "big thing" our 10 mans were a mix of DKs, Druids, and Pallys... occasionally we'd have some other class thrown in, but yeah...
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Palisade » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:03 am

I've been reading various allusions that we can now only use one type of in-combat rez per fight, period, including the shaman reincarnate.

Can anyone verify?
Palisade

Postby cerwillis » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:17 pm

Palisade wrote:I've been reading various allusions that we can now only use one type of in-combat rez per fight, period, including the shaman reincarnate.

Can anyone verify?

Shaman reincarnate is not included yet, but they have indicated that it may be. The post cata changes should make it so that you can actually use one (and only one) per attempt. Right now, it's a 30 minute CD, and affects all droods in the raid. It fucking sucks.
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:32 pm

cerwillis wrote:
Palisade wrote:I've been reading various allusions that we can now only use one type of in-combat rez per fight, period, including the shaman reincarnate.

Can anyone verify?

Shaman reincarnate is not included yet, but they have indicated that it may be. The post cata changes should make it so that you can actually use one (and only one) per attempt. Right now, it's a 30 minute CD, and affects all droods in the raid. It fucking sucks.

In 10man it's one shared CD, with a 10 minute CD (correct?), in 25m it's up to three battle resses, with a 10 minute CD.

They've not been crystal clear about the "per attempt" and "per 10 minutes" breakdown that I've been able to find. Franky, if they're capping the number you can use, they should just remove the CD entirely and have it reset on combat.

Or even better, just remove in-combat res entirely.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Palisade » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:42 am

fuzzygeek wrote:In 10man it's one shared CD, with a 10 minute CD (correct?), in 25m it's up to three battle resses, with a 10 minute CD.

They've not been crystal clear about the "per attempt" and "per 10 minutes" breakdown that I've been able to find. Franky, if they're capping the number you can use, they should just remove the CD entirely and have it reset on combat.

Or even better, just remove in-combat res entirely.

That is possibly the direction they're going in, but battle rez does have it's place in progression content. I believe the changes to BRez are more to discourage stacking of certain classes for certain benefits. This fits in with all the other changes they have done.
Palisade

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:40 am

Thinking about it, the spell itself probably has a 10m CD. The counter resets on combat. So if you have five druids in a 25m and two of them use their BR and you wipe and re-engage within three minutes, those two druids will still be on CD, whilst the other three druids will be able to use their BRs.

Man, when explanations of mechanics start getting that convoluted, it's probably a sign of a crufty mechanic.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby majiben » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:47 am

Flex wrote:
inthedrops wrote:

HAHA! Total fail :) Thanks.

When it was competing with majors pre 4.0 it wasn't used, now that those majors are primes it should be in use.

Reminds me of the time I was yelled at in a fail ICC PuG on my baby druid for BRing someone without the glyph. All I could think of is this person was upset I didn't diminish my general performance as a healer so I could make fixing their mistakes easier.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Barathorn » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:14 am

I personally don't like this change at all. It seems a logical choice but it simply doesn't reflect what an average 10 man guild of friends looks like I would suggest.

Ah well, back to my rogue.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Amirya » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:46 pm

majiben wrote:Reminds me of the time I was yelled at in a fail ICC PuG on my baby druid for BRing someone without the glyph. All I could think of is this person was upset I didn't diminish my general performance as a healer so I could make fixing their mistakes easier.

"Ah, ok, I understand. Don't bother battle rezzing stupid again. Got it."
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Braundo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:11 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:Or even better, just remove in-combat res entirely.

Let's go back to the olden days of designated out-of-combat rezzers. 8)
Braundo
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General