Remove Advertisements

Battle Rez and Soulstone Changes

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Battle Rez and Soulstone Changes

Postby Jobalq » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Zarhym
The design for combat resurrection effects has changed a good deal for Cataclysm, and we want to make sure players are clear on how spells like Rebirth and Create Soulstone now function. Rebirth has a 10-minute cooldown and Create Soulstone has a 15-minute cooldown. On raid boss encounters, you can only use one of these combat resurrection spells (so one Rebirth or one Soulstone) per attempt for 10-player raids. For 25-player raids you can use three forms of combat resurrection per raid boss attempt (so three of any combination of Rebirth and Soulstone). The count is incremented as soon as a player accepts a resurrection, so one can always choose not to accept if he or she wants someone else to get the resurrection instead. There is no equivalent of the Sated debuff (which tracks Bloodlust/Heroism usage), but you will get an error message if you try to resurrect too many players, and we might add tracking to our raid interface if there is demand for it. Outside of raid content, you can use as many battle resurrections as you have available.

For those of you currently participating in the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm beta test, please note that this functionality may not be fully implemented as of yet. If you notice combat resurrections are not currently functioning as explained here, this is just a heads-up about the updated design intent behind them.

Unless Soulstone is being changed, why does the harder to use combat rez (that being Soulstone, since you have to predict ahead of time who to Soulstone) have the longer cooldown?
One thing we're considering with Soulstone is making it possible, in addition to its current functionality, to be cast on a dead player to give them the option of joining the living again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

am sure this is going to be bad on progression nights when you can have 2/3 druds to bring people up while learning an encounter.

But other than is good that people will have to watch where they are standing even more.
"Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword". - Joanadark.
Jobalq

Re: Battle Rez and Soulstone Changes

Postby Amirya » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:33 am

So wait, they popped Rebirth back to 10 minutes again? Last I saw, it was 30.

Shared cooldowns suck, btw.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Malthrax » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:49 am

This is a necessary nerf to battle-rez mechanics to prevent raids from stacking druids.

Has my thumbs-up. If you need to blow more than 3 battle-rezs on a single 25-man attempt, your raid needs to l2p a bit more.
Malthrax

Postby pacientKashenko » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:36 am

Malthrax wrote:This is a necessary nerf to battle-rez mechanics to prevent raids from stacking druids.

Has my thumbs-up. If you need to blow more than 3 battle-rezs on a single 25-man attempt, your raid needs to l2p a bit more.

So much this. No more druid stacking.
pacientKashenko

Postby Chunes » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:45 am

I definitely am liking this change.
Chunes

Postby Palisade » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:00 am

I can already hear the druid QQ :lol:
Palisade

Postby Goins2754 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:10 am

pacientKashenko wrote:
Malthrax wrote:This is a necessary nerf to battle-rez mechanics to prevent raids from stacking druids.

So, wait. You're not guaranteed a raid spot because you're the only class with an ability...like Heroism?
Goins2754

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:16 am

Goins2754 wrote:
pacientKashenko wrote:

So, wait. You're not guaranteed a raid spot because you're the only class with an ability...like Heroism?

Shamans aren't the only ones with Heroism at 85.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:17 am

Goins2754 wrote:
pacientKashenko wrote:

Mages can heroism at 85. Hunters can heroism now with the appropriate spec and pet.
Belloc

Postby Amirya » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:18 am

I must be on a special server.

I think I've only ever seen about 10 druids.

1 is GM of his own guild who likes to give me hell. 1 just recently quit the game. 1 is my alt. The other 7 are idiots.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Eltiana » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:25 am

Amirya wrote:I must be on a special server.

1 is GM of his own guild who likes to give me hell. 1 just recently quit the game. 1 is my alt. The other 7 are idiots.

*pats* I'm sure Worgen will bring more druids into the game....they'll also probably be all idiots...but there will still be more druids :P
Eltiana

Postby Palisade » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:28 am

Eltiana wrote:

*pats* I'm sure Worgen will bring more druids into the game....they'll also probably be all idiots...but there will still be more druids :P

:lol: I'll be one of those new worgen druids. Hopefully not the idiot kind, but time will tell :mrgreen:
Palisade

Postby Eltiana » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:35 am

Palisade wrote:
Eltiana wrote:

:lol: I'll be one of those new worgen druids. Hopefully not the idiot kind, but time will tell :mrgreen:
I will be as well lol and hopefully I won't be either >.> Yeah, need to finish of my set of tanks though ^^...speaking of that, I really need to work on leveling my warrior again *sigh*
Eltiana

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:43 am

My guild tends to wind up with two trees healing our raids quite a lot (When it's not two Holy Paladins). Usually with a Boomkin on dps, too.

A feral Druid, though, is a rarity. Unless you're in a battleground - in that case they're behind you, and you are about to die in the duration of a stun.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Blackharon » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:19 pm

My guild must be a rarity.

We tend to have 5 paladins, 6-8 druids then a random assortment of the remaining classes...
The Cat's out of the bag!
Pickpawcket for iPhone and iPad
http://www.pickpawcket.com
Blackharon

Next

Return to General