Remove Advertisements

I want my Legendary tanking items!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

I want my Legendary tanking items!

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:46 am

Seriously give me some cool armor forged by the same stuff deathwing is wearing or something.

Or some awesome shield from the carcasses of onny/nef?

I want it now! Well sometime in cata at least!

Agree/Disagree?
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Re: I want my Legendary tanking items!

Postby Zobel » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:48 am

2Cute2BeStr8 wrote:Agree/Disagree?

You aren't.
Zobel

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:29 am

At Blizzcon, when a person who presumably played a tank asked this same question to the developers, they indicated that they like to make legendaries for a largely accessible group and pointed out that tanks are a pertty small group.

So I find it unlikely that we'll get one.

That being said... we've sort of already had one. Yeah, it's dated now, but Thunderfury is at least still in the game, whereas Atiesh is not.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Palisade » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:34 am

2Cute2BeStr8 wrote:Seriously give me some cool armor forged by the same stuff deathwing is wearing or something.

Or some awesome shield from the carcasses of onny/nef?

I want it now! Well sometime in cata at least!

Agree/Disagree?

Temper tantrum much?
Palisade

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:41 am

Nah I disagree. That's not a temper tantrum, that's just an excited desire for something.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Brutalicus » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:10 am

Pretty much what Nika said... but hey, we can hope. I sure hope. In the mean time, Ragnaros needs to drop his eye so I can get a woefully-dated Sulfuras.
Brutalicus, Garona (Horde) Tankadin
Brutalicus

Postby lythac » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:33 am

Tanking legendaries are a bad, bad, bad thing.

Here is hoping there is never one again.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:35 am

lythac wrote:Tanking legendaries are a bad, bad, bad thing.

'Splainy?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:39 am

Nikachelle wrote:At Blizzcon, when a person who presumably played a tank asked this same question to the developers, they indicated that they like to make legendaries for a largely accessible group and pointed out that tanks are a pertty small group.

So I find it unlikely that we'll get one.

That being said... we've sort of already had one. Yeah, it's dated now, but Thunderfury is at least still in the game, whereas Atiesh is not.

We're due though given that they've covered everyone else since then. I'm not really buying their logic much there either considering they've essentially had class specific legendary weapons. But I have to admit, it wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't something for tanks available as they've really done a poor job with legendary weapons in general.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby lythac » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:45 am

Nikachelle wrote:

'Splainy?

Legendary items by being legendary are overpowered for their level (well, duh). In the hands of a DPS or healer its effects are spread over the raid DPS/HPS and they don't make or break any fights.

Say Shadowmourne grants a 10% damage boost to a player (grossly overestimated and simplified) for the raid dps (16 of them) thats only a 0.625% raid DPS increase - it is not going to nullify enrage timers etc.

Give a legendary to a tank that increases something we want by 10% and things can start to become unbalanced and we are able to break encounters. The tank with the legendary becomes the guilds main tank - no questions asked. You're not a tanking team anymore you're back in the Vanilla mindset of having the Maintank + rest of the tanks.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Passionario » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:11 am

Legendary Tanking Item

You're welcome.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:14 am

lythac wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:

'Splainy?

Legendary items by being legendary are overpowered for their level (well, duh). In the hands of a DPS or healer its effects are spread over the raid DPS/HPS and they don't make or break any fights.

Say Shadowmourne grants a 10% damage boost to a player (grossly overestimated and simplified) for the raid dps (16 of them) thats only a 0.625% raid DPS increase - it is not going to nullify enrage timers etc.

Give a legendary to a tank that increases something we want by 10% and things can start to become unbalanced and we are able to break encounters. The tank with the legendary becomes the guilds main tank - no questions asked. You're not a tanking team anymore you're back in the Vanilla mindset of having the Maintank + rest of the tanks.

You have a very good point. However by the time you have the legendary the stuff is probably on farm anyways though? Hmm I guess new content though. Well give us something orangeish then. Also while I agree with you about MT being a vanilla WoW concept, every guild kind of has their MT. I mean its not it was in vanilla wow, but I dont know I want a legendary even though you did make an excellent point. Someone debate better than me dang it.
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:16 am

Lythac's point is 100% true and I'd say almost the entire reason why they won't do it. Thunderfury back in the day was a huuuuuge difference in damage income and threat output for tanks, eclipsing entire tiers of gear difference. Doing something like that again would be a colossal mistake. That having been said, a legendary Str or Agi (2 versions like atiesh/quel'danar?) 1H with mastery and some sort of neutral special ability that allowed it to viably go to tank or dps might be possible.

Fridmarr wrote:We're due though given that they've covered everyone else since then. I'm not really buying their logic much there either considering they've essentially had class specific legendary weapons. But I have to admit, it wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't something for tanks available as they've really done a poor job with legendary weapons in general.

Assuming you're referring to Warblades, then you could easily say that Fury War + Rogues outnumber all tanks. If you're referring to Thori'dal then yeah whatever, that was fairly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things imo. Also I like the legendary weapons so far... :/
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:18 am

Passionario wrote:Legendary Tanking Item

You're welcome.

No, try again.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:47 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Passionario wrote:Legendary Tanking Item

You're welcome.

No, try again.

Try again.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Next