Remove Advertisements

OT: Druid Site?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

OT: Druid Site?

Postby Palisade » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:27 pm

I'm going to roll a Worgen Druid come Cata, and am looking to do some home work before then. Can anyone point me to a class mechanics resource other than the official forums or Elitist Jerks?

Preferably something dedicated like this awesome site would be awesome, but I doubt I'll get that lucky. :p
Palisade

Re: OT: Druid Site?

Postby Autofollow » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:17 am

The sites probably depend on what type of Druid you are planning to be in Cata. I'm going to guess that since this is a tanking board that you plan to be a feral tank, but that would just be an assumption.

When I played my Druid I was Resto and used a forum this forum: http://treebarkjacket.com/
The girl there did a good job of doing her homework and had some decent guides and tips from a Resto Druid perspective.

So anyway, it's a fairly broad sweeping topic, what kind of Druid do you plan to be?
Autofollow

Postby Palisade » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:19 am

Most likely I'll go feral for leveling, focused on bear for tanking since I'll be duo leveling with a friend. But the long term goal is to raid as resto.

Also, thanks for the link! :) Checking it out now.
Palisade

Postby katraya » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:54 am

I also found that there was no real comprehensive forum for druids. However, there are a bunch of great blogs depending on your needs.

Besides Treebark jacket there are also:
http://graymatterwow.blogspot.com/ - Moonkin mainly
http://www.restokin.com/ - Resto
http://fluiddruid.net/ - Feral
http://wowthinktank.blogspot.com/ - Feral/tanking
http://feralaggression.wordpress.com/ - Feral/Cat

There are several more but those are the ones that I have looked at the most.
katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby Hearthvaderr » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:52 pm

http://theincbear.wordpress.com/ is a bear site, Reesi is the Knaughty of the bear world.
http://thebigbearbutt.com/ is another bear site, though he often blogs about non-wow topics.
Hearthvaderr

Postby Palisade » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:38 pm

Thank you much for the references =) Keep posting, I'll read over all of it.
Palisade

Postby Palisade » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:09 pm

So I had the day off yesterday for the federal holiday here in the US, Veteran's Day. Round about noon I decided to go ahead and start my druid. I was initially going to wait for the Worgen release, but decided I'd rather get a jump on the early levels rather than compete for quest mobs and what not.

My question now is this: what profs best suit a druid healer for raiding? Or even any healer, for that matter?

EDIT:

After looking at the dreaded EJ site, I'm considering Inscription / Enchanting.
Palisade

Postby Amirya » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:36 pm

I don't follow the idea of "best" for anything.

Professions are what suit you.

My druid healer is an alchy/herby - she makes elixirs/flasks for all my toons, gets the benefit of mixology, and if she gets low, she can pop Lifeblood while still healing others.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:36 am

My 70ish tree/boomkin druid is an herb/alchy as well, partly because I didn't already have one, partly because of the tauren racial (which is even more awesome now... I can level in Sholazar in bird form... if I accidentally aggro something, I've usually already looted the herbs and am flying away!)

My 39 feral druid (former twinkish) went engineering, because I felt it would make up for some of the things I was missing compared to a rogue (was my first druid, WAY back during classic.)

Honestly, I'd say that engineering was probably a bad choice, since I don't think you can use the bombs and stuff in cat/bear form, but I was new and didn't know any better at the time :).

Edit: Oh, also, my best friend (tree/boomkin main) is a LW/Skinner. So yeah, it ultimately comes down to preference.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:43 am

my feral/feral druid is herb/insrib

yes i am a glutton for punishment
i play all 4 tanking classes, my shaman is enh/resto druid is bear/kitty and lock is demo
so ive got 2 of the hardest rotations as my MS on alts
and teh demo rotation isnt that easy either

the one thing you have going for you is if you go feral, you get kitty form at 10
there is a reason my druid stayed at 16 for almost 1 1/2 yrs

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:30 am

bldavis wrote:there is a reason my druid stayed at 16 for almost 1 1/2 yrs

Obviously because you knew they were going to lower the level on kitty form, and just waited for it :lol:
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:31 am

If you're looking for anything Kittylike, Yawning's sticky on the Druid forums and the links within are pretty much brilliant.
Darielle

Return to General