Remove Advertisements

Cataclysm world events starting?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Cataclysm world events starting?

Postby djlar » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:36 am

On all the bosses you can see fire, ice, rocks, tornadoes coming, if you don't move it's your own fault!

People were expecting patchwork type bosses to just stand there and tank and spank them.
djlar

Postby theckhd » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:38 am

djlar wrote:On all the bosses you can see fire, ice, rocks, tornadoes coming, if you don't move it's your own fault!

People were expecting patchwork type bosses to just stand there and tank and spank them.

To be fair, I think the water boss has a frontal cone Ice-Breath type ability that freezes the tank. I can't be 100% sure, but I was frozen a few times based on some cast he performed that wasn't correlated to the Ahune ice swirl animation.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Flex » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:39 am

theckhd wrote:
djlar wrote:On all the bosses you can see fire, ice, rocks, tornadoes coming, if you don't move it's your own fault!

To be fair, I think the water boss has a frontal cone Ice-Breath type ability that freezes the tank. I can't be 100% sure, but I was frozen a few times based on some cast he performed that wasn't correlated to the Ahune ice swirl animation.

But did people interrupt his freeze heal ability?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Morolann » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:12 pm

With Flamelash, is there a way to pull just his adds?

The first time I did it the group (all LFD) had me pull everything at once, then the next group I had complained that I should've just pulled the adds to start with - but when I pulled them Flamelash came with.

I'm thinking there has to be a way to do it for the simple reason we ended up wiping on Flamelash after the adds were burned down and they didn't re-pop (we found out afterwards the healer hadn't actually joined us in the instance after doing Princess).

On the Princess I've seen it mentioned that if you wait till after she's finished speaking to Cho'gall that you can pull only her two adds, which would make that fight rather easier (assuming you're not in LFD and everyone is bitching at you to hurry up and pull).
Morolann

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:14 pm

A hunter (!!!!!!) told me to wait on Princess till she walked away. So I pulled the adds independently of her. Course, I had a boomkin yelling at me to hurry the hell up, but it turns out the hunter was right.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Morolann » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:20 pm

Nikachelle wrote:the hunter was right.

Don't you just hate it when that happens?

Good to know that it works for the Princess, I really want her shield.

I'm now wondering if there was a conversation with Flamelash that has the same effect.
Might have to get a guild group together to try it so that we don't have people with ants in their pants complaining.
Morolann

Postby theckhd » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:24 pm

Flex wrote:But did people interrupt his freeze heal ability?

Of course not. Nothing more frustrating than sitting in an ice block being unable to Shield Bash.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Chicken » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:20 pm

Nikachelle wrote:A hunter (!!!!!!) told me to wait on Princess till she walked away. So I pulled the adds independently of her. Course, I had a boomkin yelling at me to hurry the hell up, but it turns out the hunter was right.
The same is true for Grand Ambassador Flamelash, if you wait for the mobs to finish talking to each other you can pull the adds independently of him.
Chicken

Postby djlar » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:22 pm

Chicken wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:A hunter (!!!!!!) told me to wait on Princess till she walked away. So I pulled the adds independently of her. Course, I had a boomkin yelling at me to hurry the hell up, but it turns out the hunter was right.
The same is true for Grand Ambassador Flamelash, if you wait for the mobs to finish talking to each other you can pull the adds independently of him.

And on the other 2 bosses the adds are just wondering around, you can pull the groups easily and the boss last.

Had a "brave" tank pull everything on the AQ20 boss, didn't work out well..
djlar

Postby Flex » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:25 pm

Are the trash packs that hard that people have issues with them? Took a guildie tank whose best piece of gear is a 226 mug mace and he ended up tanking the princess and the two rock dudes until he was punted off the side from bad positioning.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Morolann » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:05 pm

Chicken wrote:

Awesome, that was the only thing causing me a problem. I blame not paying attention to chat :)

Flex wrote:Are the trash packs that hard that people have issues with them? Took a guildie tank whose best piece of gear is a 226 mug mace and he ended up tanking the princess and the two rock dudes until he was punted off the side from bad positioning.

My gear is utter crap and I'm long out of practice as I've only just come back from 12+ months off of WoW as such that may have an effect on my experience, but on Flamelash the additional trash make him an utter bastard.
Princess I didn't have too much trouble with taking her and the trash, but a couple of times it was a bit closer than I'd like.

The other 2 bosses, the trash was easily taken out without agroing the boss, so I didn't try those ones.

*** edit note: fixed coding ***
Morolann

Postby Non » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:01 pm

The event bosses are a joke. The sub 20k HP DK tank died after the healer got knocked down in Maraudon. My warlock kited her for the last 1,5M hp.
So far the world event has been really boring. I really hope they ramp up the chaos and destruction soon. The zombie event was 1000x better.
**"It's no secret that any correspondence between what Non says and the truth is purely coincidental"
Non

Postby Flex » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:17 pm

Non wrote:The event bosses are a joke. The sub 20k HP DK tank died after the healer got knocked down in Maraudon. My warlock kited her for the last 1,5M hp.
So far the world event has been really boring. I really hope they ramp up the chaos and destruction soon. The zombie event was 1000x better.

The week of turning into zombies or the weeks of running to and from various out of the way zones to kill scourge?
Flex

Postby majiben » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:59 pm

Flex wrote:
Non wrote:The event bosses are a joke. The sub 20k HP DK tank died after the healer got knocked down in Maraudon. My warlock kited her for the last 1,5M hp.

The week of turning into zombies or the weeks of running to and from various out of the way zones to kill scourge?
Amassing a massive zombie army of lvl 65 npcs and taking down the lvl 75 city guards was definitely the best part. If only they were lvl 65....
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Teranoid » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:22 am

It seems like as expansions go by the events get more and more underwhelming. First in pre-BC you had Kruul basically destroying everything and then you had the whole zombie invasion/argent dawn stuff for Wrath and now.. whoopie elementals spend 3 weeks working to invade cities.

Maybe its just nostalgia but I went around on all my characters to do the scourge invasions and whatnot and to be honest I've done the quests on one toon and queued up a few times for the bosses and said screw it.
Teranoid

PreviousNext

Return to General