Remove Advertisements

Cataclysm world events starting?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Cataclysm world events starting?

Postby Palisade » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:53 pm

Belloc wrote:The epics from the event were iLevel 115... Karazhan quality. If you didn't replace them, you must not have been checking stats on anything :P

Are you certain? I might've gotten loot from BT right before xpac then. I was still in Kara/Mags/Gruuls and ZulAman as a guild, and only got into a few of BT/SSC/TK Pugs post nerf right before the xpac.

I am however fairly confident in my memory that I kept all my gear until 77+ and I was one of the first 80's on my server.

I remember having to wait a full friggin month to get enough guild 80's to start Nax 10. :evil: :?
Palisade

Postby Shathus » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:01 pm

Palisade wrote:
Belloc wrote:The epics from the event were iLevel 115... Karazhan quality. If you didn't replace them, you must not have been checking stats on anything :P

Are you certain? I might've gotten loot from BT right before xpac then. I was still in Kara/Mags/Gruuls and ZulAman as a guild, and only got into a few of BT/SSC/TK Pugs post nerf right before the xpac.

I am however fairly confident in my memory that I kept all my gear until 77+ and I was one of the first 80's on my server.

I remember having to wait a full friggin month to get enough guild 80's to start Nax 10. :evil: :?

Definitely iLevel 115
http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=784
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Palisade » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:11 pm

Well damn. :lol:
Palisade

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:35 pm

As Ive come to expect from 4.0, the Iron Forge even is massively bugged and unable to be completed. win.
Hundreds of people in Stormwind then.
Air boss is ho-hum. Dps, avoid cyclones, more win.
Had a partially i264 geared rogue doing 1.1k dps. Extra win.
Water Boss does a nice aggro dump. Cue the "Stupid tank L2Hold aggro!" Not that he does enough damage to kill a retard dps. Shame that.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby edsdame » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:49 am

Not a bit interested in the events. Thank God I can fully avoid them by not going into Sw or If.
I see no point in getting any of the items, i will change them in a month. Plus it's more fun to level my warrior then wait for elementals to spawn. :)
More event like this, Blizz, please! One can really choose not to participate at all.
edsdame

Postby Palisade » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:33 am

edsdame wrote:Not a bit interested in the events. Thank God I can fully avoid them by not going into Sw or If.
I see no point in getting any of the items, i will change them in a month. Plus it's more fun to level my warrior then wait for elementals to spawn. :)
More event like this, Blizz, please! One can really choose not to participate at all.

Yeah, that's pretty much me too. I'm working on my resto druid and farming.
Palisade

Postby halabar » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:54 pm

edsdame wrote:Not a bit interested in the events. Thank God I can fully avoid them by not going into Sw or If.

Yeah, I did them on one toon, that was enough. Working on my DK instead.

And it was damn annoying to be in IF late late last night, trying to get something done at the AH, only to have the town evacuated, and no auctioneers, bankers, or anything else, and the few schmucks that were on were not bothering to kill the elementals. And they don't give XP, so I didn't bring my DK.. :wink:
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:56 pm

And...

Don't forget to reset your hearth to your hometown. It was annoying logging into Dalaraan on the PTR only to find the portals were gone, and I had to take the boat to SW, then fly to IF.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Discus » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:26 am

On my realm these dungeons are still enormously buggy - I managed 3 goes on fire boss last night but it caused several DCs amongst the whole party. A monday night DC caused a "stale session" on my internet line meaning I had no net until I could contact my ISP.

I'm confused though - on monday, after I killed a few elementals in SW, 2 portals appeared giving me the option kill 4 bosses. Last night no portals appeared and I only had 2 bosses (fire boss and another - no Prince Singrasomething etc). Have I missed the other 2 bosses or am I doing something wrong?
Discus

Postby culhag » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:44 am

Discus wrote:I'm confused though - on monday, after I killed a few elementals in SW, 2 portals appeared giving me the option kill 4 bosses. Last night no portals appeared and I only had 2 bosses (fire boss and another - no Prince Singrasomething etc). Have I missed the other 2 bosses or am I doing something wrong?

Closing the rifts in Stromwind opens the portals to the water and wind bosses.
Closing the rifts in Ironforge opens the portals to the fire and earth bosses.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Discus » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:11 am

Thanks, I'm unable to check any WoW forums but this at work so had missed that. That makes sense as I was in SW so no portals but suddenly I was able to run 2 extra dungeons.
Discus

Previous

Return to General