Remove Advertisements

Cataclysm world events starting?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Cataclysm world events starting?

Postby Autofollow » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:47 am

I had a friend send this to me on AIM. It looks like Blizzard "may" have tossed this live today?

http://wow.joystiq.com/
Image
User avatar
Autofollow
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:41 am

Re: Cataclysm world events starting?

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:51 am

From what I saw on PTR: There is a quest you pick up when you defeat one of the elemental rifts, and each rift gives you a buff - get all four buffs (one for each element) at the same time and you get an achievement. They spawn on every continent, type is based on zone (eg, Fire in Hellfire Pen, Water in Zangarmarsh, Earth in Storm Peaks - the few I can remember).
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 6831
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Cataclysm world events starting?

Postby Dantriges » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:59 am

Zangarmarsh?

That´s an Outlands zone.
Dantriges
 
Posts: 1252
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:39 am

Re: Cataclysm world events starting?

Postby Teranoid » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:00 am

The Earthen Ring and cultists literally just appeared about 20 minutes ago. Looks like its beginning.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Cataclysm world events starting?

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:06 am

Dantriges wrote:Zangarmarsh?

That´s an Outlands zone.


yeah that would not make sense... Outlands is not a part of Azeroth
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10472
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Cataclysm world events starting?

Postby bldavis » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:11 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Dantriges wrote:Zangarmarsh?

That´s an Outlands zone.


yeah that would not make sense... Outlands is not a part of Azeroth

it does when combined with HFP for fire and earth in Stormpeaks

they are all OL zones

that said where would you say the elementals are popping up?

i say fire would prob be in Un'Goro with the volcano, or Burning Steppes/i forget the other name, with Blackrock Mt

earth... really same thing
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7362
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Cataclysm world events starting?

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:17 am

bldavis wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:
Dantriges wrote:Zangarmarsh?

That´s an Outlands zone.


yeah that would not make sense... Outlands is not a part of Azeroth

it does when combined with HFP for fire and earth in Stormpeaks

they are all OL zones

that said where would you say the elementals are popping up?

i say fire would prob be in Un'Goro with the volcano, or Burning Steppes/i forget the other name, with Blackrock Mt

earth... really same thing


Storm Peaks is not an Outland zone

And the reason it doesn't make sense is because the Cataclysm is happening on Azeroth, not Outland. The elements in Outland are not rebelling the way they are on Azeroth, they have no reason to.
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10472
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Cataclysm world events starting?

Postby Flex » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:20 am

Sabindeus wrote:Storm Peaks is not an Outland zone

And the reason it doesn't make sense is because the Cataclysm is happening on Azeroth, not Outland. The elements in Outland are not rebelling the way they are on Azeroth, they have no reason to.


Have you read the conversation between the city leaders in stormwind? Valen makes mention that this feels like what happened before Outlands was destroyed.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 7500
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Cataclysm world events starting?

Postby Malthrax » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:22 am

Flex wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:Storm Peaks is not an Outland zone

And the reason it doesn't make sense is because the Cataclysm is happening on Azeroth, not Outland. The elements in Outland are not rebelling the way they are on Azeroth, they have no reason to.


Have you read the conversation between the city leaders in stormwind? Valen makes mention that this feels like what happened before Outlands was destroyed.


Draenor already suffered its Cataclysm (past). This one is Azeroth's (present/future).
User avatar
Malthrax
 
Posts: 727
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:23 am

Re: Cataclysm world events starting?

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:32 am

The first elemental rift I found and destroyed on the 4.0.1 PTR was in Hellfire Peninsula. I was confused too.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 6831
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Cataclysm world events starting?

Postby Dantriges » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:19 pm

Seems that they didn´t excludes off planet zones.

Yes it is a little bit strange, Draenor is a different planet, or more correctly pieces of a dfferent planet floating in the Twisting Nether. Deathwing breaks free in azeroth. Why are there events affecting Outland? Are there any connections to the Azerothian elemental plane?
Dantriges
 
Posts: 1252
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:39 am

Re: Cataclysm world events starting?

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:23 pm

Dantriges wrote:Seems that they didn´t excludes off planet zones.

Yes it is a little bit strange, Draenor is a different planet, or more correctly pieces of a dfferent planet floating in the Twisting Nether. Deathwing breaks free in azeroth. Why are there events affecting Outland? Are there any connections to the Azerothian elemental plane?


No the lore explicitly says there is no connection.

In The Shattering, Thrall heads to Outland to seek guidance from the shaman and elements of Draenor to help understand what is wrong on Azeroth.
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10472
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Cataclysm world events starting?

Postby Zobel » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:40 pm

Maybe they'll add a red-shirted elemental to the Throne of Elements once they realize they screwed up.
User avatar
Zobel
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:31 pm

Re: Cataclysm world events starting?

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:26 pm

I got my Feat of Strength. Got down to the last 5 minutes, because I got two rifts then they all phased out on me. Finally got the last two in Outland.

Fire - Hellfire Penn, Blasted Lands, Westfall
Water - Zangarmarsh, Swamp of Sorrows, Stranglethorn Vale
Earth - Nagrand
Air - Terrokar Forest, Duskwood

Edit: Though now it looks like they changed it so you don't need all the buffs at once, bah.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 6831
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Cataclysm world events starting?

Postby amh » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:43 pm

Has the quests past "Warn the King!" been unlocked for you? Also, flying around in Outland, not much action here. :(
I used to play a paladin.
User avatar
amh
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3012
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 6:25 am
Location: Oh hi

Next

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest
?php } else { ?