Postby Shamora » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:09 pm

Thanks for the heads up Dianora :D
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Warsong, Horde - <Orbit>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 90 Assassination Rogue
Shamora

Re: Cataclysm Digital Presale Available

Postby Pizbit » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:38 pm

Dianora wrote:5. Run Launcher.exe and your launcher should go out of its way to grab the 700MB files. Please note that doing this will put your WoW in unplayable state until you've downloaded 320MB. Ideally, you do this before going to sleep, and in the morning, you'll have all of the new content.

It didn't do this for me, I was able to click Play and login when the download had barely started.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:14 am

I noticed on mine that the first time I opened the launcher it had 300+MB of red download and 300+ of green, but the second time it changed to yellow and green instead.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Noradin » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:16 am

Pizbit wrote:
Dianora wrote:5. Run Launcher.exe and your launcher should go out of its way to grab the 700MB files. Please note that doing this will put your WoW in unplayable state until you've downloaded 320MB. Ideally, you do this before going to sleep, and in the morning, you'll have all of the new content.

It didn't do this for me, I was able to click Play and login when the download had barely started.

Same for me (but I do download at nearly 3MB/s).
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby Chicken » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:28 am

KysenMurrin wrote:I noticed on mine that the first time I opened the launcher it had 300+MB of red download and 300+ of green, but the second time it changed to yellow and green instead.
It actually did a "Recalculating" for me after downloading the first 8 or so MB, and after that there only yellow and green left. I expect the behavior depends on your connection.
Chicken

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:17 pm

So, if I use the info Dianora posted, once it finishes the first 8-320Mb (whichever it happens to be) I'll be okay to continue leveling up my chars? Or once I start the cata download, I'll be taking a vacation from WoW until Dec. 7?

Would like to know, because I pre-ordered the CE version, but would like to try and get the game installed prior to having to wait for that to be mailed to me from the US (If it works, going to have my sis email me the key, but would like to have the game already downloaded if possible.)

Or do I have to purchase a 2nd digital copy, then use Dianora's post info for the download?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Pizbit » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:19 am

Skye1013 wrote:So, if I use the info Dianora posted, once it finishes the first 8-320Mb (whichever it happens to be) I'll be okay to continue leveling up my chars? Or once I start the cata download, I'll be taking a vacation from WoW until Dec. 7?

Would like to know, because I pre-ordered the CE version, but would like to try and get the game installed prior to having to wait for that to be mailed to me from the US (If it works, going to have my sis email me the key, but would like to have the game already downloaded if possible.)

Or do I have to purchase a 2nd digital copy, then use Dianora's post info for the download?

You sound extremely confused. Hopefully this clears things up for you.

If you use the information posted you can start the download right now *and* play as normal regardless of how much you've downloaded.
You'll simply be unable to play anything 'cataclysm' that launches on the 7th dec until you've upgraded your account with your CD key.

Buying the digital version just does both at once, sets your account to download cata, and upgrades it so you can play cataclysm content on the 7th.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:27 am

Alright, you apparently managed to pull the gist from my post, despite it's lack of clarity. I appreciate the info, guess I'll try and start the download tonight :).
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby djlar » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:39 am

The "download" isn't much at the moment.. still around 700MB and they haven't added anything more so far, perhaps they plan to add more content each week, maybe 700MB at a time.
djlar

Postby lythac » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:00 am

There, both accounts upgraded.

Roll on 11:01 PM, 06/12/10 in the UK.

I shall miss not having the disc but logging on when servers go live is worth it.

Edit - also I was able to use my UK debit card for US account, which previously was allowed to buy Vanila online and pays the monthly account fee but not allowed to upgrade to TBC or WoTLK online. :?
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Flex » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:49 am

djlar wrote:The "download" isn't much at the moment.. still around 700MB and they haven't added anything more so far, perhaps they plan to add more content each week, maybe 700MB at a time.

Or the 4GB 4.0.1 patch contained most everything we need that just needs to be turned on by a future patch and the stuff we are downloading contains Cataclysm exclusive content like the starting zones.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:48 pm

While 700MB might not seem like much to you guys... at 10Kb/sec with a questionably stable connection, it might take awhile ;)
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby valura » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:43 am

Discus wrote:But what happens when WoW corrupts and you have to reinstall it from Disc as happened with WoTLK for me?

If you want to avoid this from happening, get an external drive (or an empty partion thereof) and re-download the game or re-install it from disc.

You might even keep more than one copy around, just to be sure (or paranoid like me).

It's also not a bad idea to keep a secured folder with your most important addons in a similar backup.

Should the game corrupt during or after the installation of Cata, just delete the whole damn thing and go try it on one of your backup copies.

The most important part is; get a clean installation. Don't just copy the version you are running on now, or it most likely won't help you one bit.
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (90) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (90) Prot | Hashishin (90) Combat | Arishem (90) Blood | Maurgane (90) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (76) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (63) Destro | Dejiko (50) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (52) BM | Xiaohongquan (73) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Location: outer ring of the 7th circle of Hell (aka Kul Tiras EU - Horde side)

Postby Non » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:24 am

Discus wrote:But what happens when WoW corrupts and you have to reinstall it from Disc as happened with WoTLK for me?

You go to battle.net and download the new streaming launcher. Wait 5-10min for it to get the first 100-500MB of data. Log in and start playing.
**"It's no secret that any correspondence between what Non says and the truth is purely coincidental"
Non

Postby KillaMachine » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:55 pm

bought , downloaded , installed the first day it offered a pre sale :)
KillaMachine

PreviousNext

Return to General