Remove Advertisements

After 4.0.1--- Do you still like your Pally?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: After 4.0.1--- Do you still like your Pally?

Postby Teranoid » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:53 am

I've actually decided to bench my paladin for the time being if anything just due to the fact I'm having too much fun with my priest and my shaman. It really has nothing to do with all the changes and more with the fact that my shaman has always been my favorite toon to play. That and I tend to get bored with classes once in a while I suppose (which with me happens all the time hence why I rolled a paladin to start with).
Teranoid

Postby PsiVen » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:08 pm

Sabindeus wrote:I'll be honest, I liked it a lot more with the 4.5s cooldown Crusader Strike. But yeah I'm still enjoying it.

Same here. I liked the new systems and the 3sec CS change just made it exactly like 969. I'm still enjoying it because it's not worse, but it's not much better either. I'm happy with the new Ret, but I wasn't displeased with it. So overall: meh.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby HollerTH » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:16 pm

Same here. I liked the new systems and the 3sec CS change just made it exactly like 969. I'm still enjoying it because it's not worse, but it's not much better either. I'm happy with the new Ret, but I wasn't displeased with it. So overall: meh.

I find I am under the meh category. Basically the reason I hated it was because I was expecting something new and was really just the exact same thing. I do however love holy now but I am still not to found of ret but I think that will grow on me.

Overall I think I am still going to reroll War and if by the time I reach 80 I still like it more I will stick with it.

EDIT: because I no spek engrish
HollerTH

Postby Diocaska » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:15 am

Amirya wrote:
Diocaska wrote:
Amirya wrote:...well, I've also quit raiding.

And with the expac 3 weeks away or so, I'm still debating on if I want to slay internet dragons or just continue being a virtual god to these little silly Sims who just will not die of old age.

On the same boat. Cannot decide what to do still. Changed my mind countless times on what I'm doing the last two months.

2 weeks to go. Still no reservation at GameStop. Still don't know.

So what was the verdict in the end? Did you decide if you'll be playing it?
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
Diocaska

Postby Amirya » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:48 pm

I'm playing.

Preordered 2 copies of Cata from Gamestop this morning, since I have a second account I'll be using.

Mind you, I'm not frothing at the mouth excited, but some of the new quests I've been doing on my new night elf mage have amused me enough to keep me looking for more.

(The quest with the dwarf, the gnome, and the orc about the day Deathwing appeared in the Badlands made me laugh pretty hard. And Rheastraza was so sad :( )
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Diocaska » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:16 am

Amirya wrote:I'm playing.

Preordered 2 copies of Cata from Gamestop this morning, since I have a second account I'll be using.

Mind you, I'm not frothing at the mouth excited, but some of the new quests I've been doing on my new night elf mage have amused me enough to keep me looking for more.

(The quest with the dwarf, the gnome, and the orc about the day Deathwing appeared in the Badlands made me laugh pretty hard. And Rheastraza was so sad :( )

I really couldn't get into my mage after 4.0.3 changes. Couldn't find love for anything bar the Enhancement Shaman, less fun than it was pre-patch, just not as bad for me personally as the Death Knight or Mage.

I think a friend has bought the copy for me, as he worked the UK Release in London. That said, I've no urge to actually play it. I miss my guildies, just don't miss the game. What was it for you that tipped the scales?
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
Diocaska

Postby Bobness » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:07 am

My Paly is currently gathering dust as I level my Warrior, I just don't feel any love for him atm...
Bobness

Postby Amirya » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:29 am

Diocaska wrote:I really couldn't get into my mage after 4.0.3 changes. Couldn't find love for anything bar the Enhancement Shaman, less fun than it was pre-patch, just not as bad for me personally as the Death Knight or Mage.

I think a friend has bought the copy for me, as he worked the UK Release in London. That said, I've no urge to actually play it. I miss my guildies, just don't miss the game. What was it for you that tipped the scales?

I won't lie, mage 4.0.3 drives me bonkers. Primary spell (AB/FB/FrB) is all 2.0+ seconds to cast. In that time, the mobs in dungeons are usually dead. So it's a lot of weak instant cast spells. Ugh.

As for what tipped it...everyone pretty much said, "you're coming back" and my boyfriend said, "you're coming back" and then it was the idea of a raid of worgen fighting the big bad wolf in karazhan with the non-combat worg pup, and the worgen hunters in this raid would have worg/wolf pets.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to General