Remove Advertisements

PTR client available for download

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: PTR client available for download

Postby Korendil » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:40 pm

Anyone know if you can still buy gems for justice points? I know on the beta, gems are 110/220 justice points, but is that true on the ptr too?
Tichondrius (US)

Image
Korendil
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:19 pm

Re: PTR client available for download

Postby rodos » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:59 pm

Korendil wrote:Anyone know if you can still buy gems for justice points? I know on the beta, gems are 110/220 justice points, but is that true on the ptr too?

Yes.

Also, Frozo is still selling things for frozen orbs and Jessica Sellers is still trading for Ink of the Sea. I think in 4.0.3 Jessica starts trading only for the new Cata ink (unavailable until actual xpac launch), not sure if Frozo stays.
User avatar
rodos
 
Posts: 1120
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:20 pm

Re: PTR client available for download

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:04 pm

The PvP gem vendors are getting removed in 4.0.1
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 10805
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: PTR client available for download

Postby Carabas » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:54 am

So far Cs and HotR still got a 4.5sec cooldown (same as beta). Do you think we'll step into 4.0 without latest improvement?
Image
Carabas
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:05 am

Re: PTR client available for download

Postby Loras » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:12 am

Carabas wrote:So far Cs and HotR still got a 4.5sec cooldown (same as beta). Do you think we'll step into 4.0 without latest improvement?

Ehm, no, they don't. Check the PTR (if you can't - yes, both skills have been on a 3 sec CD for a while now).
Image
User avatar
Loras
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:07 am

Re: PTR client available for download

Postby Carabas » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:37 am

Loras wrote:
Carabas wrote:So far Cs and HotR still got a 4.5sec cooldown (same as beta). Do you think we'll step into 4.0 without latest improvement?

Ehm, no, they don't. Check the PTR (if you can't - yes, both skills have been on a 3 sec CD for a while now).


I played yesterday on beta and Cs was still on a 4,5sec cooldown. My mates was on ptr and they have the same cd. Any clues about this problem?
Image
Carabas
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:05 am

Re: PTR client available for download

Postby djlar » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:37 am

mmo-champ has a general changes for all classes for 4.0.1, I've checked what my MM hunter is gonna lose, about 50% DPS overall, most abilities are being nerfed, I'm so going SV/BM spec now..
Image
djlar
 
Posts: 1886
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:30 am

Re: PTR client available for download

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:56 am

Carabas, the most recent PTR build (there hasn't been a new beta build for two weeks) has the cooldown on Crusader Strike reduce to 3 seconds when you spec Prot. It's not in any of the tooltips for the passive specialisation effects yet, but it works.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 6663
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: PTR client available for download

Postby Carabas » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:32 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Carabas, the most recent PTR build (there hasn't been a new beta build for two weeks) has the cooldown on Crusader Strike reduce to 3 seconds when you spec Prot. It's not in any of the tooltips for the passive specialisation effects yet, but it works.


Can't tell of the ptr on first hand (never logged, but my guildmate still confirms 4.5sec), but on beta the cd is still 3GCD (I can post the screenshot when i got home). Maybe i have to speak to the trainer and reset my feats, but nonetheless it stays 4.5sec. (why do I have to lie? maybe it is a client side problem, maybe european servers are still not up-to-date, dunno)
Image
Carabas
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:05 am

Re: PTR client available for download

Postby Flex » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:33 am

Carabas wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:Carabas, the most recent PTR build (there hasn't been a new beta build for two weeks) has the cooldown on Crusader Strike reduce to 3 seconds when you spec Prot. It's not in any of the tooltips for the passive specialisation effects yet, but it works.


Can't tell of the ptr on first hand (never logged, but my guildmate still confirms 4.5sec), but on beta the cd is still 3GCD (I can post the screenshot when i got home). Maybe i have to speak to the trainer and reset my feats, but nonetheless it stays 4.5sec. (why do I have to lie? maybe it is a client side problem)


Now it is all confusing.

Beta should be 4.5 seconds.
PTR should be 3.0 seconds (seen it and done it myself).
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 7487
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: PTR client available for download

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:47 am

Carabas wrote:Can't tell of the ptr on first hand (never logged, but my guildmate still confirms 4.5sec), but on beta the cd is still 3GCD (I can post the screenshot when i got home).


KysenMurrin wrote:(there hasn't been a new beta build for two weeks)


It's not on the Beta. It only happens on the PTR. It is not on any tooltips, and happens to anyone who has chosen Protection as their talent specialisation. It was 3 seconds for me on logging on to the PTR immediately after patching, before I reset my talents (which I did to see when the effect happens - putting your first point in Prot does it).
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 6663
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Previous

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest