Remove Advertisements

PTR client available for download

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: PTR client available for download

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:18 am

Yeah, right at the start I got a bit annoyed at Hunters running in and two-shotting mobs from range right as I was trying to run over and attack.

But, I got to level 10 and specced Prot, and I am now one-shotting mobs with Avenger's Shield.
Level 10 AoE grinding: Pull 4 mobs, Avenger's Shield, kill the one left alive.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Thornir » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:14 am

I totally love the new skills page, BTW.

And the screen you get when you ding is cool.

Also, why do warriors get a heal before I do? >.<
Many fall, but one remains. - The Stranger
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. - Patrick Stewart
Thornir

*Now with 100% more beef!*
Thornir

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:39 am

Thornir wrote:Also, why do warriors get a heal before I do? >.<

Because they're too wimpy to handle adventuring without one.
Checking out Locks on the ptr myself. Not too bad. The 40y range on offensive spells is sick.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Noradin » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:45 am

Thornir wrote:I totally love the new skills page, BTW.

And the screen you get when you ding is cool.

Also, why do warriors get a heal before I do? >.<

They are the new healing class!
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby Thornir » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:10 am

So, Thornir got copied over, and I have one initial thought:

- our rotation isn't as screwed as a lot of people want to tell me. A lot of the dummy practice is just mashing Crusader Strike/Judgment, and pressing Avenger's Shield when I can. My first 3 HoPo ability is ShoR, but then I realize that I can usually squeeze in a 1 HoPo WoG in right after, and still get another 3 HoPo ShoR off before Holy Shield fades. I haven't missed yet (I'm over hit cap, now that my libram's changed) but I would assume that I could just switch the 1 HoPo WoG out for a ShoR if my first ShoR misses. When AoE comes around, there's plenty of pauses to squeeze in a Consecrate here and there without going OOM, but I'll wait til 85 to get a full analysis.

Anyway, I'm Thornir on the US PvE realm, if anyone wants to chat. Just /join maintankadin.

Edit: Also, if Prot doesn't work out in Cata, I can totally see myself going Holy. Sooooo cool right now.
Last edited by Thornir on Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. - Patrick Stewart
Thornir

Thornir

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:15 am

Is there any working way on the PTR to move the default unit frames? I'm trying to stay away from addons on there, but it is annoying the crap out of me not being aware of my own or my target's health because they're so far out of the way. Nothing I've found to move the frames has worked so far.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fenris » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:34 am

Meh,startede downloading this morning,the direct dl part of the dowload was going at 150k/s alone...

Obviously,i had to stop it,and now i'm downloading at 60ks/s total :(

Anyone has an idea about why every time i close/open the clint,the setup/avaible/playable bar looks different?Now it reports 16gb all under setup,before it was 1g under setup,8 under avaiable :?: _ :?:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:50 pm

Instead of remembering how much you've already downloaded, it just reduces the amount remaining and starts back at 0.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby hoho » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:03 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Yeah, I'd tried to log in after it got to the "available" portion, but it was looking pretty bad, so I left it another half a Gb. After that it seems to work ok.
If you leave the game open it'll download the stuff around you first. E.g afk in dalaran and you'll get half of northerend before Kalimdor with pretty much nothing from Outland. If you close the game it'll probably download stuff in some random order
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Arianne » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Well, I just tanked a random (Old Kingdom) and it wasn't as bad as I expected. My health dropped precipitously a couple of times but not too badly most of the time and I think the holy priest healer was mostly using renew.

Instead of jumping off like most people do, I pulled the bottom of the stairs because I expected that we'd pull another pack on that one (which is how things usually go if you do it that way) and indeed, it did happen. The only reason I didn't end up losing threat on most things was that I'm not in the habit of using HW for every pull and so I hit that out of desperation hoping it'd work (since cons was on cd for another 15s and AS was on CD for another 5s). It did work and I think it was mostly that they got stunned and the DPSers killed them with AoE before they were unstunned.

I ended up using a lot of 1 point ShoRs just because I needed something to hit because the DPSers were catching up to me. My 1 point ShoR hits for 805. My 2 point ShoR hits for 2405. My 3 point ShoR hits for 4821. I'm wearing a hit capped and expertise capped set.

I find it frustrating that GC procs almost always seem to happen on the 3rd HotR, which means that I either have the choice of using the AS before the 3 point ShoR or ignoring the AS (at which point the GC proc is useless because it would have been off cooldown at that point anyway).

When GC procs frequently, it's a lot of fun because you can hit AS a lot. When GC doesn't proc (most of the time) then you end up standing around or debating on whether or not you can cast exorcism because you have nothing else to do. That situation happens about once every 30s or so.

On the end boss in OK (Volwhatever), I ended up not using AS or ShoR during the images phase because I kept feeling like I needed to save them for when the boss came back. I was severely behind on threat for that entire fight, with omen showing me as 4th on the threat meter. I had a mage, a warlock and an ele shaman in the party and I was incredibly surprised that they didn't pull aggro before the first Insanity phase.

I was constantly frustrated with consecration. I'd end up hitting it every 10s (at least) because all of the pulls in OK are AoE pulls. I didn't take the consecration mana reduction talent though and I only ran out of mana twice in the instance. The first time was when I cleansed the poison from the spiders at the beginning - I could only do 4 cleanses before I was out of mana. The second was in the middle of the instance and I realized that I had been skipping judgement for the previous couple of pulls because I'd gotten a lot of GC procs and had been using HW/Cons on cooldown because they were all AoE pulls. I didn't end up using DP though, I just used my remaining mana to judge and then ended up taking a lot of damage and had full mana afterwards (the pull near the orb switch with the guys that explode when they die).

On my second random, the hunter pet did more aggro than I did on a single target. /sigh
Last edited by Arianne on Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Arianne

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:47 pm

Unfortunately, of the four level 80s I queued up to be copied, my Paladin is the one that hasn't gone through yet. Still working on my lowbie instead, level 15 now. What's the new level for unlocking Glyphs?

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Noradin » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:59 pm

Can anyone else confirm if Word of Glory resets the swing timer?
If it does ret will think twice about using it since they not only loose the GCD and the HP but a weapon swing and seal hit as well.
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:18 pm

What specs are you guys using at lvl 80?
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Thornir » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:33 pm

Klaudandus wrote:What specs are you guys using at lvl 80?

this is my Prot spec:

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=-p4g9ao.9zi.paladin

This is my Holy spec

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=YfURdg.9zi.paladin
Thornir

Thornir

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:37 pm

Got a question, Protector of the Innocent doesn't affect other healers' output but yours, right?
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General