Is your main Horde or Alliance

Horde
41%
Alliance
59%

Total votes : 66

Re: Horde or Ally?

Postby theckhd » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:00 am

Shoju wrote:Horde. I don't play a fantasy game so that I can play myself. I play it so that I can be you know, in a fantasy setting. How else can I get away from being myself than by playing an anorexic mana addicted Female Elf, or a Lumbering Troll who has defied the grave to freeze your very soul, or any other horde alt that I have?

Humans in wow are dumb.

Barring the "not all of us play a fantasy game to roleplay" argument, there's another objection to be made here. Roleplaying involves a lot more subtlety than simply "I'm a human, therefore if I roll human I must play myself."

I mean, I know it's hard to believe, but I'm not a 6'7" blonde-haired badass with rippling biceps, rock-hard abs, a chiseled jawline, and a glare that oozes determination. But Theck is just such a badass.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Invisusira » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:02 am

wtf are you all on about I look exactly like my character
Invisusira

Postby blakk » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:04 am

Invisusira wrote:wtf are you all on about I look exactly like my character

it would be hard to pull that off seeing as all my toons are female.........
blakk

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:04 am

theckhd wrote:
Shoju wrote:Horde. I don't play a fantasy game so that I can play myself. I play it so that I can be you know, in a fantasy setting. How else can I get away from being myself than by playing an anorexic mana addicted Female Elf, or a Lumbering Troll who has defied the grave to freeze your very soul, or any other horde alt that I have?

Humans in wow are dumb.

Barring the "not all of us play a fantasy game to roleplay" argument, there's another objection to be made here. Roleplaying involves a lot more subtlety than simply "I'm a human, therefore if I roll human I must play myself."

I mean, I know it's hard to believe, but I'm not a 6'7" blonde-haired badass with rippling biceps, rock-hard abs, a chiseled jawline, and a glare that oozes determination. But Theck is just such a badass.

Precisely this. And as for escapism, I'd rather play a race I find aesthetically pleasing (human) for my getting away from reality"
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:04 am

It's true I have met him irl.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Barathorn » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:05 am

Sabindeus wrote:

It's true I have met him irl.

Must be true then.

Oh wait, Invis is female.

/facepalm.

Keep the lies simple monkey and catlord.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby sycopat » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:12 am

For the Horde!

Not that I've anything specific against the alliance. I just think they're kinda boring...
sycopat

Postby gtechman » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:13 am

Humans in wow are dumb.

Never met you before obviously. Some of the folks I have met IRL though could use this same arguement for Ally.....because they more closely resemble in-game troll models than in-game human models. :lol:
gtechman

Postby Shoju » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:28 am

Yeah. I don't want to be a human. Elves are even a little too close for my tastes, but sadly, I can't be a forsaken or troll paladin.
Shoju

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:32 am

Shoju wrote:Yeah. I don't want to be a human. Elves are even a little too close for my tastes, but sadly, I can't be a forsaken or troll paladin.

Not yet anyway >.>
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:34 am

Shoju wrote:Yeah. I don't want to be a human. Elves are even a little too close for my tastes, but sadly, I can't be a forsaken or troll paladin.

well this just makes you bad
Sabindeus

Postby halabar » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:08 am

I think the choice of race also comes down to the little things that you can't stand during your in-game time. For example, I'm so sick of a raptor mount on my troll that if I don't get another mount soon, I may race-change just to get off that pogo-stick of a mount. And I race-changed my space-goat hunter to dwarf because I was sick of getting stuck in doorways.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Korola » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:21 am

My shaman spacegoat took a boat ride to Darnassus at lvl 1. Battle kitteh is better for goat. Low profile to fit under all those doors.
Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:23 am

Korola wrote:My shaman spacegoat took a boat ride to Darnassus at lvl 1. Battle kitteh is better for goat. Low profile to fit under all those doors.

They look best on a goat though.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Chunes » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:35 am

halabar wrote:I think the choice of race also comes down to the little things that you can't stand during your in-game time. For example, I'm so sick of a raptor mount on my troll that if I don't get another mount soon, I may race-change just to get off that pogo-stick of a mount. And I race-changed my space-goat hunter to dwarf because I was sick of getting stuck in doorways.

I have a spacegoat hunter as well and yes, this sucks.
Chunes

PreviousNext

Return to General