Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Guild App Screenshot

Postby Levantine » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:05 am

I vomited in my mouth a little bit.
Levantine

Postby faithlessnub » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:44 am

so a UI like this would be an instant decline?

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/5797/wowscrnshot083006215322qy0.jpg

taken back in MC during vanilla wow ^_^
With great power comes great current squared times resistance
faithlessnub

Postby Shathus » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:19 am

faithlessnub wrote:so a UI like this would be an instant decline?

*goes off and murders a small animal in rage* =P
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:21 am

OH. MY. GOD.

that is painful.

Not that mine is a whole lot better right now, I don't know if I will ever be happy with mine.

I wish there was a way to scale the text box smaller. Font size smaller - then the box smaller. That would allow me such flexibility.
Shoju

Postby Euphoria » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:35 am

Why all the hate against the default bars? They work great with my Nostromo. Or did, before I quit.
Euphoria

Postby cerwillis » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:39 am

I suspect that the fact that sinister strike is every other button for ease-of-clicking may have contributed to his rejection. I also may be missing something more obvious...

/brb starbucks.
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby Cronus » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:00 am

knaughty wrote:We require an in-raid screenshot, because it can clearly show you a lot about whether someone is going to cut it at the high-end. Keybinds? We don't even trial people who click (healers clicking grid excepted).

Just wondering whats wrong with clicking? I can click away on my toons just as good as button pushers...if not better. I think that is a poor desicion to decline someone for clicking. Am I missing something? I do have macros set to my mouse for certain things but for the most part I spam my mouse button non stop on my spells and have no delay. I can move, click, and stay out of fire all at the same time. Just my 2 cents here.
Cronus

Postby katraya » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:04 am

That looks a lot like my UI back when I used to heal MC on my shaman. :lol:
katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:05 am

Cronus wrote:I can move, click, and stay out of fire all at the same time. Just my 2 cents here.

Do you keyboard turn?
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Chunes » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:09 am

katraya wrote:

That looks a lot like my UI back when I used to heal MC on my shaman. :lol:

Ditto here on my priest except I used some 3rd party raid bars. They still covered 90% of my 1280x1024 resolution though :(
Chunes

Postby Cronus » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:11 am

theckhd wrote:
Cronus wrote:I can move, click, and stay out of fire all at the same time. Just my 2 cents here.

Do you keyboard turn?

Heck no. I strafe and use mouse. I used to be hard core FPS before wow so I move like im storming a flag with baddies everywhere. Keyboard turn is too dam slow for me. I know where your going with this but I have trained myself to click and move with no hesitation. I am generally in the top 5 dps in 25mans. I know most cant move, click and maintain dps but I can. I might be the minority but having an app declined beacuse of that is not justified. I think if they were worried about it, take the app into a raid with fire etc and have them show their stuff.
Cronus

Postby Hokahey » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:18 am

Cronus wrote:
knaughty wrote:We require an in-raid screenshot, because it can clearly show you a lot about whether someone is going to cut it at the high-end. Keybinds? We don't even trial people who click (healers clicking grid excepted).

Just wondering whats wrong with clicking? I can click away on my toons just as good as button pushers...if not better. I think that is a poor desicion to decline someone for clicking. Am I missing something? I do have macros set to my mouse for certain things but for the most part I spam my mouse button non stop on my spells and have no delay. I can move, click, and stay out of fire all at the same time. Just my 2 cents here.

As someone who, earlier in their WoW career, raised "casual" and "clicker" to an art form by leveling to 70 and raiding Karazhan on a Shaman with 1 hand while holding my sleeping infant daughter in the other arm, I can say with some authority you will be more responsive and effective using keybinds and your mouse for targetting/movement. I don't care how wicked awesome your reflexes are, you simply can't keep up with a competent keybinder as a clicker.

In before flames.
Hokahey

Postby cerwillis » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:23 am

Cronus wrote:
theckhd wrote:

Do you keyboard turn?

Heck no. I strafe and use mouse. I used to be hard core FPS before wow so I move like im storming a flag with baddies everywhere. Keyboard turn is too dam slow for me. I know where your going with this but I have trained myself to click and move with no hesitation. I am generally in the top 5 dps in 25mans. I know most cant move, click and maintain dps but I can. I might be the minority but having an app declined beacuse of that is not justified. I think if they were worried about it, take the app into a raid with fire etc and have them show their stuff.

Keep in mind that your "Top 5 in 25mans" may equal "just above the tanks" in some guilds. Top level raids are that way because of strict requirements, and they are certainly allowed to deny people for any reason they feel is appropriate. Running a "test raid" for any applicants in order to be "fair" doesn't seem feasible.
Last edited by cerwillis on Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby Arcand » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:23 am

mlone wrote:Talk is cheap, pple obviously love to talk themselves up in their app, the screenshot reveals stuff abt their playing style that u would prefed to find out before he joins the guild rather than after. Don't compromise on it.

The screenshot allows you to make unreliable inferences about their playing style, which is not quite the same thing.
Arcand

Postby Goins2754 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:29 am

I think this is all hookey. You can tell stuff about me from my UI? Psh. What if I'm handicapped & use a pencil in my teeth to hit my keybinds? What if I have weird speedpads that allow me to keybind things in weird places. I understand that a guild can deny for whatever reason they want (yes, even if your armor looks silly) but it's their loss. And if a guild is going to be "so hardcore" [read: elitist] about my setup, then they can suck it. I wouldn't want to raid with a bunch of uptight jackasses anyway. It's probably gonna be 24 other people telling everyone how to play the classes the best way.

I can wholly understand, though, requesting a UI screenshot for clutter reasons or to see what addons they use (maybe). But keep in mind that people can raid in any way and be successful at it. I know hard mode raiders with Vanilla UIs (they're on YouTube). I know raiders in ICC in no epics that are 7/12 (Guild: Undergeared). So, for people to say you "can't" raid because of "insert reason here." They're probably wrong.

Though, "you can't raid with us" would be more appropriate.
Goins2754

PreviousNext

Return to General