Making Gold on the AH

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby oldboyz » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:54 am

AH trading is quite a dead activity now

the more day goes on, the cheapier everything is
(tx to garden&mine infinite ressource for all)

as it is now, everything will be almost free on the AH
-those who have money and urgent need for raid race (aka big gold potential)don't care anymore with craft even with the upgrade systeme (damn savage blood)
-craft only interest is now for reroll fresh "up90" ungeared or who want to go LFR the first day they hit lv100, aka cheap market. Craft cost is only about how much you value "daily cd", and due to many people don't care with margin, don't except to make money here ^^

pet market, which was a safe market, is also quite a mess
-large dupe on rare pets has totaly crashed those kind of invest
-so many pet that you don't need to buy many rare to reach achiev number

some had fun with transmo market : now at risk with the salvage spam (have a salvage lv3 and followers alway on misisons to get dozens&dozens of item from lv1 to 665!)

the new ultimate money is now "time"

so WOD is quite a revolution
-you can be poor and enjoy the game as everything cheap/free
-but i don't see a way for poor to become rich now :/
-be rich only advantage is around Black Market
oldboyz

Postby Kai » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:02 am

i wonder if that 'game time for gold' stuff will work out. given that just salvage generates quite a lot of money .. but i guess there needs to be people interested in selling their real money for online gold and there might just not be (m)any interested in that, given that gold is fairly easy to get.
Kai

Postby Worldie » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:07 pm

Maybe that was Blizzard's secret plan to kill goldsellers, make gold so easy to obtain that there's no reason to buy it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby econ21 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:51 pm

oldboyz wrote:-be rich only advantage is around Black Market

Except that there are a remarkable amount of 665 (or close) BOEs available now. I think I've seen plate/tank helm, hands, belt, shoulders, back, shield, trinkets and ring available. And that's before we come to crafted stuff. It used to be that gold was not much of an advantage in game but with no valor points, gold's becoming the main game currency and this makes me nervous about allowing official gold buying. Didn't the Diablo real auction house tell us something about that?
econ21

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:39 pm

econ21 wrote:
oldboyz wrote:-be rich only advantage is around Black Market

Except that there are a remarkable amount of 665 (or close) BOEs available now. I think I've seen plate/tank helm, hands, belt, shoulders, back, shield, trinkets and ring available.

So, the secret to getting rich this expac... "be lucky with epic BoE drops" ...
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Gracerath » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:14 pm

Getting decent stat rolls on crafted items can make you a nice chunk of change too.

Early expansion BoE's are always like winning the lottery in every expansion, not just WoD. Soon enough they'll be worth a few hundred gold at most as the content ages.

At the moment I think the best way to make consistent money is savage bloods. Everyone is now getting to the point of being ready to upgrade their crafted gear and everyone needs them. Savage bloods will suffer the same fate above unless there will be new crafted items in upcoming patches that still use them while also being relevant ilevel to the current raid tier. Of course as I post this comment, they have already dropped nearly 700g on average since I fisrt started looking to buy them so strike now while the iron is hot.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby oldboyz » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:52 am

Skye1013 wrote:So, the secret to getting rich this expac... "be lucky with epic BoE drops" ...

as everything else, price drop fast too here
-farming HM is already the standard for regular raid (even for a full PU raid : 5/7hm is an easy obective)
-next tier LFR will crash the 665 world drop

on a personal note, my balance is positive xD by 150k
+ i've sniped one lqe 20k on /2, sell it later 70k (first try try at 100k)
+ then, my 2of3 toons with salvage lv3 dropped each a 665lqe (sold around 40and50k)
- on the other hand, 1st week, i've bought the agi trinket (lucky double-side) for 90k, try to sell 170-220k for 2week, then equipped it on my hunt (my main raider) once my server early raid race was done

PS
have a look on ragnaros's pet [Hatespark the Tiny] and consider :
- on a 40raid, only 1or 2 will have it
- you have to spend at least 1h30 (worse case 3h) in LFR nightmare MC
- no more in a few week
but dupes may ruin it too soon or later:/

there were 2 at 20k on my server, catch one for me, other is waiting now at 60k xD

but
oldboyz

Postby Holyblaze » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:04 pm

It is the same ebb and flow as it ever has been I say. Blizzard has taken steps to prevent the levels of AHing that we have come to love it would seem though and as such, processes have been put into place to prevent the few to make most of the gold in the game now.

I enjoy that I can still sell an item or 4 to make some good gold, but I am so enjoying this Xpac that I like the free time to quest and explore and bash stuffs!

Bloods are selling good for me still.

LvL 91 Crafted weapons have been good items too, but as ever and has been said, those will be dirt cheap within the next 3 weeks at this rate for me. I wont craft to sell them anymore, but rather send to my alts.

Ore is a joke this time around. So very much in way of supply.
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby oldboyz » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:16 am

i've stop garden&mine
i've stop daily cd
i've stop farming savage blood (ive now 3 empty lv3 grange)
--> no more craft interest
i've reduced AH monitoring by 99% (now just 1-2/week)

regarding my previous comment, i forgot to mention that the only way to get gold in the future for the poorest will be around new blizzard gold selling service ^^
(technically, we'll buy time token with $, then put those token in AH and get gold in return from other player. no fixed price)

quite a smart move

--------------------

i then hope Blizz will fix craft
i feel like they just missed the upgrade system : savage blood is a PITA
should have been more interesting to have upgrade component from boss
for instance savage blood should be available from Nm boss
but because of lqe and AH, system should be different in fact. the basic upgrade token should still be boe, then, no more blood required but you need to personaly soak it the boss corps (then the upgrade token is bop to you, and you have to charge it over time to activate it - kind of you need 30kills, aka 1month of farming, to get 1 upgrade, aka 1 equity loot)
upgrade token soaked in HM highmaul boss --> upgrade to 670
upgrade token soaked in Mythic highmaul boss --> upgrade to 685
etc, etc
new raid --> new upgrade

which mean :
-when farming in your difficulty range, you'll be rewarded in the end by at least enought comp. to upgrade crafted gears for the unluckiest folks
-no big business around, it is bop
-raid after raid, there is still a interest to have 3 crafted gear. Then , when you get a nicer drop in a new raid, you may want to craft a new third piece
-Blizz still can allow to get upgrade component elsewhere than raid, up to them to determine it if they want to be nice with non-raider (for instance, once next tier open, previous level of upgrade may be easier to get in Dj or stable)

my 2 cents

edit lqr-bop, lqe-boe
Last edited by oldboyz on Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
oldboyz

Postby Nooska » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:58 am

LQE and LQR??

One thing on the idea of upgrade tokens, they would make the gear worthless, if you are raiding HC, tyhe gear that drops is 670, so no reaosn to use it, no, if you wanted that (and that would effectively put a stop to gearing outside of raids) you need to have the 670 token on normal mode and the intermediate one on LFR/heroic dungeons.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby oldboyz » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:40 pm

nooska,
if you can upgrade from a previous level/tier, then you "force" to farm those lower raid too in // of the progression one. i don't think Blizz want craft>raid
right now it the contrary craft<raid
it should be at least eqal xD

my suggestion allow only to use craft in compensation of bad luck during a progress *(1)
when the tier is farmed and overfarmed, of course, craft become useless, at least un sidegrade
But,
when a new tier appear with ilv+x (or go into a upper difficulty raid), after un few week, u can then upgrade your old craft ilv into a ilv+x (so depending your first new drop, you may have to change your craft to respect the 3limit)

*(1)only pb would be the lucky players too would benefit from it, as they will have the new first loot and then able to upgrade some craft too, which mean big ilv up : so progrssion design should include this fact
or a funny thing would be a raid design where u need to charge an item before be able to loot or upgrade a craft (for ex, 1boss kill= 1charge, it cost you 5 charge to be eligible for a loot, and 20 charge allow an upgrade) kind of ingame DKP system ^^

whatever

Ps. lqe/lqr
sry my bad english, forgot from where i got those acronym xD
lqe means "linked when equipped" i guess. (is it rather Boe?)
lqr is for the "bind when picked up"
oldboyz

Postby Nooska » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:19 am

Ahh yeah, it is usually (where I'mr eading) BoE and BoP for bind on equip and pick-up respectively.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Lastwolf » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:45 am

Considering it's restricted to 3 crafted slots, why not craft > raid ?
Lastwolf

Postby Njall » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:41 am

Well, the raw materials market has heated up. The new garrison daily traders are consuming a lot of resources (and the ability to create the primal crafting mat without a cooldown has created even more). 6.1 the changes to material costs of most professions to increase the resource cost of many crafted materials and removing the crafted component requirment has also had an effect.

Personally, I've seen the price of raw materials is about 2x what it was with a 5-day spike on garrison trader day. Additionally, I'm seeing a very high price for my fish due to the new fish-based stat food and making the fishing daily requirement a quest item.

That said, the iLevel 640 craftable items do not go for much though the upgrades sell fairly well (unless you're an engineer, of course).

And I'm stil selling 1 motorcycle per week for 25K. I appear to have no competition.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:53 am

Well, 6.2.3 is gonna kill crafted gear to some degree, as valor upgraded stuff will be better than crafted, unless you don't raid at all.

And while I've made buckets of gold in WoD, right now I'm down to the garrison shuffle, farming Kazzak for felblight, and making bags with my 4 tailors.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Njall » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:45 am

halabar wrote:Well, 6.2.3 is gonna kill crafted gear to some degree, as valor upgraded stuff will be better than crafted, unless you don't raid at all.

And while I've made buckets of gold in WoD, right now I'm down to the garrison shuffle, farming Kazzak for felblight, and making bags with my 4 tailors.

Valor will upgrade crafted gear. Blue post yesterday.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:56 pm

Njall wrote:
halabar wrote:Well, 6.2.3 is gonna kill crafted gear to some degree, as valor upgraded stuff will be better than crafted, unless you don't raid at all.

Valor will upgrade crafted gear. Blue post yesterday.

Yeah, they changed that yesterday.. :D

halabar

Postby halabar » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:40 pm

Bought up a pile of Coins of Many Faces to sell to ressubs in Legion.. and thinking about doing the same with Gronlings soon.

halabar

Postby Njall » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:51 am

halabar wrote:Bought up a pile of Coins of Many Faces to sell to ressubs in Legion.. and thinking about doing the same with Gronlings soon.

Or try it with that crazy wolf in Frostfire Ridge. Meanwhile, selling 1 motorcycle a week like clockwork.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:53 am

Njall wrote:
halabar wrote:Bought up a pile of Coins of Many Faces to sell to ressubs in Legion.. and thinking about doing the same with Gronlings soon.

Or try it with that crazy wolf in Frostfire Ridge. Meanwhile, selling 1 motorcycle a week like clockwork.

I'm doing bags and enchants still. shut down the other professions completely for now.

halabar

Postby jere » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:42 am

I'm still selling pets quite regularly, but it depends on the server.
jere

Postby halabar » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:54 pm

So the holidays saw a big spike in the enchanting market... plus piles of gold from Winterveil.

But things have slowed down again to where the garrison shuffle plus ship missions is still the main gold maker.

halabar

Postby halabar » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:39 am

Well.. it's now time to prepare for Legion, but Blizz has left the professions still in such a mess on Alpha from what I can tell that it's hard to know for sure how things will work. The biggest changes/questions are:

1) Removal of CDs? They've said a lot/all would be gone, which means you don't need multiple toons that can do the same crafting, but also means you'll be competing with basement dwellers and night-shift dude that can craft all day. Supply of raw mats will be the key.

2) Obliterum. Is it BoP? Is there any gating on it? What's the gating on patterns that use it?

3) Access to patterns. Seems like they are going to MoP style where you have to run all over to get patterns. Fine for mains, bad for alts.

halabar

Postby honorshammer » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:09 pm

If you've got a tailor, get all the shirt patterns you can. I think its going to be a big money maker. The new Wardrobe system is going to have people filling in all kinds of slots.
honorshammer

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:17 am

Does anyone familiar with TradeSkillMaster know if there's a way to set it up to smartly work out when selling materials is more profitable than crafting items, then post auctions accordingly?
I only sell enchant scrolls right now, but I have a lot of mats in the bank and there are a lot of enchants that aren't worth crafting because they sell below material cost. Is there a way to set it up to sell mats, but only if there aren't any crafts set up that have higher profit?
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to General