Remove Advertisements

Making Gold on the AH

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Chunes » Fri May 03, 2013 8:52 am

since you have the main money makers covered on other chars, why not just go for the one that gives you the most +dmg?

All the crafting profs are +320 to your preferred stat, with engi being a little weird in that it gives you that same bonus once every minute rather than passively all the time, but at a higher value (good for burst I suppose).
Chunes

Postby halabar » Fri May 03, 2013 9:48 am

Hmm... along that line.. alch might be the easiest to level (once past goldthorn) and I would have a headstart on tailoring with the cloth that's been gathered. Alch does provide a few other nice things when leveling/soloing.

One other gold making thought related here... my tailor has a good number now of the crafted 458 pvp patterns. I need to check what the prices are on those. I saw a lot of people leveling casters, there might be a market for that gear with new alts being leveled now...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Chunes » Fri May 03, 2013 10:34 am

Yeah if you post them at competitive prices, they'll get snatched up. They're a super fast way to get iLvl necessary to enter the progression chain for gearing.

I have bought the sets on every char I get high enough to wear them.
Chunes

Postby halabar » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:58 am

*shakes dust off AH thread*

So my current server ally side has way to many goblins, wanna-bes, and other assorted riff-raff to make much money beyond selling the mats I get from the bags from rares. Crafted gear market is camped, so I'll I'm doing otherwise is selling some gems...

However...

With the sale on transfers, I sent 3 toons to that server horde side, and I think I'm gonna have some fun. While the market is small, there are very few players on the AH, and I can see a lot of potential. First up is engineering, already selling the trinkets and cogwheels. After that will come JC/Alch/Encht. Fun thing was when I moved these toons there I had a total of maybe 1100G. So, sold two pets, and BAM!, up 22k, and ready to get rolling.

Now that I have toons and money on both side, might be looking for inequities in pet prices, and taking care of that problem on the server.. BAM!

halabar

Postby Xfighter » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:52 am

Had stopped selling tmog on my server the night before MoP launched, and started back again near the start of June. Since then managed to make 120-130k+ in net sales, which was rather nice.

Also had stopped selling DMF trinkets back in Feb, started that again for the last 2 faires, and have surprisingly still managed to make a decent profit (although not as much as the start of the expansion, thats for sure), and really hadn't been trying to make much gold from January-Marchish.

Only other sources of income have been failbags, loot drops, 2 blacksmithing weapons/month (2 toons), and 1 tailor for royal satchels.

Finally managed to make my first million gold tonight. Feels good but also "meh" since I really don't spend much these days. Feels good though considering not even a year ago (11? months ago) I was sitting at a total of 5k gold altogether due to gambling ^_^.
Xfighter

Postby halabar » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:53 am

Grats Xfighter!

I'm still stuck around 600k myself. But as you said, there's not a lot to spend it on now, unless you are a pet collector.

I'm really looking forward to the AH chaos that will be caused by the virtual realms. It will be really interesting to watch.

halabar

Postby Jabari » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:24 am

halabar wrote:Grats Xfighter!

I'm still stuck around 600k myself. But as you said, there's not a lot to spend it on now, unless you are a pet collector.

Hey, he could have spent it ALL AT ONCE the other day on my server!
(There was a Invincible's Reins on our BMAH. High bid was 999,7xx. I wonder if it was "stuck" there and couldn't go any higher! :lol: )

Though I know what you mean, I'm up to about 500k combined, and just don't even have any desire to scan/post stuff anymore. I just stock the guild bank and that's about it. *shrug*

Might make the black JC mount or something. Still want to buy the Primordious pet but can't seem to find one.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby oldboyz » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:11 am

BMAH : i saw a 999.99k on mimiron's head 2 week ago

the crazy is about the unreclamed countainers, always go 30K+ since the beginning (while you most of the time obtain very crappy stuff, from wowhead comment).
oldboyz

Postby Teranoid » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:14 am

I never understood why people bid 999,999. If you bid 955k you'll win it regardless as the next bid would go beyond the limit.
Teranoid

Postby Worldie » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:33 am

Probably hurry to put the max price asap before someone else puts it in.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby MetalM » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:06 pm

halabar wrote:
I'm really looking forward to the AH chaos that will be caused by the virtual realms. It will be really interesting to watch.

Hehehehehehehehehehehe

I'm really looking forward to this as well. The AH on my main realm isn't that active atm, although I did manage to run into a wannabe goblin last week. It was fun having a spot of AH pvp, but the poor guy had nowhere near the resources to take me on so I let him have the Engineering market and kinda took him under my wing a bit.

This is the first major patch I've actually put real effort into preparing for, and I'm counting on making a couple million when the patch drops. Well that, or be stuck with a ton of useless crud going into SHINYNEWXPACWOO :D
MetalM

Postby Newsom » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:32 am

As somone playing on a completely dead low pop realm I'm really looking forward to virtual realms. It's impossible to sell anything at the moment since there aren't enough people to buy anything. And good luck leveling a profession without farming all the materials yourself. :P

The other day I accidentally put up a crafted BoE epic for 10g, and no one had bought it when I noticed it myself several hours later. That's how dead our AH is.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby halabar » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:03 am

So, after playing around on the PTR, I discovered a few things....

Imperial Silk will be crap after 5.4, except for making bags, for two reasons.

#1 There's a new cloth that takes 10 bolts of Windwool, and it's used to make 2 BOP items, legs and belt. Yep, that's right, currently on the ptr the new crafted gear will be BOP. So no mass production of gear to sell at the high level, and a limited demand for cloth. The only bonus right now is that it doesn't require a raid drop or enchanting drop, so that might be why it's BOP.

#2 Based on a bit of testing on the PTR, all your alts will be swimming in 496 gear in a few weeks. If the drop rate on the PTR is anything close to live, I picked up ~15 of the items, either from drops or chests in about 2 hours. So any crafting of 496 or below gear will be a joke, including crafting the old PVP sets. Looks like Blizz really wants people playing their alts.

The same goes for LW and BS for the crafted gear. There's a likely impact on Enchanting as well, as I can see a flood of Sha Crystals coming.

So, question is, do I make bags now, or do I bother making BOP legs and waist for a toon that's not my main?

halabar

Postby Teranoid » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:19 pm

Bags will always be useful to the general populous. To be honest crafting 496 gear now is a joke except for the part about finding someone who actually has the patterns.
Teranoid

Postby Newsom » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:26 pm

I'm sure there are lots of patterns missing/not yet implemented on the PTR. I'd be very surprised if there isn't at least one BoE epic. 28 weeks for a pair of BoP pants seems crazy.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

PreviousNext

Return to General