Making Gold on the AH

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Flex » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:52 am

halabar wrote:Large dump of mats on my server, ore is selling decently, but it's not the bonanza that we had in Cata, due to longer time to farm, gates on crafting, and I think less crafting alts.


Longer time to farm? Are we playing the same game? I can get around 100 ore without really farming just from doing The Tillers dailies. I have to stop myself from hitting every yellow dot on the map or else I'd never get the quests done.

What professions have gated crafting? I've leveled my alt JC to 600 from ore gained while leveling my main, alt alchemy to 600, alt tailoring and enchanting to 600 from BoEs and cloth gained while leveling my main, alt inscription to 600 and my main's engineering to 600 and that took a while mainly due to the trillium bottleneck.

If anything professions are way too easy to level compared to Cataclysm requiring many fewer mats combined with only one primary ore type that is killing the ore market. Herb market will probably kick in in a week or so when raids open up.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby degre » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:17 am

Flex wrote:
halabar wrote:Large dump of mats on my server, ore is selling decently, but it's not the bonanza that we had in Cata, due to longer time to farm, gates on crafting, and I think less crafting alts.


Longer time to farm? Are we playing the same game? I can get around 100 ore without really farming just from doing The Tillers dailies. I have to stop myself from hitting every yellow dot on the map or else I'd never get the quests done.

This...

Yesterday took me forever to finish the Tillers dailies because I was mining and collecting blue items, I forced myself to stop and go to bed when I delivered over 50 blue rep items and had some 15 stacks of ore which I kept collecting because because I couldn't do two steps without finding a node, or a dirt mound.

Also, I wish I could nuke the Valley from orbit to extinguish those vermin, pray that you don't aggro one, or a whole fraggin' field will come after you. Vermin are Murlocs v2.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
User avatar
degre
 
Posts: 724
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:11 pm
Location: Oxford, UK

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby halabar » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:37 am

sigh... what would a day be without flex disagreeing with everything you say.

Compared to Cata launch, it is slower. It's also somewhat time dependent. Vot4W is certainly the prime mining spot, but you only need one or two 90s flitting around to not make it worthwhile, especially with the dropping prices.

And by gating, sure you can max your professions. BFD. But with many of the major items gated by rep requirements, SoH, and cooldowns, demand isn't where it could be.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Holyblaze » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:42 am

Yeah Hala, I dont have any issues with faming ore. Like Degre said, to much ore to mine! I dont get SHIAT done now. haha bah! So mkuch ore that I lvled BS/Engie on Holyblaze without ANY SoH's. took me hundreds of bars extra to do it like that...but lvl 85 does not colect much motes :(
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:55 am
Location: Alaska

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Holyblaze » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:48 am

I agree with you 100% on the 'gating' issue Hala. What a PAIN IN MY ASS that I need SoH's to craft the good shiat on my BS/Engie who will not be leveled any time soon.

FYI - Insciption is the lamest shiat to lvl this time around. I spent 400G to get the inks and lvled him in 5 mins. haha LAME SHIT!
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:55 am
Location: Alaska

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby halabar » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:01 am

Holyblaze wrote:I agree with you 100% on the 'gating' issue Hala. What a PAIN IN MY ASS that I need SoH's to craft the good shiat on my BS/Engie who will not be leveled any time soon.

FYI - Insciption is the lamest shiat to lvl this time around. I spent 400G to get the inks and lvled him in 5 mins. haha LAME SHIT!


See, that's the thing, you can max inscription, but that doesn't get you anything. The money is in the DMCs or in non-trained glyphs. Both of which are going to be a long process.

My spriest is 89 and has for dang SoH right now, need a bunch more just to make stuff for that toon.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Flex » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:02 am

halabar wrote:Vot4W is certainly the prime mining spot


Every place is a prime farming spot. There is no "farming area" in MoP like circling Uldum or Deepholm. Every zone is so full of ore that there is a huge potential supply out there, I often times have 4 to 6 dots on my mini map, people who don't have the engy goggles in the guild make the same comments about all of the ore and herbs out there. Even if nothing was limited by cooldowns or SOHs the supply would be so far in front of demand prices would remain low.

Also the good stuff isn't very good either. LFR level epics are meh at best.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby halabar » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:08 am

Flex wrote:Also the good stuff isn't very good either. LFR level epics are meh at best.


Considering that it will be harder to gear up in LFR, they should sell better than in Cata. Especially the offhands. However, what I really want to make are the BoA staves, which will certainly be useful as other alts are leveled.

Still boggles my mind that engineers are selling the Mists Goggles for under 1k, considering that they take 2 SoH to make, and you are just making your competition better by selling them. Should be using those SoH for scopes instead.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Holyblaze » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:32 pm

Ive sold alot fo the blue plate while lvling that off so it was not a total waste, but now stuck since I cant make it to Star City. HEY! Can a guildie that has a double mount take my pally there even if hes lvl 85? OH SNAP! Even a Lock can get me to Star City! haha DOH!

Doing the once daily shiat for Inscription is weak! Its material and I want it NOW!*see what I did there? My fellow AMericans should get that one for sure*

Leather has been good for me I have to say. Peeps sticking the scaprs up CHEAP and the Exotic's sell for 200-300% magins! well worth my AFK time on that front.

Chanting is a total waste right now on my server. I will be ganking all this low lvl shiat and selling once more peeps get into Heroics/LFR/Raid gearz.

JC seems to be a huge pile of gold as ever. The rings and necks being chief amoung them. Gems will be bank once again come LFR and to a lesser extent from Raids.
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:55 am
Location: Alaska

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:54 pm

Another fun margin to be had:
5 dust = 1 essence.

I found 5 dust selling for around 20-25 gold, yet essences sell for 40g+
DING Profit!
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:14 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby degre » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:23 pm

halabar wrote:
Flex wrote:Also the good stuff isn't very good either. LFR level epics are meh at best.


Considering that it will be harder to gear up in LFR, they should sell better than in Cata. Especially the offhands. However, what I really want to make are the BoA staves, which will certainly be useful as other alts are leveled.

Still boggles my mind that engineers are selling the Mists Goggles for under 1k, considering that they take 2 SoH to make, and you are just making your competition better by selling them. Should be using those SoH for scopes instead.

random digression
I beg to differ.

Will be harder to gear up in LFR for organised guilds facerolling LFR and assigning loot.

Will be easier to gear up in LFR for your average Joe that in DS LFR had his gear rolled by everyone and his mother because they need for MS, OS, hold hostage for exchange, griefer and so on.

on topic
I guess the main reason lots of level 90 goodies are not selling now is simply because there is hardly any level 90.
Last edited by degre on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
User avatar
degre
 
Posts: 724
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:11 pm
Location: Oxford, UK

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby econ21 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:41 am

degre wrote:Will be easier to gear up in LFR for your average Joe that in DS LFR had his gear rolled by everyone and his mother because they need for MS, OS, hold hostage for exchange, griefer and so on.


It won't make much difference at the start, when everyone wants gear. But later on, I am pretty sure the new system will make it harder to gear up. Not everyone is selfish and in my experience, it was rather common for an alt to be able to pick up a good haul of gear from clearing LFR because she needed it and many others didn't.

I think the new system may be a good move though, in trying to protect the social norms of "need/greed" in PUGs. It's still frowned upon by most PUGs for dps to need tank gear etc. But the old LFR system threatened to undermine that, as people were adopting a negative "do unto others first before they do it unto you" philosophy as in a group of 25 you'd often have one or two bad apples and the effective social pressure is much less than in a 5 man.
econ21
 
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:53 am

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Ironshaft » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:41 am

Holyblaze wrote:JC seems to be a huge pile of gold as ever. The rings and necks being chief amoung them. Gems will be bank once again come LFR and to a lesser extent from Raids.


Just a question but my guild JC who is 89 has indicated that he does not yet have access to the item level 450 neck/ring patterns. Where can he find them? I would look but I am firewalled at work.

IS
Ironshaft
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:00 am

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Winkle » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:56 am

Jade Forest i think. If it's not in your capital city its in Jade forest.

I find the whole SoH thing strange, since they're BoP but also used to create BoE gear they're almost worthless to some people but a goldmine for others.
Winkle
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:36 am

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby djlar » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:45 am

Sadly my main toon is a LW, so I'm gated, getting above 575 is a pita, you need honored with Golden Lotus to buy the 575 skill up recipe, that I think, needs SoHs for crafting, and the epic recipes exhalted, I've beeing hitting the dailies and I'm half way to honored...
Image
djlar
 
Posts: 1404
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:30 am

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby jere » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:48 am

For alliance new JC patterns are in Jade Forest at Greenstone Village I think. For Horde, I would guess the same, but haven't played my horde alt yet.
Image
User avatar
jere
 
Posts: 2384
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:12 pm

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby saif » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:50 am

Any suggestion on what to do with the massive amount of cloth piling up?

I cannot move it on the AH by itself, nor the PvP set which is flooded. Other than DEing the PvP set, which doesn't seem cost effective, is there any avenue for its use?
saif
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:29 pm

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Bellanka » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:14 am

saif wrote:Any suggestion on what to do with the massive amount of cloth piling up?

I cannot move it on the AH by itself, nor the PvP set which is flooded. Other than DEing the PvP set, which doesn't seem cost effective, is there any avenue for its use?


There's a bracer pattern that costs 3 bolts. Most efficient use of DE materials I've found as of yet. Our raiders throw them in the gbank, my alt crafts and DEs them.

We now have an entire bank tab full of enchanting materials, from dust to Sha Crystals, ready to go. We'll be flooding the market with them instead of stockpiling for raider enchants if this keeps up :|
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby halabar » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:36 am

If you can effectively farm the SoH, there's pvp patterns that can be purchased, those are selling quite well right now.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby halabar » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:45 pm

halabar wrote:If you can effectively farm the SoH, there's pvp patterns that can be purchased, those are selling quite well right now.


Do check your market first though...

I bought the full tailoring PVP set for just a bit over 2k. The same for the leather set would cost about 10k right now.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby halabar » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:50 pm

Frustration.. selling pets.

Too many competitors, too many dumping pets on the AH, too many willing to sell no where near earlier values... bah.. might just dump them all to really bury the market.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Xfighter » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:12 am

Logged in today to find all buckles on the AH were bought out, and living steel was ~1400/ea, so promptly bought 8 of them and posted 8 buckles at 2500/ea. Within 30 seconds, sold 1, and before I went to raid had sold 4. Sadly got undercut doing the raid, but have since reposted for ~2350/ea, so still making nearly 1k on them if they sell by tomorrow.


And crafted pvp chest/legs still selling rather well, mats are ~100-140g, both sell for 800-1200 depending on the day.
Xfighter
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:05 pm

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby djlar » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:28 am

OK big sellers last night, meaning big price tags:

- Living Steel buckles: 2500
- New metas: 2900
- Flasks: 399g each
- Potions: 350g a stack
- Rare leg enchants: 1499g
- Uncommon leg enchants: 499g (which I sold like 10 of those!)
- Rare shoulder enchant: 499g
- Epic shoulder enchant: 2999g

Just to mention a few, mats for feasts are thru the roof, say 1 turnip is 9g and you need like 100.. so do the math
Image
djlar
 
Posts: 1404
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:30 am

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby jere » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:06 am

Think the veggie prices will drop once more people rep up with the tillers or do you think it will stay high?
Image
User avatar
jere
 
Posts: 2384
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:12 pm

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby halabar » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:24 am

jere wrote:Think the veggie prices will drop once more people rep up with the tillers or do you think it will stay high?


Hard to say, some will get bored, some are using the mats themselves for the dailies, and you need to turn in veggies to get more tokens.

When you have a lot of 16-plot farms, it might, but it will be a while.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest