Making Gold on the AH

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby halabar » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:28 am

Will be interesting to see the wave in ore prices this weekend. I'm expecting a boost on Friday as new players suck up all the supply, another boost Sat morning for the same reason, and then a gradual crash as the kids that farm bury the AH in supply.

I'm at 7200 in ore sales, would be higher but I leveled some of my Eng and JC.

Took a look at pet prices, and I may sit on the bench for a while on this. the unwashed masses have started dumping every pet under the sun, at prices that make it not worth me getting seriously in that market. I might have to wait for supplies to dry up before going after it. I'm even considering flipping some pets. Saw the clockwork gnome for 1500, and even the magical crawdad for 1500. I'd sell mine, but not that cheap. So when the masses have sold off their rares cheap, there might be room to make some real money from this. But not yet... (will watch this weekend to see if there's a sudden demand from the new players first hitting it).
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:06 pm

Levelled up my Alchemy today and think I got pretty much every recipe discovered. Taking a chance on Living Steel, dunno if it's selling yet but right now the price of one bar is way, way over the cost of 60 ghost iron bars to transmute.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4810
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby halabar » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:33 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Levelled up my Alchemy today and think I got pretty much every recipe discovered. Taking a chance on Living Steel, dunno if it's selling yet but right now the price of one bar is way, way over the cost of 60 ghost iron bars to transmute.


Sales might be slow until the crafters that can use it catch up. Danger is that the masses might panic and dump because of that if they don't get immediate sales. If you have the pockets and the bars are cheap enough, you might want to suck some up to prevent flooding.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Holyblaze » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:12 am

Okay fellow Goblins.

I sold alot of stacks of ore for 100g an ore in the first few hours. Went to bed at 6:30am server time and BAM! By the end of the fisrt full day in MoP..the ore was down to 10g each. WTF! So much supply out there. I almost lvl by mining! I think that they might nerf the node spawn rates like they did in Cata. haha hell...even cloth is droping for me like rain!

I have sold 2 living steel's for 4500g each! LOVE IT! Wish I had more ALchy's now. haha BAH!

With the price of ore and cloth so low I have lvled BS, Engie and Tailoring. LW even. SO DAMN LOW ON MAT COSTS!
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:55 am
Location: Alaska

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Flex » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:30 am

Holyblaze wrote:With the price of ore and cloth so low I have lvled BS, Engie and Tailoring. LW even. SO DAMN LOW ON MAT COSTS!


My theory is that they designed node spawns around "getting what you need without farming."
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Cogglamp » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:42 am

They're low on a relative basis but anything over 50g a stack is pretty good. Most of my realms are still chugging along at 75-150g/stack.

There are still gross inefficiencies right now. Most of them being in the enchanting market with the ability to convert materials (especially Essences) in certain directions. Sha leather to Exotic leather hasn't been fully flushed out and neither has cloth/bolts and prospecting of gems. Enchants are beginning to move which is nice so establishing your market price is important.

It's still been a gold bonanza. You have to do a little more work than we did in Cata but the profits are still there.
Cogglamp
 
Posts: 726
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:04 am

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:23 pm

Sold 2 Living Steel to a buyer who offered 2500. Market price was around 2800 a the time but not selling, and the mats are 750g (250g per stack of Ghost Iron Bar, 2 ore is about same price as bars atm so I don't bother smelting), so making 1750g a bar, not bad.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4810
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby oldboyz » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:13 am

same on my serveur : massive raw mat at AH while customers are not yet here (the hardcore lv90 ready to raid are very few while they almost all know in their guild the right people to get cheap stuff)

i've bought large stock of ore, around 40k,(all stack under 220po) but not yet any profit in JC and enchant. i xp rather than relist on AH
now ghost iron ore is still around 10-12 po for several day now and still many available
JC : this week end, i've bought all nicer gemms below 200po (around 15k), hope i will get some ROI on it
enchant : market is low. i'm not enought confident to buy all & relist (shuffle can kill me if ore go down)

i find herbs quite expansive : around 6-10po with large large stock on AH (15pages+)
while market not yet ready to buy flask & shoulder enchant (and the first price for it is quite low, i've bought all shoulder enchant below 500po and relist 1k)
i feel very unconfortable with Inscription as glyph market is dead for long (many compet, glyphs are around 50po - margins is too low to be interesting for me)
oldboyz
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:48 am

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby halabar » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:28 am

Large dump of mats on my server, ore is selling decently, but it's not the bonanza that we had in Cata, due to longer time to farm, gates on crafting, and I think less crafting alts. I've been selling some ore, but buying herbs as I can't be bothered to try to level an herber right now while still leveling my mains.

Leather is a real dissapointment. Spent 2 hours skinning on Sat, got 2 of the Hides, 4 stacks of the leather, and 20 stack of the "scraps", only the regular leather sold, far too many skinners out there, prices were way down expect for the hides, but no one is buying those. (Maybe few LW left?..)

As soon as my spriest hits 90, the hunter will go back out to level more, mostly by mining. I saw 5-6 trillium nodes out leveling, so I have an idea where they are now.

Looks like the real money this expac might be later on with the living steel transmutes, flasks, and JC. There's too many people out farming this go around, and the SoH are slowing things down.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby halabar » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:45 am

Another thing.. looking at the price dumping, this may also quickly be the expac where I post on Fri, then stay the hell away from the AH until Tuesday. Too many goobers that undercut by 50% or more just to get a quick buck. Really.. I was selling Ghost Iron Dragonlings at 1150, and a few goobers came along and lowered the price to 350. Why? Even if you are making them to level, you still have to wait a little bit for them to sell, dumping the price because they are not selling like the gems did when LFR first hit doesn't mean they won't sell. People are idiots.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby halabar » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:55 am

Another thing... Advanced Trade Skill Window crashes WoW every time since some hotfix Blizz did when trying to access for Alchemy.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby halabar » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:05 am

Finally, 6000 JCers on my server cratering the prices of gems. Hope it recovers some once socketed gear is available.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:17 am

halabar wrote:Finally, 6000 JCers on my server cratering the prices of gems. Hope it recovers some once socketed gear is available.


if i ever server transfer I think I want to go to Halabar's server
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 6043
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:23 am

I've got cloth coming out the wazoo. I managed to cap Tailoring, Enchanting, and First Aid prior to lvl 90 with the amount of cloth I had obtained. Now I've taken to converting it to bolts just so I can save bag space. Currently some of the PvP gear is selling decently (500g for bracers, 750g for belts, 1k for gloves, since I've been the only person posting them.) Not much of the rest has been selling, so I'm guessing those are the big "holes" for clothies at the moment or not as many people crafting them for whatever reason. It's a nice profit margin considering the bolts are ~20g each and cloth was ~1g each last time I checked it. 4x bolts (~80g or ~20g if you pick up the cloth) for 1 pvp piece to sell at 500g+? I'll take it.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3537
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby djlar » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:30 am

Someone crashed the enchanting market, most new enchants are 10-20g a piece... some are even less than 1g! (160 haste to gloves)

Also the green boes are 10-20g each.. not worh it..
Image
djlar
 
Posts: 1409
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:30 am

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Flex » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:52 am

halabar wrote:Large dump of mats on my server, ore is selling decently, but it's not the bonanza that we had in Cata, due to longer time to farm, gates on crafting, and I think less crafting alts.


Longer time to farm? Are we playing the same game? I can get around 100 ore without really farming just from doing The Tillers dailies. I have to stop myself from hitting every yellow dot on the map or else I'd never get the quests done.

What professions have gated crafting? I've leveled my alt JC to 600 from ore gained while leveling my main, alt alchemy to 600, alt tailoring and enchanting to 600 from BoEs and cloth gained while leveling my main, alt inscription to 600 and my main's engineering to 600 and that took a while mainly due to the trillium bottleneck.

If anything professions are way too easy to level compared to Cataclysm requiring many fewer mats combined with only one primary ore type that is killing the ore market. Herb market will probably kick in in a week or so when raids open up.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby degre » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:17 am

Flex wrote:
halabar wrote:Large dump of mats on my server, ore is selling decently, but it's not the bonanza that we had in Cata, due to longer time to farm, gates on crafting, and I think less crafting alts.


Longer time to farm? Are we playing the same game? I can get around 100 ore without really farming just from doing The Tillers dailies. I have to stop myself from hitting every yellow dot on the map or else I'd never get the quests done.

This...

Yesterday took me forever to finish the Tillers dailies because I was mining and collecting blue items, I forced myself to stop and go to bed when I delivered over 50 blue rep items and had some 15 stacks of ore which I kept collecting because because I couldn't do two steps without finding a node, or a dirt mound.

Also, I wish I could nuke the Valley from orbit to extinguish those vermin, pray that you don't aggro one, or a whole fraggin' field will come after you. Vermin are Murlocs v2.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
User avatar
degre
 
Posts: 724
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:11 pm
Location: Oxford, UK

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby halabar » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:37 am

sigh... what would a day be without flex disagreeing with everything you say.

Compared to Cata launch, it is slower. It's also somewhat time dependent. Vot4W is certainly the prime mining spot, but you only need one or two 90s flitting around to not make it worthwhile, especially with the dropping prices.

And by gating, sure you can max your professions. BFD. But with many of the major items gated by rep requirements, SoH, and cooldowns, demand isn't where it could be.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Holyblaze » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:42 am

Yeah Hala, I dont have any issues with faming ore. Like Degre said, to much ore to mine! I dont get SHIAT done now. haha bah! So mkuch ore that I lvled BS/Engie on Holyblaze without ANY SoH's. took me hundreds of bars extra to do it like that...but lvl 85 does not colect much motes :(
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:55 am
Location: Alaska

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Holyblaze » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:48 am

I agree with you 100% on the 'gating' issue Hala. What a PAIN IN MY ASS that I need SoH's to craft the good shiat on my BS/Engie who will not be leveled any time soon.

FYI - Insciption is the lamest shiat to lvl this time around. I spent 400G to get the inks and lvled him in 5 mins. haha LAME SHIT!
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:55 am
Location: Alaska

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby halabar » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:01 am

Holyblaze wrote:I agree with you 100% on the 'gating' issue Hala. What a PAIN IN MY ASS that I need SoH's to craft the good shiat on my BS/Engie who will not be leveled any time soon.

FYI - Insciption is the lamest shiat to lvl this time around. I spent 400G to get the inks and lvled him in 5 mins. haha LAME SHIT!


See, that's the thing, you can max inscription, but that doesn't get you anything. The money is in the DMCs or in non-trained glyphs. Both of which are going to be a long process.

My spriest is 89 and has for dang SoH right now, need a bunch more just to make stuff for that toon.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Flex » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:02 am

halabar wrote:Vot4W is certainly the prime mining spot


Every place is a prime farming spot. There is no "farming area" in MoP like circling Uldum or Deepholm. Every zone is so full of ore that there is a huge potential supply out there, I often times have 4 to 6 dots on my mini map, people who don't have the engy goggles in the guild make the same comments about all of the ore and herbs out there. Even if nothing was limited by cooldowns or SOHs the supply would be so far in front of demand prices would remain low.

Also the good stuff isn't very good either. LFR level epics are meh at best.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby halabar » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:08 am

Flex wrote:Also the good stuff isn't very good either. LFR level epics are meh at best.


Considering that it will be harder to gear up in LFR, they should sell better than in Cata. Especially the offhands. However, what I really want to make are the BoA staves, which will certainly be useful as other alts are leveled.

Still boggles my mind that engineers are selling the Mists Goggles for under 1k, considering that they take 2 SoH to make, and you are just making your competition better by selling them. Should be using those SoH for scopes instead.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Holyblaze » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:32 pm

Ive sold alot fo the blue plate while lvling that off so it was not a total waste, but now stuck since I cant make it to Star City. HEY! Can a guildie that has a double mount take my pally there even if hes lvl 85? OH SNAP! Even a Lock can get me to Star City! haha DOH!

Doing the once daily shiat for Inscription is weak! Its material and I want it NOW!*see what I did there? My fellow AMericans should get that one for sure*

Leather has been good for me I have to say. Peeps sticking the scaprs up CHEAP and the Exotic's sell for 200-300% magins! well worth my AFK time on that front.

Chanting is a total waste right now on my server. I will be ganking all this low lvl shiat and selling once more peeps get into Heroics/LFR/Raid gearz.

JC seems to be a huge pile of gold as ever. The rings and necks being chief amoung them. Gems will be bank once again come LFR and to a lesser extent from Raids.
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:55 am
Location: Alaska

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:54 pm

Another fun margin to be had:
5 dust = 1 essence.

I found 5 dust selling for around 20-25 gold, yet essences sell for 40g+
DING Profit!
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:14 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 1 guest

cron

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 1 guest