Remove Advertisements

Making Gold on the AH

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:39 pm

Pyrite ore... Biggest waste in Cata?
Ive got about 20-30 stacks lying around in my bank-alt's guild bank.
Totally forgot about it when I unsubbed, just saw it again today.
What should I do with it?
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby rodos » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:03 am

masterpoobaa wrote:Pyrite ore... Biggest waste in Cata?
Ive got about 20-30 stacks lying around in my bank-alt's guild bank.
Totally forgot about it when I unsubbed, just saw it again today.
What should I do with it?

If you can afford the space, hold onto it. The price of Titanium was rock bottom at the end of Wrath, but has recovered quite nicely now that all the stockpiles are gone and supply is low. Titanium price is probably being propped up a little by enchanting rods (which will be going away), but mostly for Titansteel for Choppers (and maybe a few other things like Jeeves).

So, I'm predicting that Pyrium may still be in demand throughout Mists for Truegold, which is needed for Vial of the Sands, and maybe some transmog gear. I haven't looked at looked at it lately but belt buckles might be a leveling recipe for Mists blacksmiths too.
rodos

Postby masterpoobaa » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:56 pm

Fair enough. I had it in the bank for so long I had forgotten about it, so its not as if I need to dispose of it for gold.
Only worth 1g each now. 20g for a stack... might even buy more?
In the bank it will sit.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby halabar » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:15 pm

masterpoobaa wrote:Fair enough. I had it in the bank for so long I had forgotten about it, so its not as if I need to dispose of it for gold.
Only worth 1g each now. 20g for a stack... might even buy more?
In the bank it will sit.

If you have the space, and the gold, perhaps buy a bit more. Thing to remember is it will sell, but you need to make bars and other stuff. Turn it into 3 or 4 forms.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Mannstein » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:31 am

hey,

Just wasted 350k on White Wholly Rhino and "whatshisname" hippogrif (both TCG) directly of the AH.

What's up with this? They had one of each in the AH (About 6different mounts)... Is there any new exploit out there? (Almost spent another 300k on the chicken).

P.S. The seller also offered the Amany dragon for 100k outside AH, but i didn't want lose the money.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby halabar » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:54 am

Mannstein wrote:hey,

Just wasted 350k on White Wholly Rhino and "whatshisname" hippogrif (both TCG) directly of the AH.

What's up with this? They had one of each in the AH (About 6different mounts)... Is there any new exploit out there? (Almost spent another 300k on the chicken).

P.S. The seller also offered the Amany dragon for 100k outside AH, but i didn't want lose the money.

Maybe dupers, maybe card sharks, hard to say. When in doubt, buy from the AH, not from trade, you were a wise man.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby rodos » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:33 pm

halabar wrote:
Mannstein wrote:hey,

Maybe dupers, maybe card sharks, hard to say. When in doubt, buy from the AH, not from trade, you were a wise man.

I recently picked up a Deathcharger for 26k on the AH (avoided the trade barkers), and a Vial of the Sands (also on AH) for less than the price of the vendor mats. There's a couple of TCG mounts up on my AH, but nothing really suspicious.
rodos

Postby Holyblaze » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:35 pm

Yeah so...I never buy the mounts in game. Only the Blizz Store ones. Where do I look for all these mounts on the AH?
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby degre » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:10 pm

in the mounts tab?
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby rodos » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:19 pm

Holyblaze wrote:Yeah so...I never buy the mounts in game. Only the Blizz Store ones. Where do I look for all these mounts on the AH?

Miscellaneous -> Mount

Edit: And right now some guy has 4 Vial of the Sands up for 20k each. Well under vendor mat prices. Someone has a Sands of Time up for < 2k. :evil:
rodos

Postby Holyblaze » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:30 am

I did find them...super spensive!
Holyblaze

Postby Mannstein » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:16 am

Hy...

Someone bought the TCG chicken mount... I should have bought it...
Now only the lvl20 Spectral Tiger is for sale at 400k... I already have the lvl40 so no fun for me...
Guess i'm back at hoarding gold for the BMAH.

Can't find any herbs at less that 36gold per stack... I'm afraid i won't have enough stock for the next patch.
I have from 200+ Ink of the Sea to 100+ Midnight Inks...
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby Holyblaze » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:52 pm

Manns...sry to hear the herbs are still that high. DO you have a low pop server? There is a TON og old gold on my server so the rare stuff is still SUPER high. Most everything else is nice and low.

haha funny thing is an AH Goblin took over the HS market and started it all over at 125g each! I ganked some crystals for 64g each and shattered them for 2 HS and posted at 75g each. Gooder fun!

Also my fellow Goblins, remember that all the people that will be chaning proffesions will need new bags for them all. Buy them materials now while they are SUPER cheap and craft some up.
Holyblaze

Postby masterpoobaa » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:46 pm

Holyblaze wrote:remember that all the people that will be chaning proffesions will need new bags for them all.

Agreed. While the price of frostweave is highish, netherweave cloth for goold ole Neatherweave bags is dirt cheap on our server, less than a gold per stack.
masterpoobaa

Postby Nooska » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:28 am

masterpoobaa wrote:
Holyblaze wrote:remember that all the people that will be chaning proffesions will need new bags for them all.

Agreed. While the price of frostweave is highish, netherweave cloth for goold ole Neatherweave bags is dirt cheap on our server, less than a gold per stack.

Somebody is losing money, I still remember the bottom price of netherweave being set by heavy neatherweave bandages - iirc 3g per stack is a loss on the AH (due to AH cut)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

PreviousNext

Return to General