Remove Advertisements

Making Gold on the AH

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Digren » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:46 am

amh wrote:The 50-items-per-minute limit on the mailbox is getting pretty annoying. I might have to cut down on amount of glyphs I create of each type, just so I don't have to spend half an hour between cancelling and relisting everything. Made a new record yesterday, when cancelling 1200 auctions >.>

Reloading your UI resets the timer. Depending on the time left, it's often faster.

It's /reloadui or /console reloadui() or something depending on what addons you have installed.
Digren

Postby daemonym » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:09 am

Digren wrote:
amh wrote:The 50-items-per-minute limit on the mailbox is getting pretty annoying. I might have to cut down on amount of glyphs I create of each type, just so I don't have to spend half an hour between cancelling and relisting everything. Made a new record yesterday, when cancelling 1200 auctions >.>

Reloading your UI resets the timer. Depending on the time left, it's often faster.

It's /reloadui or /console reloadui() or something depending on what addons you have installed.

/reload
/reload ui
/console reloadui
/console reload ui

Those are all of your options. I put it into a macro bound to control+3 on my bankers for easy access.

And if I happen to have something to read (such as MTadin) I'll use the reload macro to collect the mail. On an average day in UC it takes about 25 seconds +/- to collect a set of 50 mails, another 15ish to finish reloading and restart the process. So it saves a noticeable amount of time when collecting an ass ton of mail. But again, the option to go out to the store or get some lunch while automatically collecting your mail while you're out and about is just awesome, so the addOn mailOpener is great.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:23 am

I don't know exactly which addons enable it, but /rl might also work. Does for me (I didn't realise it was an addon thing, but apparently it is). Much quicker than the alternatives.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby amh » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:28 pm

Price-check: Spellsurge. Wowhead says 1001g. Outdated?
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Chunes » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:56 pm

I wouldn't ever use wowhead as an accurate indication of what an item should be sold for. That formula will sell for whatever your server's market will tolerate, it may be around 1k gold, it may be 10 gold.

I have not seen any spellsurge scrolls nor have I seen the enchant itself, so either it's rare and nobody has it on my backwater server, or those that do have it do not waste the time crafting scrolls of spellsurge since there is no demand.

I'm just guessing, but based on the proc of the enchant it seems like it wouldn't be a popular enchant.
Chunes

Postby amh » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:11 pm

Chunes wrote:That formula will sell for whatever your server's market will tolerate, it may be around 1k gold, it may be 10 gold.

While true, wowhead is often used for price-checks when people buy stuff, at least over here. Just wondering if anyone's seen it lately. I didn't have the highest expectations for it, but at least it was a drop, not something I wanted to shift for some easy gold. :)
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:13 pm

Every healer worth their salt used to have a spellsurge weapon and weapon swapped to get the proc since it would go off almost as soon as the ICD was up and then swap back to their usual weapons. When they killed weapon swapping for casters they killed Spellsurge.
Levantine

Postby Shamora » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:21 pm

If anything you might be able to sell it at a stupid high price to collectors.
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Warsong, Horde - <Orbit>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 90 Assassination Rogue
Shamora

Postby daemonym » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:15 pm

Shamora wrote:If anything you might be able to sell it at a stupid high price to collectors.

Sound advice here. I've managed to flip a few rare world drop recipes to collectors such as demon slaying and superior striking. Bought them out for about 100g and resold within a week at 600g. Besides if nothing else, what do you have to lose for listing it for 600g other than 3.8 seconds of your time?
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby hoho » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:10 am

daemonym wrote:rare world drop recipes to collectors such as demon slaying
Demonslaying is rare? I think I have at least 4-5 of them on various alts, haven't been able to sell them even for 10g so far
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Chunes » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:40 am

hoho wrote:
daemonym wrote:rare world drop recipes to collectors such as demon slaying
Demonslaying is rare? I think I have at least 4-5 of them on various alts, haven't been able to sell them even for 10g so far

As with all things AH, ymmv greatly.
Chunes

Postby Jasari » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:13 am

Wow, I decided to check out the armory AH and it's pretty awesome. Being able to post things directly from my mailbox to the AH, especially with the "relist" button. I sort of hope they redo the in game AH UI to look more like the armory version of it.
Jasari

Postby cds4850 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:32 am

Jasari wrote:Wow, I decided to check out the armory AH and it's pretty awesome. Being able to post things directly from my mailbox to the AH, especially with the "relist" button. I sort of hope they redo the in game AH UI to look more like the armory version of it.

Huh, now I'm confused. I thought ALL remote AH access was in beta, both the phone application as well as armory based portal.
cds4850

Postby Marwan » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:34 am

cds4850 wrote:
Jasari wrote:Wow, I decided to check out the armory AH and it's pretty awesome. Being able to post things directly from my mailbox to the AH, especially with the "relist" button. I sort of hope they redo the in game AH UI to look more like the armory version of it.

Huh, now I'm confused. I thought ALL remote AH access was in beta, both the phone application as well as armory based portal.

It technically is. It's in open beta on all realms now. Basically they're having people test it out, and giving them a tease of the service for free before they go LIVE and start charging $2.99 a month for the service.
Marwan

Postby Jasari » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:41 am

Marwan wrote:
cds4850 wrote:

It technically is. It's in open beta on all realms now. Basically they're having people test it out, and giving them a tease of the service for free before they go LIVE and start charging $2.99 a month for the service.

This.

It's available to anyone for free right now, but is limited to only 25 transactions per day (which takes about 5 minutes to use up). I still probably won't pay for it when it "goes live", but will take advantage of reposting a handful of auctions during lunch while it's free.
Jasari

PreviousNext

Return to General