Remove Advertisements

Making Gold on the AH

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Kelaan » Fri May 28, 2010 9:46 pm

How do you scan the AH while crafting? whenever I am using the auction house, it closes the window if I open a crafting window.
Kelaan

Postby daemonym » Fri May 28, 2010 10:41 pm

Kelaan wrote:How do you scan the AH while crafting? whenever I am using the auction house, it closes the window if I open a crafting window.

auctioneer has a function in the AH window section called 'protect AH window" that basically says that the window will never close unless you run away from the npc.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat May 29, 2010 3:42 am

It also changes behaviour depending on your monitor, when I swapped to a widescreen I became able to open three normal sized windows at once, or the AH window + one other (though some windows still close the AH, like Social).
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Arnock » Sat May 29, 2010 7:26 pm

not so much depending on monitor, you can do this without addons or a big monitor, just adjust the UI scale in your video settings until it allows you to keep it open.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Rhivath » Sat May 29, 2010 7:32 pm

I don't know what happened but the herb farmers all went away on Silver Hand Alliance. I was making a lot of gold off enchants/armor vellum/glyphs by buying Tiger Lily/Deadnettle for like 4-5g a stack and going nuts, but lately there is barely more than 3-4 stacks of any Northrend herb up, and usually it's someone trying to sell them for 300g a stack. The people I used to buy from don't appear to post anymore, and it really sucks for my profits :(

I guess I'll try to abuse a different profession but it was sooo easy :cry:
Rhivath - Alliance Paladin of Silver Hand
And many many alts!
Rhivath

Postby Gracerath » Sat May 29, 2010 11:57 pm

Rhivath wrote:I don't know what happened but the herb farmers all went away on Silver Hand Alliance. I was making a lot of gold off enchants/armor vellum/glyphs by buying Tiger Lily/Deadnettle for like 4-5g a stack and going nuts, but lately there is barely more than 3-4 stacks of any Northrend herb up, and usually it's someone trying to sell them for 300g a stack. The people I used to buy from don't appear to post anymore, and it really sucks for my profits :(

Sounds like this happened on several servers a week or two ago if I recall correctly. My server's farmers came back finally and I bought 45 stacks of icethorn at my normal price plus several stacks of Ink of the Sea. I have stockpiled over 1k IotS and I'm debating on going for more. I'm trying my best to buy up all the reasonably cheap raw mats/inks I can forcing the other glyph makers to have to farm themselves or rely on the more expensive stacks to keep their glyphs flowing. The farmers are out in force though so I dont know if I'll be able to keep up.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun May 30, 2010 3:28 am

My server recently had a progressed raid guild transfer in so they could try for the server number 1 spot (we are a terrible server), since then the number of raw mats on the AH has dropped off a lot, and from what I've heard they have a bunch of bank toons who are trying to drive people out of most of the markets by buying up mats and tanking prices on goods using their stockpiles. So far I'm still finding it possible to make money, but the drop off in cheap raw materials is noticable.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby amh » Sun May 30, 2010 8:59 am

The 50-items-per-minute limit on the mailbox is getting pretty annoying. I might have to cut down on amount of glyphs I create of each type, just so I don't have to spend half an hour between cancelling and relisting everything. Made a new record yesterday, when cancelling 1200 auctions >.>
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Arnock » Sun May 30, 2010 12:07 pm

Gracerath wrote:
Rhivath wrote:I don't know what happened but the herb farmers all went away on Silver Hand Alliance. I was making a lot of gold off enchants/armor vellum/glyphs by buying Tiger Lily/Deadnettle for like 4-5g a stack and going nuts, but lately there is barely more than 3-4 stacks of any Northrend herb up, and usually it's someone trying to sell them for 300g a stack. The people I used to buy from don't appear to post anymore, and it really sucks for my profits :(

Sounds like this happened on several servers a week or two ago if I recall correctly. My server's farmers came back finally and I bought 45 stacks of icethorn at my normal price plus several stacks of Ink of the Sea. I have stockpiled over 1k IotS and I'm debating on going for more. I'm trying my best to buy up all the reasonably cheap raw mats/inks I can forcing the other glyph makers to have to farm themselves or rely on the more expensive stacks to keep their glyphs flowing. The farmers are out in force though so I dont know if I'll be able to keep up.

similar thing happened on Llane over the last few weeks, farmers only started to come back in the last few days.
Arnock

Postby Santcuff » Mon May 31, 2010 3:22 am

On the subject of getting mail I've been using this addon for almost a year now Mail Opener

It automatically refreshes your mailbox every 10 seconds and combined with postal will automatically open all your mail.
daemonym wrote:Crazy? I was crazy once...
Santcuff

Postby amh » Mon May 31, 2010 7:21 am

Santcuff wrote:Mail Opener

x.O

Thanks!
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Santcuff » Mon May 31, 2010 9:08 am

amh wrote:
Santcuff wrote:Mail Opener

x.O

Thanks!

Yeah almost no one knows about that addon. It's wonderful
Santcuff

Postby Arnock » Mon May 31, 2010 9:39 am

quickauctions has a built in opener as well.

New mail becomes available after 60 seconds, so refreshing every 10 seconds is a bit of a waste.
Arnock

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon May 31, 2010 9:57 am

I've just been manually doing a /rl after each batch of 50.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Santcuff » Mon May 31, 2010 10:24 am

Arnock wrote:quickauctions has a built in opener as well.

New mail becomes available after 60 seconds, so refreshing every 10 seconds is a bit of a waste.

Well it only starts refreshing after there is no more mail to be picked up in the mailbox already so by that time there is usually only 15 or so seconds left.
Santcuff

PreviousNext

Return to General