Making Gold on the AH

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby halabar » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:19 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Does anyone familiar with TradeSkillMaster know if there's a way to set it up to smartly work out when selling materials is more profitable than crafting items, then post auctions accordingly?
I only sell enchant scrolls right now, but I have a lot of mats in the bank and there are a lot of enchants that aren't worth crafting because they sell below material cost. Is there a way to set it up to sell mats, but only if there aren't any crafts set up that have higher profit?

Enchants swing too much day to day to rely on TSM to pick that up, and you can also fall prey to resets. Better to just create a craft list manually for the ones you know are consistently profitable.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:23 pm

another thing if you are the type to go deal in old mats...

Look at all those old mats for the new mog enchants...

halabar

Postby Worldie » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:23 pm

"mog enchant"?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:57 pm

Worldie wrote:"mog enchant"?

enchants just for the visual effect that go on top of whatever else you have.

halabar

Postby MetalM » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:22 am

If you're looking to make a pile before Legion, I would very much suggest stocking up on older materials for the launch of the wardrobe. Materials for things like the Felsteel Longblade can be quite hard to come by these days, and I'm quite confident you'll be able to scalp people for massive amounts while they're still floating on the piles of gold WoD barfed out everywhere. Everyone will be much more aware of unusual models once they can see them ingame without addons like Mogit, and if there's one thing people love to do online, it's spend ludicrous amounts on pretty pixels.

I, for one, plan to be on the supply rather than demand side of that gold wave :o
MetalM

Postby halabar » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:07 pm

Broke 6M yesterday... I'd be all over the old mats for crafts and enchants, but not sure I really need much more, and I'm too busy in EVE right now.. :lol:

halabar

Postby halabar » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:50 am

So, over 7M now..

but looking at Legion, man, it's gonna be a grind, and a lot of dice rolling. With all the levels of each pattern/skill that need to be ground out, you are investing a lot of time into something that may or may not be viable on your server.

the lack of crafting alts for most sane folk is going to be a thing as well. Not many are going to have the time to level a lot, especially early on.

halabar

Postby MetalM » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:23 am

I agree Legion's going to be a lot less alt-friendly than anything before, but that might be exactly what makes it profitable. The average WoW player isn't going to put much effort into chasing profession stuff, which means there'll be much more scope for the people who do.

That said, even I'm probably not going to be doing much with my alt army at least for the first bit of Legion when it's all nice and fresh. Transmute masters for the win!
MetalM

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:19 pm

MetalM wrote:I agree Legion's going to be a lot less alt-friendly than anything before, but that might be exactly what makes it profitable. The average WoW player isn't going to put much effort into chasing profession stuff, which means there'll be much more scope for the people who do.

That said, even I'm probably not going to be doing much with my alt army at least for the first bit of Legion when it's all nice and fresh. Transmute masters for the win!

For those of us that raid, maxxing the artifact is going to take precedence over gold anyway.

But my play is going to be on Obliterum anyway, which really doesn't need alts (or professions for that matter).

halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:12 am

So, how are things going for folks in Legion?

After a slow start (TradeSkillMaster being buggy with new items for a few weeks didn't help) I've got my enchanting going again, though I don't have the funds to go all in on new materials stuff. The classics are still selling, though (mostly weapon enchants like Mongoose, Agility, Crusader. I did sell one scroll of Blood Draining for 14,000g, and I have no idea why that happened), and I'm making enough money to keep my account going. The Legion Mining/Herbalism/Surveying enchants seem like good regular sellers.

The top level Legion enchants don't seem to be selling much yet, I expect a combination of the high prices and lack of high-end gear worth using them on. I've not been crafting a lot of those, though, because 15 x 1000g to make one enchant isn't quite manageable for me (I hit 80k gold this month before buying my 70k Token, so I'm heading slowly upward from a low start). Once raids are out we'll have more Chaos Crystals, more people needing enchants, and higher-rank recipes that take less mats, so the turnover will rise and it'll get more reliable.

What kind of state is Inscription in now? I used to make most of my gold from glyphs, back in Cataclysm/MoP.

Also, is the Obliterum market worth it? I've not had any reason to get crafted gear on my main so far, so I'm not sure how much demand there is for Obliterum. Haven't even unlocked the forge yet myself, since the prices on the 4 bracers are still ridiculous.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:09 pm

Herbs is where it's at. You DID level an herbalist, didn't you? (No, me neither...)

Oblit is good, but not great, everyone figured it out pretty fast.

halabar

Postby cdan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:28 am

Herbs are stupid money at the moment. I'm waiting for the bubble to burst, but at the moment I am making very good money just by selling what I gather whilst doing WQs. I've not even thought of farming.
cdan

Postby Fenris » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:19 am

Herb bubble still going strong.

Managed 55k yesterday with little more than 1h of farming
All the character profile site keep going down,so i could as well not place anything here
Fenris

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:19 am

Any particularly good spots to farm? I'm starting to work on my DK and DH that I've given dual gathering.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fenris » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:36 am

Just grab a sky golem and run around suramar (outside the city)

The herb is spread quite evenly on the zone,so finding a good path to follow depends more on how many people are already farming and where they are doing it
The worst thing that can happen is ending with someone following your same pattern but in reverse,under the new herb despawn system that cuts the number of nodes by a lot
All the character profile site keep going down,so i could as well not place anything here
Fenris

Postby Fenris » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:45 pm

Oh,forgot about it...

While the corrupted ashbringer is still new,farming Alterac valley and Dire Maul for the halves of the quest book is a viable source of lots of money

Jusrt sold my second copy of AV guide to angling for 50k.God bless lazy rets :lol:
Fenris

Postby cdan » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:41 am

Epics do not always DE to chaos crystals now so those are going to get very expensive before long. Might have missed the boat on stocking up on them though as the price has risen quickly on most servers. Arkhana and Leylight market prices will drop now though.
cdan

Postby Fenris » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:43 pm

Last 3 days,herbs have all dropped a good 30%

Either bots or someone trying to game the market in some weird way,i see auctions for foxflowers at 30g when the average yesterday was at 67-75 :roll:
Fenris

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:48 pm

Enchants have been selling like crazy the last few weeks. Guess we hit the tipping point between price of enchants and availability of gear worth enchanting.
KysenMurrin

Previous

Return to General