Making Gold on the AH

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby halabar » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:29 am

I think I may have discovered the hole in my server's AH for certain things...

Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Nooska » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:11 pm

A tip for thos ethat realm transfer for goblining; Ysera (NA), alliance side is crazy high prizes for a lot of stuff, plenty of margin for making gold by lowering the market.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Holyblaze » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:28 pm

Welp...been gone from WoW for 2 mo. and I see that alot as stayed teh same. Odd as my server seems very empty to me now.

Not many mounts up...so Ima make a few rocket mounts and see how that plays out!
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby Brute » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:16 am

So... threadsurection here, I've been looking about and trying to find the best way to process mats. I've taken it upon myself to level one of each class to 90, and since each alt has at least 1 gathering prof, I'm going to be rolling in mats.

You guys got any tips on the best way to process these, whether just selling them as-is, the old ore shuffle, or something else? I have every prof at least to zen if not 600, and two farms completely unlocked with two more I could unlock right now. Of course, some of the profs in the 500-525 range are not going to have all the recipes.

What should I prioritize as far as getting more recipes? I'm pretty good on BS (balanced trillium doesn't teach me anything anymore), LW, getting there on JC, ench is 600 but not that developed, but the rest of the production profs need to be leveled and don't have access to SOSS trainers yet.
Brute

Postby Holyblaze » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:46 pm

Brute wrote:So... threadsurection here, I've been looking about and trying to find the best way to process mats. I've taken it upon myself to level one of each class to 90, and since each alt has at least 1 gathering prof, I'm going to be rolling in mats.

You guys got any tips on the best way to process these, whether just selling them as-is, the old ore shuffle, or something else? I have every prof at least to zen if not 600, and two farms completely unlocked with two more I could unlock right now. Of course, some of the profs in the 500-525 range are not going to have all the recipes.

What should I prioritize as far as getting more recipes? I'm pretty good on BS (balanced trillium doesn't teach me anything anymore), LW, getting there on JC, ench is 600 but not that developed, but the rest of the production profs need to be leveled and don't have access to SOSS trainers yet.

I have not played much in the last 6 mo, but I was still selling bars and stacks of ore. Belts were fine, but I logged in last night and no one on my friends list or in my guild have been on in weeks!

Seems that they have messed up on no new content till Xpac. While I do have the next Xpac already, many I know will not be coming back as they are into other games now at this point. As for me, Neverwinter is my new game. So I've been plying my Goblin skills in there! Though you can use real money to convert to game coin, I still find it fun to flip the rare stuff!
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby halabar » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:02 pm

Wow.. this thread is back.

So, to answer Brute's question.. don't worry about it, because it's all changing in WoD. The only thing I would worry about now is finishing off the professions you want to 600.

In WoD:
Milling... GONE!
Prospecting... GONE!
lvl 90 alts sitting in SW/Org crafting max level stuff... GONE!
squadron of scribes to crank out DMF trinkets... likely GONE!

All your professions are going to roll through your Garrisons, and to produce the new stuff, you WILL need to level your toon through the garrison. So that guy on your server that has 20+ scribes to crank out those cards, he's gonna need to level each of those toons through a garrison.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Fetzie » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:52 pm

I do my farm every day (1 minute) and then every fortnight I make a bunch of flasks from those herbs plus herbs I buy for spirit of harmony and sell them; nets me a nice 4-6k every 2 weeks for doing practically nothing.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Brute » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:39 am

halabar wrote:Wow.. this thread is back.

So, to answer Brute's question.. don't worry about it, because it's all changing in WoD. The only thing I would worry about now is finishing off the professions you want to 600.

In WoD:
Milling... GONE!
Prospecting... GONE!
lvl 90 alts sitting in SW/Org crafting max level stuff... GONE!
squadron of scribes to crank out DMF trinkets... likely GONE!

All your professions are going to roll through your Garrisons, and to produce the new stuff, you WILL need to level your toon through the garrison. So that guy on your server that has 20+ scribes to crank out those cards, he's gonna need to level each of those toons through a garrison.

Looks like I've got some reading to do... this is entirely new information.

As for what I went with, I'm mostly just burning daily transmutes and such and trying to add value to raw mats to get them to a balancing point between "raw materials" and "too specific to sell quickly" and w/o working at it too much, I seem to be bringing in a nice trickle.

Best easy profit generator I've used regularly is uncut meta gems. I can create the materials from prospecting and transmuting w/ my transmute specced alchemist, I get the golden lotus off the farms, and occasionally proc extra gems. It's nice to proc an extra meta... that's like 350 bonus gold. The cut gems will sell eventually, but the people selling cut gems seem to watch the AH like a hawk and narrowing your market makes items sell slower anyway, so after having an Austere gem show back up in my mail for about a week before finally selling for 500 I gave up on that. The extra gold was nice but I'd rather have high volume low markup over high markup low volume.

I may be erring by using trillium to make balanced trillium ingots and exotic leather -> hardened magnificent hide though... I'm too lazy to sit in trade to try to sell a finished epic piece, but the one I made doesn't seem to be moving. So lesson here is that if you don't want to try to find a buyer in /2, you might just want to sell the trillium bars, despite the huge markup from a months worth of transmuting it and crafting a piece. Doing the math though, if trillium bars are worth 30g on your server, even selling an epic BS piece for 2k is still a 2:1 markup.
Brute

Previous

Return to General