Remove Advertisements

Making Gold on the AH

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Holyblaze » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:37 pm

SWEET! Though the Till bars are down to 40g each now. Even at that price its a 300% margin for me. hehe I just dont like to foster the downgrade of prices. I upsell my Trill bars into Living and craft my rockets and armor and get even more margin out of it! Slow selling this week though.
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby Nooska » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:58 am

Oooh, sweeet, time to do all ore on my farms which I haven't touched for a while (4 16plot farms ready to go)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Shoju » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:54 am

So I have a few question.

I know that Pets are now able to be sold on the Ah as part of the whole Pokewow battle thing. Do you have to do something specific to be able to sell your pets?(as in, would you have to go to some pet battle thing to train them first?) Are all the pets capable of being sold?

And if one were to do this, How much gold are the pets selling for? I'd imagine that a lot of the "neat" pets I have aren't worth much, but I know that I have some TOC Pets, and a few others.

I had thought about making a return to wow, on a small scale (and by small I mean, I wouldn't be raiding for a while if ever again, but at this point I'm BuhROKE! and thought maybe the pets could jump start my economy.
Shoju

Postby Jabari » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:45 am

Shoju wrote:So I have a few question.

I know that Pets are now able to be sold on the Ah as part of the whole Pokewow battle thing. Do you have to do something specific to be able to sell your pets?(as in, would you have to go to some pet battle thing to train them first?) Are all the pets capable of being sold?

And if one were to do this, How much gold are the pets selling for? I'd imagine that a lot of the "neat" pets I have aren't worth much, but I know that I have some TOC Pets, and a few others.

I had thought about making a return to wow, on a small scale (and by small I mean, I wouldn't be raiding for a while if ever again, but at this point I'm BuhROKE! and thought maybe the pets could jump start my economy.

Not much of a jump-start, really. My understanding is that nothing that you "wild-catch" is able to be sold, only drops. (So no Minfernals or Onyxian Whelplings, unfortunately.) Anything that you learn from a "drop" is fine, so the Archaeology ones, or DMF pets, TCG cards, etc can all be sold.

To sell something, you have to "learn" the pet, then go to the pet-tab, right-click on it, and select "put in cage".

I've sold a few of the raid drop ones, between 1000 and 1500 gold each. I still run most of them even though I got the [Raiding with Leashes] a while back. (MC for rep, BWL for mog, Naxx for frostweave for bags. Was doing AQ for rep too but hit exalted Brood and Cenarius last week.)

Edit: The AH is getting really frustrating - all the stuff I used to sell has completely crashed in price since Cata - a stack of Tol'vir potions sold for 200G, while Virmen's Bite's sell for about 60G a stack now. Bleh. Tailoring leg patches, all enchanter enchants, glyphs, and Netherweave bags have all cratered too. Only thing I'm having luck with right now are the LW leg patches, and I can only get 1.6 Spirits a day from the farm.

Anything else that people are having decent luck with? I have access to 600 everything except Blacksmith (coming shortly) and engineering (may be a while). Not sure what to do with the scribe - shoulder enchants are about 250-300G, and I'm afraid to start making DMF cards as those trinkets look like they're getting outclassed pretty quickly (due to the Dominance ones being awesome, mainly). 476 fans are about 2500. (Actually, the Inscribed Fans sell at 1k and are cheap to make - not great volume though.)

Sorry about the rambling *laugh* - just tired of failing at the AH!
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Shoju » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:33 am

Jabari wrote:Not much of a jump-start, really. My understanding is that nothing that you "wild-catch" is able to be sold, only drops. (So no Minfernals or Onyxian Whelplings, unfortunately.) Anything that you learn from a "drop" is fine, so the Archaeology ones, or DMF pets, TCG cards, etc can all be sold.

To sell something, you have to "learn" the pet, then go to the pet-tab, right-click on it, and select "put in cage".

I've sold a few of the raid drop ones, between 1000 and 1500 gold each. I still run most of them even though I got the [Raiding with Leashes] a while back. (MC for rep, BWL for mog, Naxx for frostweave for bags. Was doing AQ for rep too but hit exalted Brood and Cenarius last week.)

Well that kills me then. I ended up with a pair of Spirit's of Competition back in the day. I was hoping that it would be sellable now, but it doesn't sound like they can be.

Edit: The AH is getting really frustrating - all the stuff I used to sell has completely crashed in price since Cata - a stack of Tol'vir potions sold for 200G, while Virmen's Bite's sell for about 60G a stack now. Bleh. Tailoring leg patches, all enchanter enchants, glyphs, and Netherweave bags have all cratered too. Only thing I'm having luck with right now are the LW leg patches, and I can only get 1.6 Spirits a day from the farm.

Yeah, I was talking to a friend of mine, and he said the economy on terenas has taken a complete and utter crap. Which sucks, since if I came back, I've got ~10k gold, and nothing to sell. It was a fleeting thought really. I had the opportunity to come back on a 30 day free thing, and see what I thought, but really it sounds like I wouldn't stick with it the more digging I've done. Oh well.

Maybe I will try Path of Exile and see what everyone is clamoring about there.
Shoju

Postby Flex » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:31 am

The farm makes a lot of the stuff you had to go out into the world for less expensive. I've been depositing my weeds from my farm into the guild bank, a guild elixir master has been using it to make flasks and my potion master has been using leftover weeds to make stat potions, the other night I ended up making around 200 Virmen's Bite potions with just the stuff I've been depositing. I also saw that they're buffing the gathering seeds in 5.2 to be more competitive with the other seeds.

I've just been mining while questing and selling the ore.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Holyblaze » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:46 pm

Yeah Jabari...just got back like 3 or 4 pages and see what we have been talking about of late.

To be frank...with this Spirit of Harmony shit, Blizz found a way to fuk all of us Goblins real good. Can make some small change here and there though. Last week sucked for moving all but bars for me.

haha although...I just had my FIRST epic BoE droped and sold it for 4K! hehe it was funny as the crafted 476 cloth robes were selling for 2k. WoOt!
Holyblaze

Postby halabar » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:11 pm

Yeah, MoP has really messed over goblins, with the exception of well-established glyph traders with the time and schedule for that daily market. The cockblock for crafting alts, combined with the glut of JCers, has really brought a downfall for many of the goblin ways.

The best thing this expac sofar really has been cooking mats. You can still make a decent amount from them, and fish are holding up ok, allthough sales are slowing, supply is slowing as well.

But really, Blizz has also limited uses for gold. Unless it's the rare item in the BMAH, there's not much to really spend goblin riches on anymore really. There are so many damn mounts now that who really cares about the TCG ones? Same with pets, there are like 500 of them now?

Regarding my upcoming server move.. Think most of my gold move will be by selling battle pets cross server.. easiest and safest way to do so, allthough it's a bit slow..
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Flex » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:29 pm

Shit son. The other night someone placed 5 or 6 Imperial Moths on the AH for 500 gold each. Within a minute of me buying one all the rest were sold and re-listed at 4 times that price.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Jabari » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:43 pm

halabar wrote:But really, Blizz has also limited uses for gold. Unless it's the rare item in the BMAH, there's not much to really spend goblin riches on anymore really.

As a bit of an aside (again, I'm not a Goblin), this is what I use gold for nowadays:
- Making fun stuff for myself (JC mounts, Vial of the Sands, etc)
- Getting the "main alt" geared up through GDKP (though that hasn't run in a while)
- Buying high-level BoEs to get guildies up to ilvl 470. My guild is still just 1/16 (yes, normal :lol: ) and we need all the help we can get. Those 496 chest/gloves etc aren't cheap when you don't have access to either the recipes or Blood Spirits.

Actually, maybe I should give the Vials a go on the AH - I always eat up any cheap Volatiles already (to make Dreamcloths) and the Truegold transmute isn't on cooldown anymore...
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Holyblaze » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:10 pm

DO IT HALA!!!!!!!
Holyblaze

Postby theckhd » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:22 am

Enchants have still been selling rather well. I've pretty much just been selling enchants on Theck, and I've been making 10-20k a week from that easily with minimal effort. Tichondrius has a bigger market than Blackrock did though. Was entertaining when over 25% of my enchant sales on the AH were to my own guild on Blackrock, because we were the last Alliance raiding guild to jump ship.

I know some of my guildmates are still making good money with Inscription and Jewelcrafting, but I don't know the details. I tend to stick to my markets and let them have theirs.

I feel sorry for the "We run the auction house" guild, they probably never knew what hit them when we transferred here. At least I take it easy on the enchanting market (I only list one of anything at a time, for the most part). The JC/Inscription guy is lethal.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby djlar » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:43 pm

Sold my "Mojo" for 1900 gold and some i450 blue gear for 1999 gold.. (someone posted the same blue for 5K so that helped a lot)..

I'm still amazed why people roll need on World Drops, blue or purple, those sell very well, nothing ruins it by someone needing it and no chance for the rest and the "needer" to sell it..
djlar

Postby halabar » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:53 pm

One side note on the selling of pets, you can sell cross server. So if you need to move gold, and the prices on the new server aren't in your favor, selling pets across servers is an option. It is slow, and prices aren't always great, but it does help.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby oldboyz » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:33 am

how much gold did you make on AH ???
number available on the statistics part in the achievement folder
(there is also total gold earned, but i'm afraid that even if it add your direct sales thought /2 , it may add gold transfert from 1 toon to another and so dooblon)

my toons made 3,1 millions in AH since day1 on my server (current gold 700k). i try to spent the less time possible and focus only on hight margin operations

i know one of the hardcore player did 5,5millions (he's gold capped, 1,2m in bank) i've yet to ask to one onf my teammate, also a very very active AH guy

so bad those number not available in web armurery, and allow us to have a ranking :D
oldboyz

PreviousNext

Return to General