Remove Advertisements

So Noblegarden starts sunday...

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: So Noblegarden starts sunday...

Postby Aubade » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:39 pm

Njall wrote:
bldavis wrote:
bldavis wrote:the tux set and dress ARE tradeable, so you can find someone with a tux (or dress or BOTH!) and just swap achievements! Thats how i got them done last year!
edit: the only ones that are not EASILY achieveable by a lvl 5 are Hard-Boiled and Desert Rose

fixt, that better njall?

Oh heck, I wouldn't even want to try that at L5. The flightpoints would be murder. Even at L20-ish, Thousand Needles, Tanaris, and Un'goro was ugly as sin. But I did have the flight points for later.

You can travel up the middle of the river going through Un'goro though and nothing will aggro on your tender, tasty, candy-like lowbie. Getting to the ramp or to the pool though... ugh.

And the point of fucking doing those at level 5? I never understood anyone who did achievements on alts.
fuck that shit.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Vorianloken » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:41 am

Aubade wrote:And the point of fucking doing those at level 5? I never understood anyone who did achievements on alts.
fuck that shit.

Just people who like achievements :)
Vorianloken - 80 Prot/Ret || Ajeet - 80 Frost Tank/Unholy DPS || Nunnaly - 80 Cat/Tree Druid || Bulveye - 74 Protection Warrior || Sherana - 80 Combat Rogue || Shadallas - 40 Demo Warlock

US-Medivh Power! 7th April 2010 - The day when Dual-Wield Frost Tanking was assassinated. R.I.P my dear friend.
Vorianloken

Postby amh » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:56 am

Kept meeting this level 1 while farming eggs yesterday. Guild-tag: <The Level One Champion>. I suspect he has got more achievements than me :p Tabard of the Explorer on a level one is cool.

Aubade: Following the same thought - why do achievements at all?
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Vorianloken » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:59 am

Breaks the monotony of raiding/pvp/questing/profession grinding/leveling alts? Or what have you.

Some are most definitely more fun than others and sometimes much more enjoyable and rewarding than what I mentioned above.
Vorianloken - 80 Prot/Ret || Ajeet - 80 Frost Tank/Unholy DPS || Nunnaly - 80 Cat/Tree Druid || Bulveye - 74 Protection Warrior || Sherana - 80 Combat Rogue || Shadallas - 40 Demo Warlock

US-Medivh Power! 7th April 2010 - The day when Dual-Wield Frost Tanking was assassinated. R.I.P my dear friend.
Vorianloken

Postby Aubade » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:51 am

Vorianloken wrote:
Aubade wrote:And the point of fucking doing those at level 5? I never understood anyone who did achievements on alts.
fuck that shit.

Just people who like achievements :)

I liked doing achievements too, hence why I had 10k before I quit. But I never, NEVER liked doing them on alts.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Platino » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:39 am

amh wrote:Kept meeting this level 1 while farming eggs yesterday. Guild-tag: <The Level One Champion>. I suspect he has got more achievements than me :p Tabard of the Explorer on a level one is cool.

Tabard of the Explorer on a level one? Huh. Must have done it recently, since you could turn off experience.

Can you imagine all of those dead runs? *shudder*
Platino - Paladin (Prot/Prot) - Argent Dawn
Gauu - Hunter (Survival) - Argent Dawn
Greysonn - Warrior (Prot/Arms) - Argent Dawn
Duncann - Paladin (Prot/Holy) - Argent Dawn
Kharaa - Mage (Arcane) - Argent Dawn
Platino

Postby amh » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:32 am

Platino wrote:
amh wrote:Kept meeting this level 1 while farming eggs yesterday. Guild-tag: <The Level One Champion>. I suspect he has got more achievements than me :p Tabard of the Explorer on a level one is cool.

Tabard of the Explorer on a level one? Huh. Must have done it recently, since you could turn off experience.

Or four very patient and helpful friends. Three to summon, one to bodyguard.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Platino » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:45 am

amh wrote:
Platino wrote:

Or four very patient and helpful friends. Three to summon, one to bodyguard.

That would be a LOT of summoning. :lol:
Platino

Postby 8bit » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:08 pm

fuck that shit.
I did Noble Garden on my level 7 mage last year because I was farming eggs for the polymorph book anyway, and I wanted to see if it was possible. I'm doing the seasonal stuff on my paladin alt because I want a 310% mount so I can see how fast it is with Crusader Aura/Aura Mastery. Aside from that, I only did Flame Keeper on my alts last year because it was decent money. I don't do achievements on alts otherwise; I've got other, slightly less time-consuming things to do.
8bit

Postby Platino » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:00 am

8bit wrote:
fuck that shit.
I did Noble Garden on my level 7 mage last year because I was farming eggs for the polymorph book anyway, and I wanted to see if it was possible. I'm doing the seasonal stuff on my paladin alt because I want a 310% mount so I can see how fast it is with Crusader Aura/Aura Mastery. Aside from that, I only did Flame Keeper on my alts last year because it was decent money. I don't do achievements on alts otherwise; I've got other, slightly less time-consuming things to do.

Yeah. Cash and experience are GREAT reasons to do some of the seasonal stuff on alts. When I was levelling my mage, Love is in the Air was amazing for experience. 10 minutes of turn ins, and I basically had a half a level. I gained 2 or 3 levels that week, and didn't kill a single mob on that toon. :D
Platino

Postby halabar » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:05 am

Platino wrote:Yeah. Cash and experience are GREAT reasons to do some of the seasonal stuff on alts. When I was levelling my mage, Love is in the Air was amazing for experience. 10 minutes of turn ins, and I basically had a half a level. I gained 2 or 3 levels that week, and didn't kill a single mob on that toon. :D

When I start my Goblin or Worgen once the xpac comes out, I'll be doing this, for the cash and XP. (Just the exploration is great for XP too). The summer fire festival is an easy 3 levels of XP as well. Just need to win the dang fishing tourney for the ring...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Zobel » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:17 am

Noblegarden starts again this Sunday, April 8.

It looks like the only new item this year is another recolored plainstrider mount (swift springstrider), purchasable for 500 chocolates. Unlike the pink one, this one's bind on pickup, so no resale value.

No new achievements.
Zobel

Postby halabar » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:23 am

Zobel wrote:Noblegarden starts again this Sunday, April 8.

It looks like the only new item this year is another recolored plainstrider mount (swift springstrider), purchasable for 500 chocolates. Unlike the pink one, this one's bind on pickup, so no resale value.

No new achievements.

What color is it?...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Zobel » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:30 am

halabar wrote:
Zobel wrote:Noblegarden starts again this Sunday, April 8.

No new achievements.

What color is it?...

Xanadu.
Zobel

Postby Hrobertgar » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:30 pm

I started slowly grinding the holiday achievements on my main alts jsut for the mount, but now that you can buy 310% speed and I have cash, I have allowed my huntard to slack. An 1 hour for Noblegarden ... WOW. It always took me 3+ and I could never do more than 1 toon per year it was so annoying.

As far as explorer, you ppl are all noobs. Get a friend with a passenger flying mount = done.
The RAF - recruit a friend mount
The Archeology flask/dragon mount
The Traveler's Mammoth mount - although flying would be better.

Flying mount would also do for ANY Noblegarden location without corpse running or similar quest. The high level lands and cleans the area, then resses the lowbie corpse magnet as necessary and get achievy and move on.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

PreviousNext

Return to General