Remove Advertisements

How to make Gold as a tank?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: How to make Gold as a tank?

Postby bldavis » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:30 am

altoholic doesnt just show bags, it also shows EVERY profesion your toons have, what their talents are, what quests they are on, how much money they have, rested xp, xp to next level, its an altoholics dream come true!

it also tracks different realms as well, i have close to 30 toons across god 6 realms? (i know im a freak)
and it tracks everyone from my 80's (hunter and pally) to the new horde rogue i made 6 days ago!

edit: i cant spell! :oops:
Last edited by bldavis on Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Talderas » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:34 am

bldavis wrote:new horde rouge

When did they add a new class? :?
Vanifae wrote:Let it be known that on the morning of the 25th of March in the year of our Lord 2010, I agree with Minnerva.
Talderas

Postby Koatanga » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:47 am

bldavis wrote:altoholic doesnt just show bags, it also shows EVERY profesion your toons have, what their talents are, what quests they are on, how much money they have, rested xp, xp to next level, its an altoholics dream come true!

it also tracks different realms as well, i have close to 30 toons across god 6 realms? (i know im a freak)
and it tracks everyone from my 80's (hunter and pally) to the new horde rogue i made 6 days ago!

edit: i cant spell! :oops:

But wait, there's more! Want to see how many stonekeeper shards you have across all your toons? How many emblems of Frost does your alt have? Which toons are saved to which raids? No problem.

You may know that one of your toons has a haunted memento, but not recall which one. You can search across all your toons.

If you want to see precisely how much of your life you have wasted on this irrelevant pastime, you can see your /played across all your toons.

I can even synch it to another account, if I had two accounts, so I could look up all the same information for toons on that account.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby daemonym » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:27 am

gonna chime in here again to echo what people are saying about altoholic. it is amazing. When I do my normal posting, I'll cancel/post all expired auctions on my banker (to make bag space initially), then log onto the associated crafted. All I have to do is mouse over the tooltip and see how many what toon owns, how many are in their mail, and of course the best part how many they have on auction. I find it infinitely faster than other methods I've read about to figure out how many of what I need to make, especially since sometimes I won't craft a certain item due to market situations that I otherwise would.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Playdoh » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:05 am

time to get a new addon :).
Playdoh
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:41 am

With the coming nerf to quest-reward honor in WG, gem prices might go back up a bit.

As people stop doing WG weeklies, there should be less shards plus less honor, which equates to better gem prices hopefully.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:48 am

There is no nerf to quest reward honor. They doubled the honor per HK, and halved the HK value of the quests, which results in the same honor point reward. There will be a relative change, in that people will be getting the same honor from quests, but double from kills, but the absolute value of the quests will be unchanged.

When you factor in the change to BG marks and the addition of the Random BGs, people will be earning a lot more honor to buy gems with, not less.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:37 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:There is no nerf to quest reward honor. They doubled the honor per HK, and halved the HK value of the quests, which results in the same honor point reward. There will be a relative change, in that people will be getting the same honor from quests, but double from kills, but the absolute value of the quests will be unchanged.

When you factor in the change to BG marks and the addition of the Random BGs, people will be earning a lot more honor to buy gems with, not less.

The BG marks, assuming you have 100, will give you 1.85 gems. That's not a lot to flood the market. I doubt the average player has more than about 100 of them.

Regarding the WG honor changes, lets say I go in as a tank, and man a gun. I'll likely be getting 1/2 the honor as before, since most of the HKs happen away from the fortress (at least on my server). Depends partially on the balance on your server.

Also considering that less people will be doing WG because of the reduction in honor from the quests, and I still think there will be less honor overall gained.

I hadn't considered the random BGs, that may indeed push it the other way.

But it will reward the active pvpers vs the afkers. Yeah, as a tank I afk in a gun in WG. Not like there's a boss to tank like in AV.

halabar

Postby Njall » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:40 pm

halabar wrote:
Also considering that less people will be doing WG because of the reduction in honor from the quests, and I still think there will be less honor overall gained.

As others have said, there's no reduction in honor from the quests.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:47 pm

halabar wrote:The BG marks, assuming you have 100, will give you 1.85 gems. That's not a lot to flood the market. I doubt the average player has more than about 100 of them.

They're replacing them with an Honor reward. So we go from no honor (Marks instead), to some honor, meaning a net increase. They're also adding the Random BG for additional rewards, and increased activity in the BGs, meaning more Honor to go around, especially with the doubled Honor from HKs.

As has been repeatedly pointed out, even by blues on the forums, the reduction in HKs for objectives and quests is perfectly matched by the increase in Honor from HKs, meaning there is no net change in Honor from objectives and quests.

To demonstrate:
If 1 HK gives 5 Honor, and turning in a quest gives 10HKs worth of Honor, you earn 50 Honor from that quest.
In 3.3.3, Honor from HKs is doubled, and HKs from quests is halved, so 1 HK gives 10 Honor, and that same quest gives 5 HKs - so you earn 50 Honor from that quest.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:57 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:
halabar wrote:The BG marks, assuming you have 100, will give you 1.85 gems. That's not a lot to flood the market. I doubt the average player has more than about 100 of them.

They're replacing them with an Honor reward. So we go from no honor (Marks instead), to some honor, meaning a net increase. They're also adding the Random BG for additional rewards, and increased activity in the BGs, meaning more Honor to go around, especially with the doubled Honor from HKs.

As has been repeatedly pointed out, even by blues on the forums, the reduction in HKs for objectives and quests is perfectly matched by the increase in Honor from HKs, meaning there is no net change in Honor from objectives and quests.

To demonstrate:
If 1 HK gives 5 Honor, and turning in a quest gives 10HKs worth of Honor, you earn 50 Honor from that quest.
In 3.3, Honor from HKs is doubled, and HKs from quests is halved, so 1 HK gives 10 Honor, and that same quest gives 5 HKs - so you earn 50 Honor from that quest.

OK, I'm confused now. Why are they bothering making the change?....

I thought the goal was to reduce the inflation of honor from the WG quests? (and to reward those who actually pvp there?)

Why are they changing from handing you 10 dimes instead of 4 quarters, since that is what you are describing?

And the quest rewards are stated in honor, not in HKs, so is that going down or up? really confused now...

halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:01 pm

They're increasing the Honor gained from HKs to make it easier to get the Honor gear, and to encourage battleground participation. However, they also do not want to increase the Honor gains from Wintergrasp objectives.

In effect they keep the WG rewards constant, and increase everything else. The result is that everyone has more Honor, but WG is relatively less productive than it was before.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Njall » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:02 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:They're increasing the Honor gained from HKs to make it easier to get the Honor gear, and to encourage battleground participation. However, they also do not want to increase the Honor gains from Wintergrasp objectives.

In effect they keep the WG rewards constant, and increase everything else. The result is that everyone has more Honor, but WG is relatively less productive than it was before.

The result, they hope, is that people will go back to the BGs more often rather than flooding WG and half-crashing the server every two hours.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:06 pm

halabar wrote:Why are they changing from handing you 10 dimes instead of 4 quarters, since that is what you are describing?

And the quest rewards are stated in honor, not in HKs, so is that going down or up? really confused now...

The honor rewards are based on a certain number of HKs. Since they are increasing Honor per kill by 100% the quests would increase the honor reward by 100%. To counter that they are reducing it by 50% granting the same honor as it currently rewards.

Current: 10HK per kill WG daily rewards 10HKs worth of honor/100 honor
Patch: 20HK per kill WG weekly rewards 5 HKs/100 honor. Without the 50% reduction you would get 200 honor.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:21 pm

Njall wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:They're increasing the Honor gained from HKs to make it easier to get the Honor gear, and to encourage battleground participation. However, they also do not want to increase the Honor gains from Wintergrasp objectives.

The result, they hope, is that people will go back to the BGs more often rather than flooding WG and half-crashing the server every two hours.

Well, this is what I thought they were saying, that the WG quests would reward less, but actual PVP would reward more.

So the WG quests reward HKs as well as straight honor currently?

I was under the impression that if I sit on a gun, and wind up being away from the action (the action at my server seems to be at the southern towers these days) that I would receive less honor, since I am not getting HKs in the process.

halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General