Remove Advertisements

Missing the Memo

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby halabar » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:12 am

Teranoid wrote:
Jabari wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:Yeah, that's an annoying thing about them. It's what makes the tier-dropping world bosses one of the worst places to use a bonus roll (since you've got something like a 2% chance of getting a tier piece).

There's no way this 2% number can be correct. There are a lot of options that Sha (etc) drops, but the tier pieces come up way more often than 2 of 15 (or whatever) when the coin hits. About 50% in my experience that they roll tier.

(Plus, you have to take into account people that don't have access to 496/522 tier, only 483/502 ones...)

My hunter getting tier pants 6 weeks in a row can attest to this.

Does my gold for 8 weeks in a row count?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Nooska » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:34 am

Well any boss has a set percentage chance to drop any given item - the chance is not necessarily equal across loot drops, so the quote from AMR is, imo, misleading. The way I've understood the personal loot mechanic to work, is that you have - more or less - a set chance of getting loot, and the distribution of which loot item is dependant on the rarity of said loot item (if there are skewed chances for each of the eligable drops), i.e. if one is a 25% drop and the other is a 10% drop, you have a 5:2 chance of getting the 25% chance drop if you get a drop (afaik its a 2-roll system; 1 loot or bag, 2 what loot if loot)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:57 am

Hey, did they increase the Protector token drop rate when they added Monk to it? I know the R/M/DK/whatever-the-fourth-is token always had a slightly increased drop.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nooska » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:21 am

Yeah, there is a 1/11 chance for each class on a token for that token to be the one to drop - its directly relative to the number of classes on it.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu May 23, 2013 12:55 pm

...Dual wielders can use two legendary weapon sockets. I've been constantly correcting Ask Mr Robot when it tried to put another in when I already had one. /facepalm
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Hawkslayer » Thu May 30, 2013 12:32 pm

Last night after our raid, we took our team + a couple of guildies (13 in total I think) down to kill the boss for the legendary quest, A Change in Command, to allow someone to finish the quest on an alt. While we knew it wasn't a difficult fight, the guy has a lot of health (117M-ish) and so more people makes it go faster. We pulled before one of the members of the raid got there thinking that he had time to arrive. To our suprise, after 10 seconds, the boss was at 50% health and we had to completely stop DPS'ing him.

Apparently, they nerfed his health by 90%, as he now has 11M-ish health. Those that needed the kill got credit and all ended well, but it was quite a suprise to all of us and none of us remembered seeing this change documented anywhere. Oh well, next alt that needs it - we'll know, lol.
Hawkslayer

Postby Fetzie » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:18 pm

You can use the mouse scroll wheel to cycle through tabs in firefox quickly.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Andurin » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:31 pm

Fetzie wrote:You can use the mouse scroll wheel to cycle through tabs in firefox quickly.

Really? How? It doesnt work when I scroll here :p
Andurin

Postby Thels » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:14 am

It works if you have more tabs than currently fit on the window. Just hover your mouse over the tab rob, and scroll up and down through the list.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby econ21 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:51 pm

Coins give you an extra roll for loot.

[OK, I did know this, but after an under-geared alt heroically tanked through all of ToT LFR with no coins and got only one piece of gear, I decided for my own sanity I have to farm those 50 lesser coins first in future.]
econ21

Postby Amirya » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:21 pm

econ21 wrote:Coins give you an extra roll for loot gold.

Just so people wouldn't be confused that you typoed badly. :wink:
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:06 pm

econ21 wrote:Coins give you an extra roll for loot.

[OK, I did know this, but after an under-geared alt heroically tanked through all of ToT LFR with no coins and got only one piece of gear, I decided for my own sanity I have to farm those 50 lesser coins first in future.]

Next you can lose your sanity to the endless bags of gold.

The best way to get coins is join a large farming group in barrens. A decent raid will get you a little over 300 coins an hour. This is the last week to do this particular method, so hopefully you can find a group that's taking advantage while they can.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Thels » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:08 am

fuzzygeek wrote:This is the last week to do this particular method, so hopefully you can find a group that's taking advantage while they can.

Are you sure about this? The Korkron mobs will remain in Northern Barrens, to drop the bag, pet and Brawler Boss thingy. I see no reason why they would stop dropping Lesser Charms.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Worldie » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:11 am

Remember that it's all lvl 90+ mobs that drop coins, it's not limited to mobs in the barrens. Mobs in Vale of eternal blossom and dailies drop them too :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:58 am

I thought they were going away with the questline changes in 5.4, but all the chatter may have just been about the quests themselves. If that's the case, then good; I farmed a thousand charms last week, but I might as well get another thousand to carry through SoO ...

The nice thing about farming the dudes in the barrens is there's a strip of four camps along a ridge in lumberyard that make for absurdly quick spawn/killcamps.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General