Remove Advertisements

Missing the Memo

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Andurin » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:19 am

econ21 wrote:(can you take the flag before the gates are down?)

Nope, you cant capture the keep till at least one gate is down. If its a good tactic or not? No idea... I tend to stay as far away from Isle of Conquest as I can. :roll:
Andurin

Postby Dion » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:51 am

I missed memo on Timbermaw. When did they boosted reputation gain so freaking much? 2000 reputation for 5 feathers. I now have quite many extra feathers sitting on my bank...
Dion

Postby Cogglamp » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:42 am

I had no idea MC doesn't require a raid group anymore.
Cogglamp

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:55 am

It's a bit odd, really. The actual raid portal in the back of BRD does still require you to be in a raid group, but the quick port in from attunement doesn't.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Shoju » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:02 am

KysenMurrin wrote:It's a bit odd, really. The actual raid portal in the back of BRD does still require you to be in a raid group, but the quick port in from attunement doesn't.

Same thing applies to BWL as well. No need for raid group to enter, even though sadly you need at least one more for the first boss.
Shoju

Postby Andurin » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:57 am

Seems like you NEED to login to facebook if you want to use Spotify... Even if you dont want it linked... Time to find an alternative to Spotify then, anyone got suggestions?
Andurin

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:59 am

so yea...totally missed the memo that you get guarenteed volatiles by being in specific zones. IE: Uldum = air.

Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Mannstein » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:55 am

Fenrìr wrote:so yea...totally missed the memo that you get guarenteed volatiles by being in specific zones. IE: Uldum = air.

Better late then never...
:P
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:29 am

When did they fix it so you don't have to dismount and remount after learning a new level of riding to get the speed to update?
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fetzie » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:48 am

Dion wrote:I missed memo on Timbermaw. When did they boosted reputation gain so freaking much? 2000 reputation for 5 feathers. I now have quite many extra feathers sitting on my bank...

Probably the same patch when they did the same thing for Thorium Brotherhood. Think it was around 4.2ish
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:24 pm

Pretty sure it was earlier than that, because I'm almost positive I capped my Thorium Brotherhood during LK Pilgrim's Bounty (whatever the hell that holiday is called.) I remember getting the bonus rep from being human + the holiday boost. Was fun.

Didn't finish Timbermaw until June of last year though, so can't comment if that was boosted earlier.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:39 pm

Boosted my timbermaw from neutral to exalted with about ten quests and 40 winterspring beads.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby econ21 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:48 am

Killing Drek with no towers down in Alterac Valley is so easy. Yes, I knew theoretically it was possible but assumed in practice it would be too risky a strategy for a PUG. However, last night, somehow people were persuaded (against my objection) to try it. I off tanked most of the lieutenants; another tank took Drek. It was effortless.

We killed Galv first, but my understanding is that - unlike the towers - that does not affect how tough Drek is or does it?
econ21

Postby Mannstein » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:07 am

econ21 wrote:Killing Drek with no towers down in Alterac Valley is so easy. Yes, I knew theoretically it was possible but assumed in practice it would be too risky a strategy for a PUG. However, last night, somehow people were persuaded (against my objection) to try it. I off tanked most of the lieutenants; another tank took Drek. It was effortless.

We killed Galv first, but my understanding is that - unlike the towers - that does not affect how tough Drek is or does it?

Alliance scum... :P
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:03 am

It's my understanding that killing Galv/Balinda is to prevent various NPCs from respawning (the archers defending the towers?) I'm not 100% sure that's true, but that's what I've been led to believe. Also, it reduces the opposing factions resources.

Edit: A quick google search kills this theory. WoWwiki says killing Galv/Balinda prevents the 2 minute 20% HP buff that would be cast every 10 minutes.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General