Missing the Memo

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Shoju » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:28 am

we have killed 4 hard modes, and seen 0 stones. We haven't had a pattern drop since the nerf.
Shoju

Postby Worldie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:31 am

culhag wrote:
Worldie wrote:The droprate was officially increased a few mini patches ago (i think with the nerf one?), when people went from not seeing one drop for 7-8 reset, to getting 2-4 per clear, but that's about it.

0-1 per clear is what we had after the fix that actually let them drop.
Maybe we'd just been very unlucky with that for the last 3 months, but it's weird.

Random loot is random, but i've beeen through 3 guilds in te last months, and all of them had a droprate of 1-3 per 6/7 clear.
On a side note, I've also barely seen 2-3 patterns drop at all in the same time.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:12 pm

The first week of FL we farmed rep for two hours. Guild group so we were quick and efficient. We had one pattern drop.

Then I joined a pug and in 40 minutes we had seven patterns and four BoEs, at half the clear rate.

Also, why does Worldie keep destroying guilds?
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:26 pm

We saw 3 firestones total in all of our 25-man raiding, and I think we went the past 2 months without a recipe. As soon as we went on 10-man, we got 3 firestones per raid two weeks in a row and a couple more this week. The droprate was never properly fixed, and I think their implementation of those tokens wound up differently than they planned. They would have made much more sense as guaranteed drops from Beth'tilac and Rhyolith (with 3x per kill on 25-man).

I don't mind though, because it does make sense for 10-mans to get more of the tokenized loot since they get thoroughly screwed for loot otherwise.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:13 pm

PsiVen wrote:I don't mind though, because it does make sense for 10-mans to get more of the tokenized loot since they get thoroughly screwed for loot otherwise.

I hadn't thought of that -- an excellent point. If they did (a big if), that's not a horrible compromise if they carry that model into T13 (there really aren't that many upgradeable slots for most specs).

I'm already starting to seethe about tier pieces being boss drops only, given their reprehensibly stupid 30%/30%/40% drop rate, and our 45%/25%/30% raid comp.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby rodos » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:51 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:I'm already starting to seethe about tier pieces being boss drops only, given their reprehensibly stupid 30%/30%/40% drop rate, and our 45%/25%/30% raid comp.

I really think it's time to retire class-restricted tokens. The idea has always been to slow down gear acquisition and keep people playing, but I think that's pretty bogus reasoning, and it's a source of much un-fun. I feel like a loot-whore taking a 3rd set of shoulder tokens for my off-off-spec because nobody else wants them, when some of our core team don't even have 4-piece because of bad RNG.

Perhaps they could class-restrict the LFR ones, to help spread the loot around a little, but guilds shouldn't feel the need to pick their team based on token drop ratios. If we want to run with 2 paladin tanks, paladin + priest heals and a warlock (likely for us going into 4.3), why should that be a bad idea, just because of loot? Bring the player, not the class, and all that.
rodos

Postby PsiVen » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:30 pm

I'd like to see the tokens change from class-based (which invariably shorts a group, especially in 10-man) to role-based. "Protector" tokens would only be redeemable for tanking sets and drop 2/10 or 3/25 of the time, etc.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:36 pm

They should just drop sets. Having 1/1/1 drop all the time would be far less frustrating than 0/3/0 and vendoring them all. For 10s each boss might have to drop something static.

It is not a perfect solution, but the fact that a solution is required at all is stupid.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:17 pm

They mentioned they're reworking 10s token system but have not followed it up with any details.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:12 pm

PsiVen wrote:I'd like to see the tokens change from class-based (which invariably shorts a group, especially in 10-man) to role-based. "Protector" tokens would only be redeemable for tanking sets and drop 2/10 or 3/25 of the time, etc.

Lower chance to drop for tanks and healers would tend to screw over those roles for gear, though, wouldn't it?
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby rodos » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:21 pm

PsiVen wrote:I'd like to see the tokens change from class-based (which invariably shorts a group, especially in 10-man) to role-based. "Protector" tokens would only be redeemable for tanking sets and drop 2/10 or 3/25 of the time, etc.

Role-based tokens would probably be an improvement, and may work well with the new role-based need rolls in LFR. I think it would still be ultimately frustrating.

fuzzygeek wrote:They should just drop sets. Having 1/1/1 drop all the time would be far less frustrating than 0/3/0 and vendoring them all. For 10s each boss might have to drop something static.

Maybe they could have 10s drop 3x as many of a lesser token that requires 3 turned in to get the tier piece. That should smooth things out.
rodos

Postby halabar » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:51 pm

I'll get this thread back on track... My memo:

Being ranged, never realized that there were lightning totems on the ground on the eagle phase of last boss of za, no one ever said anything, but did wonder where that lightning was coming from...

Who knew?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Pizbit » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:31 pm

halabar wrote:I'll get this thread back on track... My memo:

Being ranged, never realized that there were lightning totems on the ground on the eagle phase of last boss of za, no one ever said anything, but did wonder where that lightning was coming from...

Who knew?

Press V to show enemy name plates, your mind will be blown.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:12 pm

"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:38 pm

Pizbit wrote:
halabar wrote:Being ranged, never realized that there were lightning totems on the ground on the eagle phase of last boss of za....

Press V to show enemy name plates, your mind will be blown.

Also, install TidyPlates, and set it to a 'dps' profile, and a 'tank' profile for your tank specs. It's like cheating at threat management, it's so good. Useful for DPS too as you can see when specific adds are loving you more than the tank. I would play without hotbar mods, without unit frames (but cry), but refuse to play w/o Tidy Plates and a bag mod. :)
Kelaan

PreviousNext

Return to General