Missing the Memo

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Chunes » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:00 pm

If you don't kill ZG bosses, their trash can be force-reset by just resetting all instances.

Also, apparently you can transfer the majority of the hojillion buttons swarming your minimap to titanpanel.

Who knew?
User avatar
Chunes
 
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:46 pm

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby degre » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:12 am

I'm not too sure what happenes to a full cleared instance, but I can tell you that even if you kill a boss, it's trash will respawn all the same.

I've done a run a few days ago where first I went in with some friends to do only raptor and tiger, then I went back the day after and everything had respwaned, so if you want to kill any of the bosses for any reason (paragon, mounts) and then go back, you can.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
User avatar
degre
 
Posts: 724
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:11 pm
Location: Oxford, UK

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Chunes » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:09 am

I believe if you kill a boss, you have to wait for a soft reset for the associated trash to respawn. Granted that's only 30 minutes.
User avatar
Chunes
 
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:46 pm

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:32 pm

I just found out you can link your raid lockouts in chat. When someone links it you can see what bosses they have downed and whether you are eligible to join the same raid. I had no idea you could do that (I assume just since 4.0).
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4795
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Shathus » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:28 am

I was talking with someone about needing to make some flares for tomorrow's (tonight's) raid last night. He said "why don't you just use the in-game markers?"

.....!

Apparently since I use Pitbull and Grid for my unit frames, I've had the new features hidden. For anyone else that missed it, you can now mark up to 5 different colored smoke flares with in a raid (don't know the duration). It's ridiculous how excited I am to use these tonight.
Shathus
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 741
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:02 pm

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:29 am

Yeah, it's pretty good. They key when you're using a unit frame mod is to not disable the default frames through the mod, but to use the "hide" option in the Blizzard raid menu.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4795
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby rodos » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:04 pm

Shathus wrote:I was talking with someone about needing to make some flares for tomorrow's (tonight's) raid last night. He said "why don't you just use the in-game markers?"

.....!

Apparently since I use Pitbull and Grid for my unit frames, I've had the new features hidden. For anyone else that missed it, you can now mark up to 5 different colored smoke flares with in a raid (don't know the duration). It's ridiculous how excited I am to use these tonight.

Engineering gets the nerf again.

Next patch, Jepetto Joybuzz now sells Mechanical Squirrel Box, Mechanical Bombling, and Lil' Smoky. Tranquil Mechanical Yeti, and Lifelike Mechanical Toad were badly burned by the cataclysm and can no longer be summoned. Unlearned Yeti and Toad items are now vendor junk.

Eh, whatever. It's just a game.
User avatar
rodos
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:20 pm

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:58 pm

rodos wrote:Engineering gets the nerf again.

Next patch, Jepetto Joybuzz now sells Mechanical Squirrel Box, Mechanical Bombling, and Lil' Smoky. Tranquil Mechanical Yeti, and Lifelike Mechanical Toad were badly burned by the cataclysm and can no longer be summoned. Unlearned Yeti and Toad items are now vendor junk.

Eh, whatever. It's just a game.


Salty is right. Yeesh.

One nice thing about the in-game flares is they last longer than traditional flares, and have an enormous range. One bad thing is you're limited to one of each color. Also, blue flares!
Image
User avatar
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3447
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby culhag » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:01 am

Yay necro !

I just found out that there have been new health potions with cata, just that they don't drop on mobs.

All this time I still had the LK potions in my bag. (which I never used since they're so small compared to our health pool)
User avatar
culhag
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:50 am
Location: France

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby culhag » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:41 am

Did they increase the Crystallized Firestone drop rate recently ?
The last couple of weeks we had 4 of them per full clear, when before that we were lucky to have even one.
User avatar
culhag
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:50 am
Location: France

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Mannstein » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:21 am

I didn't saw nothing on any note...
But our average was at the most 1 per run, and Wendsday we had two drop on the same boss... And another on the next boss..
Might be a glytch in the matrix... but it would be nice...
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:40 am

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Worldie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:27 am

culhag wrote:Did they increase the Crystallized Firestone drop rate recently ?
The last couple of weeks we had 4 of them per full clear, when before that we were lucky to have even one.

The droprate was officially increased a few mini patches ago (i think with the nerf one?), when people went from not seeing one drop for 7-8 reset, to getting 2-4 per clear, but that's about it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8640
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby culhag » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:23 am

Worldie wrote:The droprate was officially increased a few mini patches ago (i think with the nerf one?), when people went from not seeing one drop for 7-8 reset, to getting 2-4 per clear, but that's about it.

0-1 per clear is what we had after the fix that actually let them drop.
Maybe we'd just been very unlucky with that for the last 3 months, but it's weird.
User avatar
culhag
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:50 am
Location: France

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:29 am

We also got more than usual last night, 2 firestones on 4 bosses. But random loot is random, you'd need a lot more examples to suggest it's actually changed.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4795
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:20 am

We went from 2 patterns over the first several weeks when they dropped like candy, to 0 patterns since they decreased the drop rate :D

The last two weeks we've had 2 stones per clear; we had 8 stones over the course of the previous 15.
Image
User avatar
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3447
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Shoju » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:28 am

we have killed 4 hard modes, and seen 0 stones. We haven't had a pattern drop since the nerf.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Worldie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:31 am

culhag wrote:
Worldie wrote:The droprate was officially increased a few mini patches ago (i think with the nerf one?), when people went from not seeing one drop for 7-8 reset, to getting 2-4 per clear, but that's about it.

0-1 per clear is what we had after the fix that actually let them drop.
Maybe we'd just been very unlucky with that for the last 3 months, but it's weird.

Random loot is random, but i've beeen through 3 guilds in te last months, and all of them had a droprate of 1-3 per 6/7 clear.
On a side note, I've also barely seen 2-3 patterns drop at all in the same time.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8640
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:12 pm

The first week of FL we farmed rep for two hours. Guild group so we were quick and efficient. We had one pattern drop.

Then I joined a pug and in 40 minutes we had seven patterns and four BoEs, at half the clear rate.

Also, why does Worldie keep destroying guilds?
Image
User avatar
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3447
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby PsiVen » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:26 pm

We saw 3 firestones total in all of our 25-man raiding, and I think we went the past 2 months without a recipe. As soon as we went on 10-man, we got 3 firestones per raid two weeks in a row and a couple more this week. The droprate was never properly fixed, and I think their implementation of those tokens wound up differently than they planned. They would have made much more sense as guaranteed drops from Beth'tilac and Rhyolith (with 3x per kill on 25-man).

I don't mind though, because it does make sense for 10-mans to get more of the tokenized loot since they get thoroughly screwed for loot otherwise.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
Falling off the wagon since WoD release...
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
User avatar
PsiVen
Moderator
 
Posts: 1996
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: On a Boat

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:13 pm

PsiVen wrote:I don't mind though, because it does make sense for 10-mans to get more of the tokenized loot since they get thoroughly screwed for loot otherwise.


I hadn't thought of that -- an excellent point. If they did (a big if), that's not a horrible compromise if they carry that model into T13 (there really aren't that many upgradeable slots for most specs).

I'm already starting to seethe about tier pieces being boss drops only, given their reprehensibly stupid 30%/30%/40% drop rate, and our 45%/25%/30% raid comp.
Image
User avatar
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3447
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby rodos » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:51 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:I'm already starting to seethe about tier pieces being boss drops only, given their reprehensibly stupid 30%/30%/40% drop rate, and our 45%/25%/30% raid comp.

I really think it's time to retire class-restricted tokens. The idea has always been to slow down gear acquisition and keep people playing, but I think that's pretty bogus reasoning, and it's a source of much un-fun. I feel like a loot-whore taking a 3rd set of shoulder tokens for my off-off-spec because nobody else wants them, when some of our core team don't even have 4-piece because of bad RNG.

Perhaps they could class-restrict the LFR ones, to help spread the loot around a little, but guilds shouldn't feel the need to pick their team based on token drop ratios. If we want to run with 2 paladin tanks, paladin + priest heals and a warlock (likely for us going into 4.3), why should that be a bad idea, just because of loot? Bring the player, not the class, and all that.
User avatar
rodos
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:20 pm

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby PsiVen » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:30 pm

I'd like to see the tokens change from class-based (which invariably shorts a group, especially in 10-man) to role-based. "Protector" tokens would only be redeemable for tanking sets and drop 2/10 or 3/25 of the time, etc.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
Falling off the wagon since WoD release...
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
User avatar
PsiVen
Moderator
 
Posts: 1996
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: On a Boat

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:36 pm

They should just drop sets. Having 1/1/1 drop all the time would be far less frustrating than 0/3/0 and vendoring them all. For 10s each boss might have to drop something static.

It is not a perfect solution, but the fact that a solution is required at all is stupid.
Image
User avatar
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3447
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Flex » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:17 pm

They mentioned they're reworking 10s token system but have not followed it up with any details.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:12 pm

PsiVen wrote:I'd like to see the tokens change from class-based (which invariably shorts a group, especially in 10-man) to role-based. "Protector" tokens would only be redeemable for tanking sets and drop 2/10 or 3/25 of the time, etc.

Lower chance to drop for tanks and healers would tend to screw over those roles for gear, though, wouldn't it?
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4795
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest