Remove Advertisements

Missing the Memo

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Chunes » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:00 pm

If you don't kill ZG bosses, their trash can be force-reset by just resetting all instances.

Also, apparently you can transfer the majority of the hojillion buttons swarming your minimap to titanpanel.

Who knew?
Chunes

Postby degre » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:12 am

I'm not too sure what happenes to a full cleared instance, but I can tell you that even if you kill a boss, it's trash will respawn all the same.

I've done a run a few days ago where first I went in with some friends to do only raptor and tiger, then I went back the day after and everything had respwaned, so if you want to kill any of the bosses for any reason (paragon, mounts) and then go back, you can.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby Chunes » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:09 am

I believe if you kill a boss, you have to wait for a soft reset for the associated trash to respawn. Granted that's only 30 minutes.
Chunes

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:32 pm

I just found out you can link your raid lockouts in chat. When someone links it you can see what bosses they have downed and whether you are eligible to join the same raid. I had no idea you could do that (I assume just since 4.0).
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Shathus » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:28 am

I was talking with someone about needing to make some flares for tomorrow's (tonight's) raid last night. He said "why don't you just use the in-game markers?"

.....!

Apparently since I use Pitbull and Grid for my unit frames, I've had the new features hidden. For anyone else that missed it, you can now mark up to 5 different colored smoke flares with in a raid (don't know the duration). It's ridiculous how excited I am to use these tonight.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:29 am

Yeah, it's pretty good. They key when you're using a unit frame mod is to not disable the default frames through the mod, but to use the "hide" option in the Blizzard raid menu.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby rodos » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:04 pm

Shathus wrote:I was talking with someone about needing to make some flares for tomorrow's (tonight's) raid last night. He said "why don't you just use the in-game markers?"

.....!

Apparently since I use Pitbull and Grid for my unit frames, I've had the new features hidden. For anyone else that missed it, you can now mark up to 5 different colored smoke flares with in a raid (don't know the duration). It's ridiculous how excited I am to use these tonight.

Engineering gets the nerf again.

Next patch, Jepetto Joybuzz now sells Mechanical Squirrel Box, Mechanical Bombling, and Lil' Smoky. Tranquil Mechanical Yeti, and Lifelike Mechanical Toad were badly burned by the cataclysm and can no longer be summoned. Unlearned Yeti and Toad items are now vendor junk.

Eh, whatever. It's just a game.
rodos

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:58 pm

rodos wrote:Engineering gets the nerf again.

Next patch, Jepetto Joybuzz now sells Mechanical Squirrel Box, Mechanical Bombling, and Lil' Smoky. Tranquil Mechanical Yeti, and Lifelike Mechanical Toad were badly burned by the cataclysm and can no longer be summoned. Unlearned Yeti and Toad items are now vendor junk.

Eh, whatever. It's just a game.

Salty is right. Yeesh.

One nice thing about the in-game flares is they last longer than traditional flares, and have an enormous range. One bad thing is you're limited to one of each color. Also, blue flares!
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby culhag » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:01 am

Yay necro !

I just found out that there have been new health potions with cata, just that they don't drop on mobs.

All this time I still had the LK potions in my bag. (which I never used since they're so small compared to our health pool)
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby culhag » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:41 am

Did they increase the Crystallized Firestone drop rate recently ?
The last couple of weeks we had 4 of them per full clear, when before that we were lucky to have even one.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Mannstein » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:21 am

I didn't saw nothing on any note...
But our average was at the most 1 per run, and Wendsday we had two drop on the same boss... And another on the next boss..
Might be a glytch in the matrix... but it would be nice...
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby Worldie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:27 am

culhag wrote:Did they increase the Crystallized Firestone drop rate recently ?
The last couple of weeks we had 4 of them per full clear, when before that we were lucky to have even one.

The droprate was officially increased a few mini patches ago (i think with the nerf one?), when people went from not seeing one drop for 7-8 reset, to getting 2-4 per clear, but that's about it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby culhag » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:23 am

Worldie wrote:The droprate was officially increased a few mini patches ago (i think with the nerf one?), when people went from not seeing one drop for 7-8 reset, to getting 2-4 per clear, but that's about it.

0-1 per clear is what we had after the fix that actually let them drop.
Maybe we'd just been very unlucky with that for the last 3 months, but it's weird.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:29 am

We also got more than usual last night, 2 firestones on 4 bosses. But random loot is random, you'd need a lot more examples to suggest it's actually changed.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:20 am

We went from 2 patterns over the first several weeks when they dropped like candy, to 0 patterns since they decreased the drop rate :D

The last two weeks we've had 2 stones per clear; we had 8 stones over the course of the previous 15.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General