Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Treck » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:55 pm

And when the hell did RF suddenly become manafree to cast? :P
Treck

Postby Archeth » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:52 pm

used to be on some PTR (3.1? 3.2?), didn't make it live, got changed in 3.3.3 I think (wasn't in the 3.3 main release - I remember tanking Falric/Marwyn trash without it and needed a mana pot to turn it on)
Archeth

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:27 am

Why'd I never hear that you can get mobile authenticator for ordinary phones now, not just Android or iPhone?
KysenMurrin

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:56 pm

I didn't know they had changed Vampiric Embrace for shadow priests into a self buff... I continued happily casting it as part of my rotation for every mob, until I started noticing that the debuff wasn't showing up on the mobs bars a good while later :oops:.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:34 pm

Apparently also missed the memo on...

Teranoid wrote:The AT resetting has been common knowledge since faction changes were instituted. Not to mention that the last time I faction xferred it even stated in BIG RED BOLD LETTERS that they did not carry over.

from the Frustrations thread.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:12 am

Treck wrote:And when the hell did RF suddenly become manafree to cast? :P

Hah! I only noticed that about a month or so ago myself!!
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby hoho » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:53 am

I just found out I can write on the US cata beta forums when I'm in the beta in EU. Gogo "sky is falling" spam?

As for VE being self-buff, it was changed in early wotlk beta I think :)
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Archeth » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:40 am

Wowhead comments imply it was changed in 3.3 - and I only looked it up because I used to play with a shadow priest through TBC levels around 3.1, and then it was definitely no 30m selfbuff yet. Completely took me by surprise on my new RaF shadow priest in ramparts a few weeks ago.
Archeth

Postby hoho » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:28 am

Archeth wrote:Wowhead comments imply it was changed in 3.3 - and I only looked it up because I used to play with a shadow priest through TBC levels around 3.1, and then it was definitely no 30m selfbuff yet. Completely took me by surprise on my new RaF shadow priest in ramparts a few weeks ago.
Hm, interesting. Now that I think about it yea, you are right. I remember we did OS10+3 before Ulduar and there I was doing the pull with VE. I guess I messed it up with the initial change at 3.0 where they changed the duration from 30s to 5 minutes.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby djlar » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:56 am

Missed the memo for a loooong time about Divine protection and the 6 secs raid wide 20% damage reduction..

I had zero points on those talents, until someone on a Heroic Marrowgar attempt asked the 2 pally tanks if we had it.. I so embarrasly said no.. but the other pally covered.

Also realized this was being called "raidwall", and I thought they referred as improved auras + aura mastery use.. so when they called "pally raid wall!" I was suppose to hit DP in conjunction with a ret/holy pally aura mastery..
djlar

Postby Epimer » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:03 am

djlar wrote:Missed the memo for a loooong time about Divine protection and the 6 secs raid wide 20% damage reduction..

That's Divine Sacrifice/Divine Guardian. Divine Protection is still just a personal cooldown.

Me: (from the Frustrations thread) I totally missed that the BoA Tome of Cold Weather Flying required a level 80 to purchase. My alts are on a different server to my 80s now, and that's left them a bit screwed. Does anyone know if that 80 you use to buy the Tome has to have Cold Weather Flying themselves? Because that would really, really suck.
Epimer

Postby Amirya » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:26 am

Epimer wrote:
djlar wrote:Missed the memo for a loooong time about Divine protection and the 6 secs raid wide 20% damage reduction..

That's Divine Sacrifice/Divine Guardian. Divine Protection is still just a personal cooldown.

Me: (from the Frustrations thread) I totally missed that the BoA Tome of Cold Weather Flying required a level 80 to purchase. My alts are on a different server to my 80s now, and that's left them a bit screwed. Does anyone know if that 80 you use to buy the Tome has to have Cold Weather Flying themselves? Because that would really, really suck.

I don't believe so, but don't quote me as all of mine have CWF.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Epimer » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:31 pm

Amirya wrote:I don't believe so, but don't quote me as all of mine have CWF.

Confirmed - you just have to be 80 to get the vendor window up, and then you can buy the tome even if you don't have CWF on that toon.

(I opened a ticket to ask this, but dinged 80 on my warrior while I was waiting :P )
Epimer

Postby Arcand » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:37 am

Epimer wrote:(I opened a ticket to ask this, but dinged 80 on my warrior while I was waiting :P )

"...he was level 46 when I made the ticket."

(Did they ever answer it? This doesn't sound like the kind of question that I would
expect to be answered well by a first tier customer service rep.)
Arcand

Postby djlar » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:55 am

Epimer wrote:

Yeah that one.. see I even missed the memo on the correct name of the talent..
djlar

Postby Epimer » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:55 am

The warrior was level 79 and 360k XP away from 80, and fully rested. I'd have known this if my UI had XP bars anywhere on it (I'm not much of an altoholic usually, so it's something I'd left out because I don't normally need it). It only took me two dungeon runs after opening the ticket to ding, at which point I cancelled the ticket.

So in fairness to them, they didn't get much of a chance to reply, given that I tend to forget I'm not on my paladin while tanking on my warrior and pull accordingly. Makes for quicker levelling runs, at least, although it can be a bit hard on the poor healer.
Epimer

Postby amh » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:20 pm

Was a minor warlock glyph deleted recently? I seem to be missing one, but I can't figure out which one (I thought) I had.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby katraya » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:09 am

I didn't realize there was a druid trainer in Moonglade. I've been porting there and then flying to Darnassus or TB. :oops:
katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:10 am

katraya wrote:I didn't realize there was a druid trainer in Moonglade. I've been porting there and then flying to Darnassus or TB. :oops:

this made me rofl a few copters
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Gamingdevil » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:15 am

katraya wrote:I didn't realize there was a druid trainer in Moonglade. I've been porting there and then flying to Darnassus or TB. :oops:

It's the home of the druidic order, you'd think there would be a trainer :roll:
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby amh » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:51 pm

Since when did Anzu not require a druid with an Essence-infused Moonstone? His room is cleared of trash now, and there's no summoning required. Just walked right in on my paladin, and there he was.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Lieris » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:57 pm

amh wrote:Since when did Anzu not require a druid with an Essence-infused Moonstone? His room is cleared of trash now, and there's no summoning required. Just walked right in on my paladin, and there he was.

Since a few days ago.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Deliriously » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:01 pm

Well our whole guild (sans Sabin) seems to have missed every single class change in 4.0..

Leads to some funny rantings from Sabin lols
Deliriously

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:05 pm

Deliriously wrote:Well our whole guild (sans Sabin) seems to have missed every single class change in 4.0..

Leads to some funny rantings from Sabin lols

you guys are all fucking terrible.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Indago » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:11 am

So I was bored and browsing through mmo champion the other day and I found this http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2010/cataclysm/cataclysm_models/draenei_paladin_epic.jpg. Maybe I missed the memo, but are they taking my horsey away from my dreanei paladin!? D:

I saw a model for a tuaren pally mount too, and all I can say is WTF?? I ran all over creation doing that quest chain at 60, the moment that ghost horse spawned in scholo and I got my mount is one of my favorite memories in WoW. Its bad enough that they removed the quest entirely, but now I have to ride around on an ugly deformed elephant?

*insert nerdrage here*

"It's not how hard you hit, it's how hard you get hit, and keep moving forward."-R.Pausch
Indago

PreviousNext

Return to General