Remove Advertisements

Missing the Memo

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:41 pm

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:
Arcand wrote:I'll take one of the handful of questlines in the game that actually made me feel like a paladin, thanks. :)

You do that. I'll take the one that makes me feel like a Blood Knight. And when Cata ships, I'll take the one that makes me feel like a Sunwalker.

once more I am forced to regret that Blizzard decided Horde should have Paladins.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Arcand » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:43 pm

Part of my serious love for Verigan's is that I did the quest with another paladin I'd met a few days ago (we still talk and run stuff, four years later). I remember weaving through the ogres trying not to aggro more than one at a time, and I remember when the wood was the last thing we needed and we two-manned the Deadmines up to the goblins to get it. Level 22 or something.

That won't impress anybody these days, but at the time we were new to the game and it pushed us pretty hard. We were right chuffed when we finally got it done.
Arcand

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:48 pm

Arcand wrote:Part of my serious love for Verigan's is that I did the quest with another paladin I'd met a few days ago (we still talk and run stuff, four years later). I remember weaving through the ogres trying not to aggro more than one at a time, and I remember when the wood was the last thing we needed and we two-manned the Deadmines up to the goblins to get it. Level 22 or something.

That won't impress anybody these days, but at the time we were new to the game and it pushed us pretty hard. We were right chuffed when we finally got it done.

Hell yeah
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Jtree » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:27 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
Arcand wrote:Part of my serious love for Verigan's is that I did the quest with another paladin I'd met a few days ago (we still talk and run stuff, four years later). I remember weaving through the ogres trying not to aggro more than one at a time, and I remember when the wood was the last thing we needed and we two-manned the Deadmines up to the goblins to get it. Level 22 or something.

Hell yeah

Seconded.

I did the two-pally Deadmines thing too. That was the first "big" quest-line I did in WoW, it probably helped me get hooked on the game. I definitely felt good about getting a blue weapon.
Jtree

Postby mclem » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:31 pm

halabar wrote:But I did get my charger the old-fashioned way!

Pah, you didn't *really* get the charger unless you paid a fortune for (or, awesomely, lucked into a drop of) the Pristine Black Diamond, and ran the finale in Scholomance back when it was still populated for raid-sized groups!

Kids these days, uphill both ways (etc, etc)
mclem

Postby tuberon » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:00 pm

mclem wrote:

Pah, you didn't *really* get the charger unless you paid a fortune for (or, awesomely, lucked into a drop of) the Pristine Black Diamond, and ran the finale in Scholomance back when it was still populated for raid-sized groups!

Kids these days, uphill both ways (etc, etc)

I was taken by a group of pallies for the scholo part.

Kind of a ritual in the guild I was in, for the pallies. All pallies who could come would. And I later did the same for others.
Warning: Above poster makes no claims to validity or sanity of said post.

Also... cake.
tuberon
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:04 pm

mclem wrote:

It was after BC launched.. but the mats and stuff were still damn expensive..
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Kuma » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:18 am

I love the inquiries I get even in 25-man raids as to how I'm procuring reagents from my squire. "Gah, I need symbols. Hey! Little $#!%head! Get out here! I've got a list for you to take to town! Hey Priests! You guys need candles?"

As for me missing the memo, I was levelling my Elem Shammy alongside my wife levelling her Druid. I thought she was SO LUCKY to be able wear her leather heirloom shoulders and get the XP bonus while I had to wait until I was 40 before I could put on my mail spellpower shoulders which were sitting in my inventory...

...and then I was told by a guildmate that the heirloom will turn to leather if you equip it and then into mail once you train at 40. /facepalm
CC used to stand for "Constant Consecration" /mourn

Kuma

Postby Arcand » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:34 am

Kuma wrote:...and then I was told by a guildmate that the heirloom will turn to leather if you equip it and then into mail once you train at 40. /facepalm

I wondered if that was the case and found the answer soon enough, but the game - well, I was going to say they do a crappy job of explaining it but that would imply that they actually try to. :roll:
Arcand

Postby Flex » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:14 am

The heirlooms will gain the increased armor properties of Mail/Plate at level 40 but will remain Leather/Mail until you train Mail/Plate.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Jerex » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:50 pm

...Druids can gather in flight form?

Found that out about five minutes ago. That's ridiculous.
Jerex

Postby Hokahey » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:16 pm

Jerex wrote:...Druids can gather in flight form?

Found that out about five minutes ago. That's the ballinest shit ever.

Fixed that for you.
Hokahey

Postby Pizbit » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:48 pm

Hokahey wrote:

Fixed that for you.

Can't mine in flight form though.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby mclem » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:23 pm

Pizbit wrote:
Hokahey wrote:

Fixed that for you.

Can't mine in flight form though.

I know have a mental image of a bird pecking frantically at a Saronite node.
mclem

Postby Aedh » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:05 pm

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:
Gamingdevil wrote:
djlar wrote:So I guess only alliance pallies have a chance of wielding a 2 H mace early in the game? LOL

They're the only one to wield an awesome 2h mace.

Your "awesome 2h mace" has spirit on it. Try again.

And is pink.

I know this because when I faction transferred I did it. I have that mace but not my ransuer.
Grehn|Skipjack wrote:Whatever happened to Quebec seceding? If they do that, can we invade? America could really use the revenue from exporting syrup and hockey players.
Aedh

PreviousNext

Return to General