Missing the Memo

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:00 pm

I'm thinking he meant 11 full Spirits of Harmony.

16 x 7 = 112

112/10 = 11.2
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Newsom » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:29 pm

Ah, read too quickly.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby econ21 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:11 am

I've been running Scarlet Halls every day to get the one tanking helm that drops in heroics. Except it never drops. I find out today, of course it never drops - because you get it in Scarlet Monastery not Scarlet Halls. I'm half inclined to stick with the PvP helm, as although lower ilevel it is better itemised in the new topsy turvey world of paladin tank stats.

The frustrating thing is that Scarlet Monastery is the one heroic I've found hard. I kept dropping like a sack of coal on the trash between the first two bosses. I think it's the combination of flamestrikes plus focussed spell casting. Any tips? The only thing I can think of is using CC - I'm inclined to respec repentance if I do actually farm this.
econ21

Postby Bellanka » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:31 am

I LoS pull them using the pillars in the "corridor" so they're all grouped up, and save my AS for interrupts. AS, main interrupt, our level 83 ability I can't remember the name for, and as a BELF I also have Arcane Torrent, although I mainly use that when I pull 4+ groups together.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:50 am

Actually most of the damage on those pulls comes from the fanatics. They hurt.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:51 am

I had no idea there was a cap on Charms of Good Fortune (10). Good thing I noticed this week and not next... Guess I'll have to blow some on LFR after all.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Zalaria » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:49 pm

...there's a cap? crap, i already ran lfr!
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Teranoid » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:19 pm

Zalaria wrote:...there's a cap? crap, i already ran lfr!

Yeah it maxes at 10. So if you've done all your dailies every day since the beginning of the expansion you already have enough coins to turn in to last you three months.
Teranoid

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:34 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:I had no idea there was a cap on Charms of Good Fortune (10). Good thing I noticed this week and not next... Guess I'll have to blow some on LFR after all.

What about Sha? I've gotten tier gloves myself, and several guildies have gotten pants.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:15 pm

Yeah, noticed that after. 1 token on Sha would be much better spent than LFR because of the ilevel of the gear, even pvp.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:23 am

Not a missed the memo for me, but a heads up for others who might have: The August Celestials quests at Cradle of Chi-Ji are available every day, regardless of which temple you're sent to. If the daily temple is Red Crane, these are the only quests you'll get, if it's one of the others you can do both. Depending on which temple is the daily, you can have as few as 4 quests or as many as 10.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:31 pm

Worldie wrote:I just realized Hunters have been given a Combat Res.

Why not paladins? :<

Blizzard has read me and finally sort of granted a combat res to Prot paladins, fun :D
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:09 am

My previous post about August Celestials is no longer correct - they hotfixed it so the Red Crane dailies are no lnoger always available.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:13 pm

You apparently can't save up dailies either... I was trying to knock out the White Tiger dailies before the reset. Finished all the arena fights and started to work on the Bully quest. Killed the guy, dailies reset, quest was no longer in my log to turn in.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby jere » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:14 am

Skye1013 wrote:You apparently can't save up dailies either... I was trying to knock out the White Tiger dailies before the reset. Finished all the arena fights and started to work on the Bully quest. Killed the guy, dailies reset, quest was no longer in my log to turn in.

Is that AC specific perhaps? Their quest hubs change location, so I could see that being done. Or is it in general for other dailies besides AC?
jere

PreviousNext

Return to General