Remove Advertisements

Ulduar - Defiance: Now with full length 30 minute download.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Ulduar - Defiance

Postby Auroris » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:57 pm

Invisusira wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:so I finally watched part 2

I thought some of the fights were kind of boring (meh to Kolo, Auriaya, Hodir and Freya), but the Brann/Archivum segment and the Mimiron fight were absolute awesomeness. I also liked the Thorim segment and the ending thereof.

Was hoping for more original voice acting though.

That's the problem, no matter how I cut them... they're still the same boss fights you've been doing for the last half a year. It's hard to make boss videos not boring.
Which is why this will possibly be my last PvE video.

And don't worry, you'll be getting more voice acting.

I forbid this.
"Someday the Glory will Fade and only Memories will remain."
Auroris

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:04 pm

Invisusira wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:so I finally watched part 2

I thought some of the fights were kind of boring (meh to Kolo, Auriaya, Hodir and Freya), but the Brann/Archivum segment and the Mimiron fight were absolute awesomeness. I also liked the Thorim segment and the ending thereof.

Was hoping for more original voice acting though.

That's the problem, no matter how I cut them... they're still the same boss fights you've been doing for the last half a year. It's hard to make boss videos not boring.
Which is why this will possibly be my last PvE video.

And don't worry, you'll be getting more voice acting.

yeah you know I think the Mimiron segment was good not just because of the music choice lining up so well (it was very well chosen imo) but because it was all from perspectives that I NEVER have on the Mimiron fight itself, so it was kind of a new way of seeing it. The rest of the fights were all pretty much exactly the same as normal for me. It would have been cool to see footage from both the Arena and tunnel in the Thorim segment.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Arnock » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:12 pm

again, very epic, would definately watch again

although, waiting to d/l for the full version,

I would definately suggest going for algalon however, Not sure how well 2 bosses would translate into a video when the previous parts had 4 or more
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:15 pm

Yeah so I've pretty much got the Mimiron music on loot. Constantly.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Vindicated » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:52 am

<Obligatory movie sux, etc>
Vindicated

Postby Santcuff » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:50 pm

Movie sux because ally sux :D
srry had to do it
love it its so good
daemonym wrote:Crazy? I was crazy once...
Santcuff

Postby TonicTank » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:36 pm

Santcuff wrote:Movie sux because ally sux :D
srry had to do it
love it its so good

Quick someone get him a blowdryer and a hair brush. His yellow power ranger helmet is giving him helmet hair. With this he can't be /fabulous! :roll:
TonicTank

Postby Auroris » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:33 am

And two of my greatest film makers are making their movies. One whose finished, the other is almost.

Jack released his Ulduar movie today, and it was amazing. Invis, we're waiting on the last part! Make it awesome!
Auroris

Postby Santcuff » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:13 am

TonicTank wrote:
Santcuff wrote:Movie sux because ally sux :D
srry had to do it
love it its so good

Quick someone get him a blowdryer and a hair brush. His yellow power ranger helmet is giving him helmet hair. With this he can't be /fabulous! :roll:

I'm already /fabulous!
daemonym wrote:Crazy? I was crazy once...
Santcuff

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:52 pm

Exolaeth wrote:And two of my greatest film makers are making their movies. One whose finished, the other is almost.

Jack released his Ulduar movie today, and it was amazing. Invis, we're waiting on the last part! Make it awesome!

I've got to say, I stopped watching Jack's after the line, "after winter, comes spring." The lousy voice acting, script, film and editing were just ... not what I expected from a Jack film.

I had to put on Invis' versions afterwards to get the taste out.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Auroris » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:37 am

fuzzygeek wrote:
Exolaeth wrote:And two of my greatest film makers are making their movies. One whose finished, the other is almost.

I've got to say, I stopped watching Jack's after the line, "after winter, comes spring." The lousy voice acting, script, film and editing were just ... not what I expected from a Jack film.

I had to put on Invis' versions afterwards to get the taste out.

I think it was because they had a new voice in. Usuaully Jack voices people over his toon. Such as the BC one with Akama always over Jack's voice. Now he did his own voice for this, and has that girl who is ???? no idea. But I kind of liked it, his score is always fitting. ;o Jungle song for Auriaya!

But Yeah, It's definately not the BC movie. His like greatest one, though I did enjoy Empire and Nihilum one.
Auroris

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:21 am

You just don't get much of a sense of the fight in Jack's film. The raid wanders in, they have some corny dialogue, you see a bunch of flashing lights and explosious, then they wander out.

I thought his music was poorly chosen as well; I honestly barely noticed it.

One of the things that really elevated Invis' films was his use of shaky-cam -- which I absolutely revile in movies because it's almost always poorly done. Invis uses it to accentuate the action on screen, not as a visual gimmick to "bring the viewer into the film." For example, the screen shake with XTs footsteps was particularly good.

There was no sense of "weight" in Jack's film. I was disappointed.

The TBC one was amazing.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:32 am

It really is a challenge to find the perfect amount of shakycam that ads to the film without detracting from it. Some of those boss fights I went over 10, 15 times before I was happy with the result.

Of course, I've been fine-tuning it for a long time now. I think my first successful use of it was in what's probably my favorite intro ever, the Vashj kill movie when Lurker swims by the camera.
Invisusira

Postby fafhrd » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:26 pm

The only movie of Jacks I've really liked was the first BWL one. That was amazing, no corny story or bad voice acting (imo just about every wow movie that does either does them badly), just gorgeous game footage with good editing and his guild actually doing their own thing.

I tried watching his later movies and just didn't like them as much - too much focus on players doing what he told them to do and stepping through the boss emotes and less of just showing his guild horsing around discovering a zone with all the pretty graphics maxed out and UI hidden.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Auroris » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:27 pm

<.<... Fafhrd, you are just jealous of his movie hunter skeelz.
Auroris

PreviousNext

Return to General